FightingGoldenDevil

NFL changes 2019

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

Agreed, And that was where I was going. Since Houston is supposedly talking about making some small adjustments to possible bigger changes to their uniform. Well If they don't wanna make drastic color palette changes ( which they really shouldn't ) I guess all it takes is letting Nike make the swoosh columbia and possibles are open, I mean that's how it works now right?

If going this route is a serious consideration for them, making the swoosh and maybe wordmarks Columbia blue would be a subtle way to add it to the official identity for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hawk36 said:

This whole throwback faux back discussion sparked an idea. Love the Hawk's silver helmet set but since they can't use an alt helmet, could/should they just do that set with their current darker blue and new logo?

 

FrankenHawks.jpg

 

Forget alternate, I’d make a whole set out of that. Yes please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<insert standard Texans switch to red/I hate navy rant #23>

 

On 4/9/2019 at 11:06 AM, dont care said:

That would make them a virtual clone of the patriots.

 

And we already get called Patriots south form obvious reasons.

4 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

Agreed, And that was where I was going. Since Houston is supposedly talking about making some small adjustments to possible bigger changes to their uniform. Well If they don't wanna make drastic color palette changes ( which they really shouldn't ) I guess all it takes is letting Nike make the swoosh columbia and possibles are open, I mean that's how it works now right?

 

3 hours ago, WavePunter said:

If going this route is a serious consideration for them, making the swoosh and maybe wordmarks Columbia blue would be a subtle way to add it to the official identity for sure

 

I would mind if they did that. All I want is for them to switch to red as a primary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Doesn't mean much, just that they sell better.

 

Probably best seller right up there with the color rush. But why make a game jersey if he'll never wear it. Browns players always wear orange during public appearances, but it's always a replica.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hawk36 said:

This whole throwback faux back discussion sparked an idea. Love the Hawk's silver helmet set but since they can't use an alt helmet, could/should they just do that set with their current darker blue and new logo?

 

FrankenHawks.jpg

5 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

 

Forget alternate, I’d make a whole set out of that. Yes please.

 

Two major obstacles to that: 1) First and only Super Bowl win was in the current set. 2) Change away from the silver was done under Paul Allen. I'm afraid it might be seen as a slight to him now that he's passed. But, for an alternate, twice a year... I think that could work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A professional sports team in Texas with a red, white, and blue color scheme with a chance to wear a red helmet??? Pfft, yeah like that could ever happen...

 

 

 

 

 

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chargers and jets color rush are not shades used by the team at the time they were used

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

So Beckham has a white, orange and Color Rush jersey. Yet the horrible brown primaries are no where to be seen. I know it's wishful thinking, but maybe the orange jerseys are coming back for 2019? Any chance they can make that the primary instead? I don't see the league letting them upgrade the Color Rush to primary.

 

y5gp0az2xfr21.jpg

Drop the shadow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Two major obstacles to that: 1) First and only Super Bowl win was in the current set.

 

Don’t think that’s actually much of an obstacle, since plenty of other teams have won and then moved away from their Super Bowl-winning look.  Certainly didn’t stop the Bucs from throwing theirs away.  Or, for that matter, the Jets.  The Dolphins and 49ers made significant changes to their winning looks.  Even the Packers and Steelers, teams we think of as uber-traditional, made changes to the uniforms they wore in championship games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hawk36 said:

 

Two major obstacles to that: 1) First and only Super Bowl win was in the current set. 2) Change away from the silver was done under Paul Allen. I'm afraid it might be seen as a slight to him now that he's passed. But, for an alternate, twice a year... I think that could work. 

 

@JimmyN64 made a solution:

 

 

4MSBIms.png

 

4 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

 

Don’t think that’s actually much of an obstacle, since plenty of other teams have won and then moved away from their Super Bowl-winning look.  Certainly didn’t stop the Bucs from throwing theirs away.  Or, for that matter, the Jets.  The Dolphins and 49ers made significant changes to their winning looks.  Even the Packers and Steelers, teams we think of as uber-traditional, made changes to the uniforms they wore in championship games.

 

It largely depends on what you do after a championship contender period. If it was one title followed by a long stretch of mediocrity, then it makes a bit of sense to change it up. The Buccaneers fall into that category, as do the Jets and Dolphins. The Steelers and Packers did a mixture of trend-chasing and tweaking, while the Niners were pure trend-chasing while fading from the competitive radar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

A professional sports team in Texas with a red, white, and blue color scheme with a chance to wear a red helmet??? Pfft, yeah like that could ever happen...

 

 

 

 

 

 

spacer.png

#fugly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

It largely depends on what you do after a championship contender period. If it was one title followed by a long stretch of mediocrity, then it makes a bit of sense to change it up. 

 

Just as it does whenever there is a long period of mediocrity without a championship.  Because winning a single Super Bowl doesn’t actually influence the staying power of a uniform set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jgiff17 said:

Chargers and jets color rush are not shades used by the team at the time they were used

They just need to be a color that was used in their history, the Texans franchise never used Columbia/luvya/titan blue, so they wouldn’t be allowed to wear it for a color rush.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, msubulldog said:

#fugly

I think this is far from that:

spacer.png

I’d imagine that uniform has red socks, but you could get away with blue IF they had striping. 

 

The case for a red helmet is pretty strong considering a professional team in the same state does it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I think this is far from that:

spacer.png

I’d imagine that uniform has red socks, but you could get away with blue IF they had striping. 

 

The case for a red helmet is pretty strong considering a professional team in the same state does it.

Since when did we start using other sports asthetics as justification? We really shouldn’t compare different sports because they have different styles. Baseball is super conservative, football is kinda a middle ground between the super liberal basketball ect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dont care said:

Since when did we start using other sports asthetics as justification? We really shouldn’t compare different sports because they have different styles. Baseball is super conservative, football is kinda a middle ground between the super liberal basketball ect.

Exactly, what does a MLB have to do with the Texans using a red helmet. Especially when you consider that this team is from a rival city and the Texans share a city with a team that doesn't use red.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dont care said:

Since when did we start using other sports asthetics as justification? We really shouldn’t compare different sports because they have different styles. Baseball is super conservative, football is kinda a middle ground between the super liberal basketball ect.

Ah sorry, thinner pants and jersey stripes, smaller helmets, huge number replaced by huge lettering... big difference!

 

I hope this is better representation:

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Gothamite said:

 

Don’t think that’s actually much of an obstacle, since plenty of other teams have won and then moved away from their Super Bowl-winning look.  Certainly didn’t stop the Bucs from throwing theirs away.  Or, for that matter, the Jets.  The Dolphins and 49ers made significant changes to their winning looks.  Even the Packers and Steelers, teams we think of as uber-traditional, made changes to the uniforms they wore in championship games.

Right but the Seahawks have continued to be a playoff team, no real dip yet.

 

In reality though, I feel the Paul Allen death would be the biggest obstacle for at least the next 3-5 years (especially since his sister now owns the team). He changed the uniforms shortly after buying the team, to change back may seem like a slight. Kind of "you're gone so now we can go back to our look". Just me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.