NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/22/2018 at 5:50 PM, BrandMooreArt said:

ive always liked that. if they were to use the double stripe on the helmet, it would mimick the Jets. plus, the double stripes used on the outside of the uniform (shoulders, legs, sometimes calves) while the single stripe is centered (middle of helmet) makes sense to me

i like this idea. a few years ago on the honepage we did a Fix It Friday where the helmet was pretty much that. eliminate the dolphin (every version is bad) and call back to the original mark with a simple, bold letter. i dig it

naw, their identity is one of the very best in the league. come at me!

I don’t mind the Colts mixing two stripes and one stripe, but the way they do it feels bottom-heavy to me. It would feel much more balanced with a single stripe down each pant leg.

That Miami helmet is a suggestion I used to throw out quite often (probably a decade ago now) and I would do it because it’s the helmet that the dolphin wears in the logo. Why would the players wear a different helmet than the dolphin?! 🙂

The Falcons’ uniform is one of the best from the Reebok era, but I still feel it would be better with fewer “things.” I suppose I just don’t understand what the braided trim, the random armpit and leg darts, or the LSD big top circus design on the sleeves is supposed to communicate (and my distaste for redundant logos on the sleeves is well documented). Take it all away in favor of a simple black and red pant stripe and it’s mature, tough, yet still distinctively them; a top-5 look.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Interested with the potential of a black Jets uniform. I can't help but think of Eagles comparisons, and I don't like that. Black just doesn't seem to work with green/white. Not super excited about that, but I guess I'll hold judgement until I see them. Whatever this "Sport Green" is, I hope it's a little brighter than the current Jets green.

I'd like to see a change for the Falcons, but nothing super drastic. They have a good base, but it needs to be less edgy/aggressively modern.

I'm sure the Patriots will make a change to the uniforms after Brady leaves (which can't come soon enough), but it probably won't be a return to the Pat Patriot style. I'd like to see the removal of silver and the better use of red.

One last thing here, there are rumors going around Panthers fans that we may see a change next year. Not sure how well these hold up, but given that we've been playing around with new combos this year, it may be something. Hopefully we see the dropping of silver and a switch to an all-black look. I'm hoping that Mr. Tepper makes some changes to help make this era distinct from the Richardson era.

the user formerly known as cdclt

If the Jets *do* have a black set next year, that leads me to believe the helmet will no longer be white — which I’m okay with because the AFC East has two other teams with white helmets. There’s no doubt it’ll be a different, more vibrant green than the Eagles’, too, so I don’t see an issue with two teams having green helmets with black alternates.

22 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

If the Jets *do* have a black set next year, that leads me to believe the helmet will no longer be white — which I’m okay with because the AFC East has two other teams with white helmets. There’s no doubt it’ll be a different, more vibrant green than the Eagles’, too, so I don’t see an issue with two teams having green helmets with black alternates.

They do have a black set next year. I have seen it with my own eyes. 

Jaguars

1 hour ago, Teal said:

That sucks, though I'm assuming it will be an alternate uniform and may not live long (I hope). I'm just hoping the primary home and away is green and white only.

3 hours ago, Teal said:

I’m not disputing your information or sources, so no need to be defensive. Simply acknowledging and placing emphasis on the possibility and adding my thoughts. 

9 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

I think he's referring to the Browns color rush which is a very dark brown and does look almost black in some lighting situations

The Browns’ color rush is actually the same brown as their standard brown jersey, which is the same shade of brown as their previous uniforms, pre-2015. The orange was tweaked in 2015, the brown was not.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/12374006/cleveland-browns-tweak-helmet-color-unveil-new-dawg-pound-logo

The Browns say the orange is "brighter and richer and matches the passion of our fans and city. The brown is unchanged."

Replace the white helmet stripe with gray, make the facemask gray, and maybe the pants, and you've got a winner.

The white numbers remain unchanged.

EAG-0463103-H.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Cleveland's current set has too much orange. We need less of that and more white. I'm not saying reduce orange to a minimal color, but brown and orange aren't the best contrasting combo, which is why white was so beneficial.

7 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Replace the white helmet stripe with gray, make the facemask gray, and maybe the pants, and you've got a winner.

The white numbers remain unchanged.

Bonus points for digging up a photo of FNOB Andra Davis. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I took a look through the NFL 100th season styleguide.  Its actually pretty good... much like the Super Bowl branding, if you ignore the terrible logo then the color scheme and style and branding are actually pretty good.  They are using a cyan, red and silver color palette and a hint of neon green.  I think overall people will be pretty happy with it.

It also looks like the NFL 100 logo will replace the regular shield on jersey collars.  Slightly altered though so the shield is centered beneath the 100.

Same thing on the game balls.

A few years ago during the Super Bowl 50 season, the NFL shield was replaced by a gold version for the full season, and the r/w/b version was basically unseen.  I expect the NFL100 logo to replace the regular shield the same way.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived