NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

Are Bucs changing their number font? Noticed their first round picks jersey had a different number (1) font.

Not seeing a difference 

DwN9C6v.jpg

WunMNIm.jpg

On 4/25/2019 at 10:09 AM, Sec19Row53 said:

1 -  I disagree that their designs have been average at best. If I were to rank NFL uniforms, the majority of the Nike re-designs would be below 16, and thus NOT average.

2 - See @oldschoolvikings post above to see exectly how Nike highlights its swoosh.

I don't hate Nike. I only wear NIke casual shoes. I DO hate Nike's design team, and how most NFL teams have bowed to their designs.

He wasn't arguing for that, he was pointing out how they could be interpreted as such. They can easily be countered. He also said you and others may just be crazy conspiracy theorist. 

Flywire is more of Nike highlighting Nike than anything. 

Idk if you've ever designed a uniform before, or even talk to someone that has..specifically for Nike; but there's a lot more input that goes into it than just the Nike design team. There's all kinds of old suits that have far more input than they probably should. Nike deserves criticism, but i guarantee a lot of their design decisions are the teams choice. 

Any word if the Cardinals are getting new uniforms anytime soon? I always wondered if a redesign is in place until Fitzgerald retires. They desperately need a new identity considering their initial design was based on the old reebok template. 

1 hour ago, Pengin. said:

Any word if the Cardinals are getting new uniforms anytime soon? I always wondered if a redesign is in place until Fitzgerald retires. They desperately need a new identity considering their initial design was based on the old reebok template. 

Cardinals, Bengals and Falcons could all use a redesign. Reebok's designs didn't age well.

2 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

Idk if you've ever designed a uniform before, or even talk to someone that has..specifically for Nike; but there's a lot more input that goes into it than just the Nike design team. There's all kinds of old suits that have far more input than they probably should. Nike deserves criticism, but i guarantee a lot of their design decisions are the teams choice. 

I don’t think anyone disputes that.  Many of us are on record as holding the teams every bit as responsible for sacrificing their identities as Nike is.  Even repeating as much on this thread.

That being said, Nike is in fact driving the bus in many of these instances.  They’re the ones actively campaigning and lobbying clubs to make changes.  We won’t let the teams off the hook for going along, but neither should we absolve Nike of their share of responsibility. 

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

Cardinals, Bengals and Falcons could all use a redesign. Reebok's designs didn't age well.

For the Bengals, the have a Semi-Decent Idea that was executed well on their Color Rush. What that would mean is, Block Nunber font rather than that weird custom skinny font with the Drop Shadow, and removal of Side Panels. I think that the Sleeve Tiger Stripes work better than the Shoulder Tiger Stripes on Modern Templates. The curve on the Pant Stripe is fine, I guess, but would prefer not to have it.

The Falcons should model after their Throwback and Color Rush set. Basically keep the Color Rush Jersey the way it is, but wear White Pants from the Throwbacks. Modern Logo all around.

da0Lbhs.png

I am planning on buying a new Jets jersey, but I've never had a Nike football jersey and I'm wondering if it's worth the $70 CAD increase to buy a Limited over a Game and if the Limiteds fit well, because when I see any in stores, they seem tight. (I do know the Games are screen printed)

IbjBaeE.png

20 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

I am planning on buying a new Jets jersey, but I've never had a Nike football jersey and I'm wondering if it's worth the $70 CAD increase to buy a Limited over a Game and if the Limiteds fit well, because when I see any in stores, they seem tight. (I do know the Games are screen printed)

I own the middle level Limited.

Fits just the same as before, and I would much rather wear that than the cheap ones.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

I find that the sleeve length on a limited is more like a t-shirt whereas the game jerseys have sleeves that are a little too long for me. That combined with the higher quality of numbers and logos is why I prefer limited. If you can, try some on in store even if it’s a different team to see how you like the fit before deciding. 

52 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Looks like the NFL has trademarked the name Duluth Eskimos. The Vikings might get a throwback? Maybe there will be merch?

I'd expect to see them roll out a bunch of "updated" legacy teams this year to capitalize on 100 seasons. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 4/26/2019 at 4:48 PM, VDizzle12 said:

Those were all dated the day they had their fashion shows. 

In the Bengals' case their uniforms actually got better when Nike applied Reebok's design to their template. They standardized all the varying cuts that looked vastly different depending on the player and they fixed the nubby pants stripe. They're still not good and I'd welcome a change, but they've been easier to watch than they were under Reebok. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

There will certainly be merch.  I'm less convinced about the possibility of a throwback game - that seems more a standard filing practice the league does to ensure that nobody else can use the name for a football team.

Uhhhh...

reilly-e1539480945731.jpg

Though these Eskimos might not be around much longer with rumors they will be changing to the Edmonton Empire in the near future, which is a name they hold the trademark on and "Empire" has been part of their advertising/marketing mottos for the past couple seasons. I'm going to try to avoid this discussion on the boards, but the change will be largely in part to the same circumstances surrounding a certain NFL team and a certain MLB team, though Edmonton hasn't used any of same imagery for logos which I think relatively shielded them from the same discussions for the most part. The Eskimos have used the double-E logo for their entire history since they started in 1949.

I'm wondering if the NFL filing for the Duluth Eskimos trademark will have an effect on this and if the CFL/Edmonton will use it as part of the reason they will switch the name.

(How dumb of a name Empire is (extremely dumb), especially with the fact the team can trace its lineage back to a team called the Edmonton Elks, can be for the CFL uniforms thread.)

IbjBaeE.png

Archived