NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

I’m sorry but the Dolphins update was one of the better one in all of sports, I don’t see the problem with it, the only issues with the uniforms could be the number font but honestly it’s okay too. All in all the dolphins have been top 10 in the league throughout this update, it frustrates me the amount of hate it gets

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theismann Gives Blessing for Redskins to Re-Issue Number 7 Jersey

May 1, 2019 - 20:11 PM

For the first time in over thirty years, you’ll see the number seven suit up in the burgundy and gold. During an appearance on Washington, D.C. sports radio station 106.7 The Fan, former Washington Redskins quarterback Joe Theismann revealed a […]

Read More...

The logo doesn't fit well for a football team and is more in line with what a vacationing company would use. Plus, the inconsistent edges on the number font is a major eyesore.

These are my only dislikes, however. The recent update to the orange was a good fix and I don't mind the more blueish aqua. We could be much worse (Cleveland, Tampa Bay, Tennessee).

20 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

New Raiders safety Jonathan Abram posted a photo of his locker on Instagram and the helmet inside had the NFL100 logo on the back.

I’m not sure if we knew this already or if it was just assumed, but I found it noteworthy. That also made me wonder if it will replace the NFL logo on the pants this season, as well.

There will only be one #24 in my book and that's my man Lynch.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

I still don’t understand why the Dolphins would ditch one of the most recognized and beloved logos in sports. It’s been said a million times but the current logo looks like it belongs to a south Florida condominium complex.

My only issue with the Dolphins (and I could see arguments for another look of theirs being superior, but that doesn't mean this look is bad) is the use of navy in the logo and nowhere else in the identity. I know there are some exceptions to this rule out there, but just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm fine with the logo as I was never a fan of the cartoony helmet dolphin. They've had several great looks and their current one is modern, simple, and doesn't need any big changes.

8 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

I'm fine with the logo as I was never a fan of the cartoony helmet dolphin. They've had several great looks and their current one is modern, simple, and doesn't need any big changes.

I understand calling previous Dolphin logos cartoony, although the original one was probably overly designed (a sketch) and less cartoony. But this one is too much like a Cruise ship or tube of Aquafresh toothpaste for my liking.

It's where I sit.

10 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

My only issue with the Dolphins (and I could see arguments for another look of theirs being superior, but that doesn't mean this look is bad) is the use of navy in the logo and nowhere else in the identity. I know there are some exceptions to this rule out there, but just doesn't make sense to me.

Don't a lot of NFL teams do that? Steelers (red and blue), Cardinals (yellow), Ravens (red), Falcons, (silver), etc. There's actually quite a few.

8 minutes ago, G-tron said:

Don't a lot of NFL teams do that? Steelers (red and blue), Cardinals (yellow), Ravens (red), Falcons, (silver), etc. There's actually quite a few.

6 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yes, plus 49ers, Vikings, Redskins, Jaguars, and Chiefs.

Yep! And the only instance where I actually like it would be the Steelers.

Cardinals don't actually have yellow beaks. Ravens red eye is pointless. Falcons don't need silver. Jaguars should bring gold back into their identity.

Redskins, Vikings, Chiefs, and 49ers all have a history of using black as an outline color, and even then I'm not huge on it. I don't feel that correlates with what the Dolphins are doing. They had navy in the identity and chose to just drop it from their uniforms.

19 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I understand calling previous Dolphin logos cartoony, although the original one was probably overly designed (a sketch) and less cartoony. But this one is too much like a Cruise ship or tube of Aquafresh toothpaste for my liking.

I understand that criticism as well for the new one (the cruise line thing moreso than the toothpaste, Aquafresh is very aesthetically pleasing), it just doesn't bother me as it does others.

6 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Yep! And the only instance where I actually like it would be the Steelers.

Cardinals don't actually have yellow beaks. Ravens red eye is pointless. Falcons don't need silver. Jaguars should bring gold back into their identity.

Redskins, Vikings, Chiefs, and 49ers all have a history of using black as an outline color, and even then I'm not huge on it. I don't feel that correlates with what the Dolphins are doing. They had navy in the identity and chose to just drop it from their uniforms.

The thing many people seem to miss about the Redskins logo is that there's no burgundy in there either. That's brown. So they have the double whammy of having extra colors only in their logo, as well as not even featuring their primary color.

All the more reason to use that beautiful spear on the helmet.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, -Akronite- said:

Redskins, Vikings, Chiefs, and 49ers all have a history of using black as an outline color, and even then I'm not huge on it.

The Vikings would look great without the black they should go this direction. Drop black from the horn logo and facemask (gray) too.

On 5/1/2019 at 8:03 AM, AndrewMLind said:

If the dolphin still wore a helmet, I feel like nobody would have an issue with it. 

This Dolphins fan would like to see the Dolphin arched the same as in previous logos.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived