NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/1/2019 at 1:35 PM, mafiaman said:

1.  The teal color change.  

2.  The orange color change.  (somewhat fixed last season).

3.  Goofy number font.

4.  Changing the Jimmy Johnson era Dolphin logo.  

5.  Wearing teal pants with teal socks looks ridiculous compared to white socks.

6.  White facemask.

7.  Goofy Dolphins wordmark on the jersey.

042513-spt-fins-ae-8.jpg

Look at the Griese numbers vs the quarterback who shall not be named.  It's no comparison as to which look is better.  

I've seen worse

spacer.png

9 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I think that's a lazy way to dismiss other people's opinions rather than contributing to the discussion.  Do better.

You really believe if a brand new team had come up with that logo having never seen it before, this place wouldn't crucify them worse than Steely McBeam?

3 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

You really believe if a brand new team had come up with that logo having never seen it before, this place wouldn't crucify them worse than Steely McBeam?

I don't know.  It didn't happen.  You're making an argument based on something that didn't happen.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, San Diego said:

If they changed the facemask to teal, block numbers and never wore teal socks with teal pants, they'd be fine. Actually they'd be pretty nice. 

If they did all of the above, I'd probably give the logo a passing grade.  

I've been a Dolphins fan though all their looks and I've come to really like their current white uniforms.  The shiny numbers pop off the white.  I can't stand the current aqua jerseys however.  The lighter shade of aqua and lack of sheen looks faded and dull to me.  I don't mind the use of a more abstract helmet logo.  I just think it needs some tweaking.  

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

In a beautiful world the nfl would allow at least three helmets since there’s more than enough time to break in three. Especially this year everyone could do a fauxback for preseason weeks one and two of defunct franchises from the early nfl or those lost in the mergers and then one for the teams that have different colored helmets than their actual throwbacks. Have required hours worn for all the helmets before the year hit the field or something. We are loosing too many great uniform combos with this stupid rule and it’s not stopping Nike from doing stupid things with the uniforms. 

42 minutes ago, jgiff17 said:

In a beautiful world the nfl would allow at least three helmets since there’s more than enough time to break in three. Especially this year everyone could do a fauxback for preseason weeks one and two of defunct franchises from the early nfl or those lost in the mergers and then one for the teams that have different colored helmets than their actual throwbacks. Have required hours worn for all the helmets before the year hit the field or something. We are loosing too many great uniform combos with this stupid rule and it’s not stopping Nike from doing stupid things with the uniforms. 

This right here is why I'm partially glad there is a one helmet rule. It's one thing to have a second helmet for throwbacks, especially teams that have stupidly changed their shell color I'm recent years ( looking at you Titans). But you start talking about a 3rd helmet,  now were really going Oregon in the NFL. You should never go Oregon if you're an NFL team.

2nd helmet specifically and only for a full throwback game, I'm in. Anything else get outta here with that.

1 hour ago, jgiff17 said:

There is no "break-in" period required for football helmets.  They are not sneakers or speakers.

Archived