NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

32 minutes ago, Volt said:

There is no "break-in" period required for football helmets.  They are not sneakers or speakers.

Says who? Maybe not for the shell, but the padding on the inside often needs a lot of breaking in. Ever played in a new helmet? Some of those pads can feel like rocks pressing against your head until they get worked a bit, even with air in there. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/2/2019 at 7:03 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

The other thing about the dolphins logo is that it's an awkward shape to go on a football helmet, while the former ones fit in really well.

ff_2546404_full.jpg&w=600  vs  ff_3146030-affacbf87fd5f2188a89_full.jpg

Yes and no.

You see the old Dolphin logo fit really well on the helmets of its era and more smooth sided helmets today.

However, I think the new logo fits a little better on the more modern helmet with its angled shape and odd vent placement. 

Tom+Brady+Ryan+Tannehill+Miami+Dolphins+

baltimore-ravens-v-miami-dolphins-5b92e7

4 hours ago, jgiff17 said:

In a beautiful world the nfl would allow at least three helmets.

There's nothing beautiful about a world in which NFL teams look as disjointed and ridiculous as some second tier college program so desperate for attention you never know what they'll be wearing from one week to the next.

No thanks.

On 5/2/2019 at 4:22 PM, panthers_2012 said:

https://www.panthers.com/25-seasons/

25th anniversary logo for the Panthers. I really like it and it's different from the previous ones.

Did you get a screen-cap? Link is dead now. I’ve been waiting to see and missed it. 

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

5 hours ago, pagan696 said:

Did you get a screen-cap? Link is dead now. I’ve been waiting to see and missed it. 

Here we go. I don't know if they'll be using it on the uniforms or just for media/ promotional purposes.

spacer.png

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

10 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Or the players should have worn the “M” helmet the dolphin was wearing.

But then there would be no dolphin with an M helmet on the helmet. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Here's a thought I had that could make the Dolphins logo a bit more palatable.  Since the positioning of the leaping dolphin shape was consisten until the most recent change, would a dolphin in the same design style but leaping like the historical logos make it better?

Different opinions and different strokes, but I never saw a problem with the Dolphin wearing a helmet. Given that Orioles generally don’t wear caps, Penguins generally don’t wear skates, and Hornets generally don’t wear sneakers and dribble a basketball (among MANY other examples), a helmet-wearing Dolphin doesn’t bother me a bit. Hell, it’s not even the first NFL logo to feature something wearing a helmet that shouldn’t be; the Colts beat them to it more than a decade before, and that logo is still used on some merchandise today after a hiatus, so it’s not something they shun by any means. Point is, it’s not too far fetched for or beneath a professional team to be a little whimsical and it’s really not as big a problem in my eyes as some make it out to be.

Besides, it’s hard for me to see the current Dolphin as “dignified” anyways when I can’t unsee it doing a belly flop. It probably would’ve sold me had it been in something closer to the original leaping position, but not that one.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, FALCON6 said:

I never understood why the new logo is hated so much. It's far more streamlined and less cartoon-ish than the old one. Overall, a more dignified brand.

When you're dressing up your freakishly massive humans in Easter-aqua and marshmallow white and directing them to smash headlong into other freakishly massive humans, is "dignified"  even still on the table?

14 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

When you're dressing up your freakishly massive humans in Easter-aqua and marshmallow white and directing them to smash headlong into other freakishly massive humans, is "dignified"  even still on the table?

Good take. I won’t even ding you about your team having the official Easter colors. 😜

Archived