NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

they’ll wear the whites against the Patriots. i think thats a squandered opportunitiy; add Indy and Buffalo to a great list of uniform matchups that would both be aethetically pleasing and historically relevent 

The Dolphins have made a tradition of wearing alternate uniforms against New England. They wore the aqua throwbacks for the last two meetings in Miami, and the aqua over aqua in the two games in Miami before that. In 12 meetings between the two franchises since the 2013 update, Miami has worn their regular aqua jerseys only twice, and they've never worn them over white pants. That seems unlikely to change in 2019. Miami could seemingly go an entire iteration of uniforms without wearing their standard dark uniform against a division rival. That is mind boggling to me. 

Yeah, the filled-in space looks cheap, like they were afraid a number with a hole in it would tear easily and they wouldn't be able to afford replacing it. But that doesn't change that retro is not only the best way to go but the only way to go for the Dolphins.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, fouhy12 said:

The Dolphins have made a tradition of wearing alternate uniforms against New England. 

If nothing else, those uniforms are a nice reminder of when the Patriots were Miami’s whipping boy...and not vice versa.

28 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

The Dolphins are going Full Brewers now. I'm going to enjoy what I see and hate it at the same time. They need to just pick a look already.

They don't and they wont. Why have only one identity to market when you can have two? Classic gear for us old farts, and the modern look for those too young to know who Don Shula even is....

Dolphins to Wear White Throwback Uniforms in 2019

May 20, 2019 - 14:02 PM

Like last year, the Miami Dolphins will once again wear throwback uniforms. Unlike last year, they’ll be the white variety. Announced Saturday via the various social media accounts of Dolphins President Tom Garfinkel, the uniforms are similar to the white […]

Read More...

13 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

The Dolphins have made a tradition of wearing alternate uniforms against New England. They wore the aqua throwbacks for the last two meetings in Miami, and the aqua over aqua in the two games in Miami before that. In 12 meetings between the two franchises since the 2013 update, Miami has worn their regular aqua jerseys only twice, and they've never worn them over white pants. That seems unlikely to change in 2019. Miami could seemingly go an entire iteration of uniforms without wearing their standard dark uniform against a division rival. That is mind boggling to me. 

right, ive just never felt that was a good matchup for the uniform. theres also the factor of using the uniform as an extra incentive to get people to come to the games.( they actually sell nearly every ticket but people dont always show up). the Patriots and Jets games need no extra incentive there, but Chargers? Washington? those would have been great choices

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

11 hours ago, dirwuf said:

They don't and they wont. Why have only one identity to market when you can have two? Classic gear for us old farts, and the modern look for those too young to know who Don Shula even is....

Or for that matter, Don Strock.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

3 hours ago, mafiaman said:

If by "current Dolphins set," you mean the aqua throwback, then, yes, I agree.

USATSI_11824679.jpg?w=916&h=720

It even makes Ryan Tannehill look good.

All it needs is an aqua facemask

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Archived