NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

Nah.  

1) the white pants stripe sticks out like a sore thumb.

2) it's just too much for a bright / sunny day.  I think it'd be annoying to watch after a while.

3) navy pants with a single or double yellow stripe would work much better.

I'm in the camp that a yellow primary for the Rams is overrated.  An alt every now and then is fine, provided the pants aren't also yellow.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish there was a way to work it so it was leaping through the sun.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, hawk36 said:

They tried the green over navy and it didn't work. Fans hated it. 

Chicago+Bears+v+Seattle+Seahawks+zH27P8L

The issue with this is that the helmet and pants/shoulder caps are different shades of blue, and that wouldn’t be the case with the current setup. The blue numbers on the current set would help, too. 

On 5/25/2019 at 2:28 PM, hawk36 said:

The sunlight in that game didn't do those jerseys any favors and made them look pukey. Also the slate blue helmets threw off the color balance too.

I haven't seen this posted—my apologies if I overlooked it. From Uni Watch's May 23, 2019, edition of The Ticker.

Nice observation by Derek Reese, who notes that the logo being used on the Dolphins’ white throwback uniforms isn’t using a true throwback, but rather a hybrid of logos from different eras.

spacer.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

21 hours ago, JQK said:

Dolphins%20UniCOncept_Helm_zpsa7ioorht.png

Both these dolphins look incredibly unsafe.  We don't let our kids ride bikes without helmets, how can we let these poor animals just leap across the sun with their skulls so exposed and vulnerable?  It's a damn crime, is what it is... put a helmet on that lovable mammal, you uncaring bastards. 

I’m not sure how I feel about that mock-up of the new dolphin jumping like the old one. It looks very unnatural. I don’t think the current version of the logo is that great, but the dolphin definitely needs to be updated to a more natural jump that best reflects the old dolphin...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 5/24/2019 at 6:41 AM, AstroBull21 said:

Throwback for Seahawks is out of the question...no silver helmet.

A fauxback could be as close as they get with the current breakdown.

Seahawks would have to do it like the broncos did. 

On 5/25/2019 at 1:28 PM, hawk36 said:

I remember that game. I was awaiting manifest at McChord that day. All the other guys around were split down the middle 50/50 on whether they were great or should be burned with fire. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived