NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

22 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

It would appear that the shoulder number rule doesn't apply to color rush jerseys either.

spacer.png

Why this uniform needs a logo instead of numbers on the sleeve, I'll never know. 

I'm more appalled by the shoulder stripe and pant stripe not matching. How is that ok?  

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The throwbacks look better than their regular uniforms, because obviously, but I don't love the idea of going back to a throwback full-time without correcting some of the period-specific eccentricities. Those things work in a throwback game because it's accurate, but for your every game uniform take the opportunity to clean those things up. 

All I'd change is:

1. match the pants stripe to the helmet stripe. It's a better presentation of the colors together and it lets the pants and helmet harmonize. 

2. a normal stroke on the numbers. 

3. cleaned up version of the old logo, which they kind of already did in the late 90's, but do that without using blue. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

8 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

This has probably been discussed, but I'm not a fan of the orange on the TV numbers not being cut around the numbers, but instead being a solid sea of orange.  While historically correct, it's doesn't look good.

i believe what makes a good throwback is some sort of quirky element. but i think this was also a practical thing in 66 though im not 100% sure of the reason they were done that way.

43 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

The throwbacks look better than their regular uniforms, because obviously, but I don't love the idea of going back to a throwback full-time without correcting some of the period-specific eccentricities. Those things work in a throwback game because it's accurate, but for your every game uniform take the opportunity to clean those things up. 

All I'd change is:

1. match the pants stripe to the helmet stripe. It's a better presentation of the colors together and it lets the pants and helmet harmonize. 

2. a normal stroke on the numbers. 

3. cleaned up version of the old logo, which they kind of already did in the late 90's, but do that without using blue. 

1. the helmet stripe is so wide and the jersey stripe so large, and there are stripes on the socks, i think this would make the uniform worse. not everything needs a stripe, especially a large one on an area that doesnt need attention called to it. i think they got it right in 66

2. i like them as they are

3. yes, the 66 logo absolutley does not work as a logo. its awful. but to go back and correct things or mix eras, i dont think is a good strategy. id rather see them do a whole new uniform and keep the 66 elements holy. 

@406Cane @AstroBull21 yes they will wear the Aqua jerseys twice and the White ones once

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

32 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i believe what makes a good throwback is some sort of quirky element. but i think this was also a practical thing in 66 though im not 100% sure of the reason they were done that way.

1. the helmet stripe is so wide and the jersey stripe so large, and there are stripes on the socks, i think this would make the uniform worse. not everything needs a stripe, especially a large one on an area that doesnt need attention called to it. i think they got it right in 66

2. i like them as they are

3. yes, the 66 logo absolutley does not work as a logo. its awful. but to go back and correct things or mix eras, i dont think is a good strategy. id rather see them do a whole new uniform and keep the 66 elements holy. 

@406Cane @AstroBull21 yes they will wear the Aqua jerseys twice and the White ones once

1. "Not everything needs a stripe" but the pants already have a stripe. I'd argue the exact opposite - my eye is more drawn to the pants specifically because they don't match anything. If you match the helmet to the pants, then the sleeves match the socks and each element has a partner to help balance the whole look, and you don't have one weird element that sticks out. What I'm advocating for here isn't odd in football - There's dozens of teams whose pants stripes match their helmet stripes and they almost universally look better than teams who buck this principle.  

2. Personal preference. Having enormous outlines that fill in the digits looks bad to me, even if it's period accurate, which as stated, I'm trying to correct some of those holdovers from a by-gone era if this is to become the every game look.

3. I don't think I'd like to mix eras. I suppose I'm suggesting taking the logo from 66 and give it a clean up so it's not as messy for print, social media scaling, and embroidery applications etc, but maintains it essence while also not being a complete cartoon like the late 90's logo. And then we can forget the cruise ship logo ever happened. 

essentially the 95 uniforms, but use the more saturated aqua, lose the aqua pants, lose the logo on the sleeves in favor of the big stripes, and stripe the socks. I'm either/or on a gray/teal facemask so long as it isn't white. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

1. "Not everything needs a stripe" but the pants already have a stripe. I'd argue the exact opposite - my eye is more drawn to the pants specifically because they don't match anything. If you match the helmet to the pants, then the sleeves match the socks and each element has a partner to help balance the whole look, and you don't have one weird element that sticks out. What I'm advocating for here isn't odd in football - There's dozens of teams whose pants stripes match their helmet stripes and they almost universally look better than teams who buck this principle.  

2. Personal preference. Having enormous outlines that fill in the digits looks bad to me, even if it's period accurate, which as stated, I'm trying to correct some of those holdovers from a by-gone era if this is to become the every game look.

3. I don't think I'd like to mix eras. I suppose I'm suggesting taking the logo from 66 and give it a clean up so it's not as messy for print, social media scaling, and embroidery applications etc, but maintains it essence while also not being a complete cartoon like the late 90's logo. And then we can forget the cruise ship logo ever happened. 

essentially the 95 uniforms, but use the more saturated aqua, lose the aqua pants, lose the logo on the sleeves in favor of the big stripes, and stripe the socks. I'm either/or on a gray/teal facemask so long as it isn't white. 

1. yea, i just think it makes it worse really. you're adding color and (larger) shape into the uniform, trying to fill every space. i just see it the opposite way— i think stripes will draw your attention most of the time. i think a lot of the teams that do this dont justify the aesthetic; id like for them to push more towards the Dolphins route and subdue their pants stripe (i liked the Browns plain brown pants because that uni is built on stripes much the same way. i like the resting point). agree to disagree here

3. its a tough route— one we explored in a variety of ways. ultimately, i think its best to keep things as they were in 66 or really push to something new. i dont think the middle ground is a good place to be.

4. for a new uniform, im against all that, LOL. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

53 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

The first aqua pants prior to the addition of blue were okay. Though I always think of this regarding them.

spacer.png

The aqua pants always looked great in Buffalo and New England especially for snow games. . Probably due to dichotomy of locations. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

51 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

The first aqua pants prior to the addition of blue were okay. Though I always think of this regarding them.

spacer.png

Those were the least offensive for sure.  They’ve gotten progressively worse with each iteration.  The current aqua pants are  like a practical joke. 

1 hour ago, AgentColon2 said:

spacer.png

i really like white-over-aqua for those winter road games, but that pants stripe is an absolute unit! its so... not elegant. especially compared to the jersey stripes, the socks, the numbers. no way should a pants stripe be that wide

GRAPHIC ARTIST

23 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i really like white-over-aqua for those winter road games, but that pants stripe is an absolute unit! its so... not elegant. especially compared to the jersey stripes, the socks, the numbers. no way should a pants stripe be that wide

Want a wide pant stripe?  Behold 

91OElZyEDuL._SX425_.jpg

30 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

Want a wide pant stripe?  Behold 

91OElZyEDuL._SX425_.jpg

I'll see that wide stripe and raise you.

959b829e8f31eaed2b7f10d803b9f8e9.jpgspacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived