NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chicago Bears Throw Back to 1936 for New Uniform

June 8, 2019 - 12:21 PM

The Chicago Bears made things official late last night when they unveiled their new 1936-style throwback uniforms at the opening of the Bears100 Celebration Weekend in Rosemont, Ill. The uniform replaces the 1940s throwback they’d been wearing the last few […]

Read More...

why is he wearing shorts?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

While I'd like a little white in the socks, i'm kinda digging' these.  I'd add a small red wishbone "C" logo to the sides of the helmet.  It would look good with those stripes.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

1 hour ago, MattMill said:

So does this confirm that the bears won't have a double 100 season logo on their v-neck? If so, that's a great thing. No redundancy. 

A upper chest 100 is awesome. 

That is correct.  They have their own version of the 100 on the chest, and the regular NFL shield at the throat.  

42 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Which stripes? The orange or the blue?

Excuse me, I meant orange not red. 

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Purty.

The navy facemask is a nice choice, considering the helmet that actually went with this uniform had no facemask.  It always bugs me when a team switches to a gray mask for a throwback uniform, even when the original had no mask at all (the Packers do this IIRC).  I guess the the thought is that older helmets all had gray masks, so a fauxback to a leather helmet will somehow look more authentic with a gray mask, but in my mind that perpetuates the faulty logic that gray masks are outdated, instead of just a handsome design choice.

Needs stripes.B)

Seriously though, when I first saw the leaked pic of the jersey, I was worried that there might be a few too many stripes. Having seen the full uniform, I have to say I really like it. Love the jersey and I'm digging the helmet stripes. My only minor nitpick is the socks. The striped socks wouldn't have been my first choice, but that's what the team wore back then and they work with the overall look. Not to mention, the '36 throwback is a major upgrade over the Bears boring generic high school uniforms from the 50's alternates. Can't wait to see this new set in action. 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived