NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

The only redeeming quality of the Browns' Color Rush is the fact it's not their standard set. I'm worried the 2020 redesign will be based on the CR, and not the previous uniforms.

Well, considering the CR set is also based on the previous uniforms, I think that would be pretty hard to do.

ExJworW.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Well, considering the CR set is also based on the previous uniforms, I think that would be pretty hard to do.

I mean with color distribution and a lack of white. The CR is fugly, which is better than the travesty that is the standard uniform.

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

I mean with color distribution and a lack of white. The CR is fugly, which is better than the travesty that is the standard uniform.

my hunch is they will move closer to the previous set of uniforms. one of the biggest complaints from the coaching staff is they couldnt read the orange numbers on the brown jersey. i think (or, hope) we will see a better balance of color and shape the next go around. and hopefully be done with all this "passion of Cleveland" nonsense

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The silver pants are the only ones the Panthers need ... Every other choice is amateur hour 

I don't mind the all black, WITH BLUE SOCKS ONLY, once or twice per year, but since they can't be trusted, yeah, silver is all they need.

I never liked how the all white looked with silver helmets.

6 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

The only redeeming quality of the Browns' Color Rush is the fact it's not their standard set. I'm worried the 2020 redesign will be based on the CR, and not the previous uniforms.

4 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

4 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Would this help?

5FGjgwq.png

13 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I believe it was somewhere in this thread, but wasn’t it shown that the new Dolphins throwback uniforms a combination of eras? Thus making it a fauxback?

well, its a replica but... some elements have to move to fit onto the modern jersey template. in '66, the TV numbers were on the sleeve and the stripes near the player's elbow. on the modern cut, the TV numbers are on the shoulders and stripes on the sleeve material that are still there. its a throwback, but you do what you can with what you have

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

On 6/13/2019 at 3:58 AM, DNAsports said:

I believe it was somewhere in this thread, but wasn’t it shown that the new Dolphins throwback uniforms a combination of eras? Thus making it a fauxback?

If you talking about the helmet logo.. looked like a mix of eras just because it was poorly photoshopped in the first image they posted. They did the annual photos and the "throwback helmet" is always the same , '66 logo (no mix of eras to be seen)

18 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I have a good uniform idea for the Cleveland Browns. It's a little rough but it works.

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffactoryofsadness

Please like my concept. Thank you.

Make the facemask either brown or white 😉

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

19 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I have a good uniform idea for the Cleveland Browns. It's a little rough but it works.

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffactoryofsadness

Please like my concept. Thank you.

With a few tweaks. White facemask, orange cursive wordmark above numbers, orange pants and striped socks.

2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

With a few tweaks. White facemask, orange cursive wordmark above numbers, orange pants and striped socks.

Hmmm... If only a team actually wore something like that and didn’t make very unnecessary changes...

spacer.png

da0Lbhs.png

12 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Hmmm... If only a team actually wore something like that and didn’t make very unnecessary changes...

spacer.png

That might be the most perfect uniform in football history, yet I wouldn’t want it to be the Browns' primary look for their white jerseys. 

Does that make sense?

On 6/12/2019 at 5:49 PM, BrandMooreArt said:

my hunch is they will move closer to the previous set of uniforms. one of the biggest complaints from the coaching staff is they couldnt read the orange numbers on the brown jersey. i think (or, hope) we will see a better balance of color and shape the next go around. and hopefully be done with all this "passion of Cleveland" nonsense

I mean they really had no idea that the orange numbers wouldn't work on a brown jersey so you can't fault the team too much.

7 hours ago, guest23 said:

I mean they really had no idea that the orange numbers wouldn't work on a brown jersey so you can't fault the team too much.

Actually, they did know that orange numbers wouldn't work on the brown jersey as they had that look in the preseason games of 1984. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

13 hours ago, Chawls said:

Make the facemask either brown or white 😉

I'll be honest when their current uniforms came out I hated the idea of them having a brown facemask. But it has truly grown on me and it is probably the only thing from the current set I wouldn't mind keeping. I really wouldn't be mad if they went brown, gray or white. And I am a proud member of the gray facemask club.

Face masks shouldn’t be white, brown, yellow, and I’m sure there’s other colors I don’t think look good. 

In cases where white white would be the choice, I’d go with gray, even though I’m anti faux-traditionalism if a team hasn’t worn gray forever. 

Browns looked best with gray masks, and I wish they’d be able to work a little gray into a uniform set similar to their last one. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I feel like I'm trapped in a time loop whenever the Browns are brought up here...

white facemask vs. grey facemask

bulldog vs. football B vs. elf vs. helmet logo

orange pants vs. no orange pants

I could go on, but most people like the old uniform and that opinion likely wont change anytime soon on here. That said, there is almost no chance that they adopt that uniform exactly as it was. I'm betting on a streamlined set based on the color rush that mirrors the sort of minimalism that college football is infatuated with right now

spacer.png

Archived