NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

On 6/12/2019 at 11:51 PM, Ashes of Astroworld said:

Would this help?

5FGjgwq.png

This would be a solid modernization, but I'd make the pants stripes match the helmet stripes as well. Just go all in on that imagery because the striping is iconic in Cleveland, hasn't changed for decades, and is prominent in their branding and design at the stadium/in Berea.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

That might be the most perfect uniform in football history, yet I wouldn’t want it to be the Browns' primary look for their white jerseys. 

Does that make sense?

Care to explain why? I really don’t get what you mean...

da0Lbhs.png

56 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

Care to explain why? I really don’t get what you mean...

spacer.png

While I think this is a beautiful uniform and would make a fine alternate, the Browns should be a traditional-looking team and it's not their quintessential look.

The orange pants should be alternates and white should be the primary.

Disagree. In fact I feel the exact opposite - orange at home and away with white as an alt, and/or brown (but not solid brown). 

IMO gray should be a pants option - maybe even primary - but that’s outside the scope of this discussion. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

36 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

spacer.png

While I think this is a beautiful uniform and would make a fine alternate, the Browns should be a traditional-looking team and it's not their quintessential look.

The orange pants should be alternates and white should be the primary.

Perfect. 

4 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Great minds:

Add in white pants with the stripe to match that on the white jersey and I'd say it's about perfect. Can't think of anything else I'd do. 

As odd as it seems, to me this stripe pattern is the most spot on Browns logo/identity. Embrace it. 

Browns-Stripe.jpg

On 6/14/2019 at 12:26 PM, AndrewMLind said:

Great minds:

I hope they don’t go too simple though. Something like the pic below wouldn’t surprise me. 

spacer.png

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

3 hours ago, Chawls said:

I hope they don’t go too simple though. Something like the pic below wouldn’t surprise me. 

spacer.png

Stripes need to exist on every piece of Cleveland Browns uniform apparel.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 6/14/2019 at 6:06 PM, hawk36 said:

Add in white pants with the stripe to match that on the white jersey and I'd say it's about perfect. Can't think of anything else I'd do. 

As odd as it seems, to me this stripe pattern is the most spot on Browns logo/identity. Embrace it. 

Browns-Stripe.jpg

Having the Browns copy/paste the Florida Gators' striping pattern (and just changing brown to blue) across the jersey and pants seems kinda meh to me. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

30 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Having the Browns copy/paste the Florida Gators' striping pattern (and just changing brown to blue) across the jersey and pants seems kinda meh to me. 

Close but the difference is the Browns would have:

- No script name on the helmet

- No outlined numerals

Because of that I'd say it goes from an ok uniform to an iconic update of the Browns traditional uniforms. 

Florida_Jordan_Unis.0.jpg

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

The striping would still look like a Florida copy/paste job though. 

I guarantee it’s the gators copying the browns and not the browns copying the gators. Besides, there’s only so many stripe designs you can do, eventually there will be some crossover

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

13 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

I guarantee it’s the gators copying the browns and not the browns copying the gators. Besides, there’s only so many stripe designs you can do, eventually there will be some crossover

Not in that concept it's not.

Throughout history, the Gators have never copied any of the Browns' jersey/pants striping patterns.

Stripe consistency fails every now and then because it looks so forced. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Browns have traditional, no frills uniforms.

Browns decide to shake things up, change the paradigm, and get edgy, in your face, and get bu-sy and proactive! History is boring, nerds!

Browns announce that they're going to unveil a new uniform set that's more traditional and without any frills as soon as they're allowed to change.

That's the most Browns'iest thing the Browns could have ever done with their uniforms. That they actually did the same thing in 1984 is just the icing on the cake.

Archived