NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

Not a big fan. They all look like pistons logos. I would prefer if there was the main logo in the middle. So then from years to come if a team changes logo people can look back and see “wow! _____ was drafted when the _____ had that logo!” 

Maybe the fact that half of them were drafted by the wrong team will be obscured by the barely decipherable hats.

These are probably the worst draft hats ever.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Yeah. Let's cut every second. No zoomes out screenshots? Attention span of the average new fan has to be mere seconds. 

Ridiculous reveal. 

I fear the red ROCKETS set will be worn at home.mlre often than the Houston vintage set. 

Wordmark on ROCKETs sets look bunched up and very basic. 

Only a fan of one. 

That’s a minor upgrade for the Rockets. Sort of what I’ve been hoping for the past few years, but... the wordmarks really need black trim, that silver doesn’t work and just makes it look ugly-bloated. And the side panel situation is unfortunate.

bring back the gray with the cool rocket checker trim!

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Each ROCKETS  wordmark has an outline. Sort of wish they would've done the numbers too. 

Total downgrade now that I think about it

Silver outline with no other silver elements? Total college move. 

I already miss the unique side paneling. They went straight solid rectangle?

Super inventive stuff here lol. 

The only thing that makes me like them is how the stripes stretch outwards down the shorts. The word mark is much better now. And I’m glad a team finally did a simple solid colored stripe on the side. Also what really bothers me are those tiny lines in the arm holes. Too reminiscent of the trailblazers red jerseys. And it really kills my ocd how the neck is a different style of the arms if that makes any sense

IMG-7122.gif

side panels and shorts are so basic and boring. why did they ditch the gemini rocket motif and the dark red trim?? there's so much room to do something cool and unique, and the rockets come out with a basic and uninspiring design. its sad how much better concepts you find on the internet are. they didn't change the number font either?? still using the one they stole from the pacers. it doesn't match the ROCKETS wordmark

it drives me crazy how fan requests fall on deaf ears. EVERYONE wants the return of some mustard, and the rockets put a black side panel on the red uniform? we look too much like portland and toronto. the throwback is fun, but its one season, and its not permanent. /rant

Pretty disappointing IMO. Doesn’t need the black, doesn’t need the silver. The template is boring too. The previous shorts design was unique and had some personality. I thought all they need to do was replace the grey on the red uniforms with white and get rid of the armhole trim and they would have some sharp uniforms. The new logo sucks too. The whole redesign feels pretty half-baked.

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

BORING

Lol the audio in that video is overwhelmingly more awesome than the jerseys. 

I don't mind the new wordmarks. The numbers are bleh. The trim is bleh. 

Might have to pick up a throwback...though M&N versions are obviously available. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This is a lateral move to me. They aren't great improvements but they aren't terrible additions. It's very middle of the road (save for the black on the red jersey) and a fairly conservative move.

7 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

It is crazy how their whole identity arguably came from a crappy adidas alternate.

spacer.png

I seem to remember that the Rockets actually announced that it would be the inspiration for a new uniform in the future when they unveiled it.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived