NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

The New Orleans Hornets probably had the most underrated set of all time. Keeping the Hornets brand fresh by adding the New Orleans flavor and it worked.

The old Charlotte Hornets logo is still my favorite NBA logo of all time. I would love  it if they brought that back. That concept art would be great in action. 

XM4KeeA.png

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, insert name said:

The New Orleans Hornets probably had the most underrated set of all time. Keeping the Hornets brand fresh by adding the New Orleans flavor and it worked.

The old Charlotte Hornets logo is still my favorite NBA logo of all time. I would love  it if they brought that back. That concept art would be great in action. 

Yeah, I love how well Hugo and the pinstripes were updated in NOLA, I just hate that it wasn't in the right city. MJ needs to look to the old Hornets to see how things should be done, and stop pretending like he's a good owner.

the user formerly known as cdclt

7 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I don't understand the NBA branding rules, and it's annoying because they allow Houston to be a morass of bad ideas instead of just being what the people want them to be.

I don't think that's the NBA's fault, it's the Houston Rockets fault.

I think people are forgetting that with the NBA, NFL and soon MLB, most teams decide what they look like and it's not just a one sided Nike or League idea. The teams decide what they put on the court or field so if anyone is to blame it's the team and only the team. Any team can take a suggestion and say "Nah, this isn't good" but some teams don't and so here we are.

bSLCtu2.png

20 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

In a perfect world, the NBA logo would be on the front of the jersey, there wouldn't be any ad patches, and all teams would get their choice of apparel provider.

In a not-so-perfect world, the NBA logo would be on the front of the jersey opposite the Nike swoosh and all ad patches would be relegated to the back.

Also acceptable in my world. 

Front of the jersey has the swoosh and the NBA logo, and team logo (or nothing) on back. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

21 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

In a perfect world, the NBA logo would be on the front of the jersey, there wouldn't be any ad patches, and all teams would get their choice of apparel provider.

In a not-so-perfect world, the NBA logo would be on the front of the jersey opposite the Nike swoosh and all ad patches would be relegated to the back.

Ads would never go on the back of jerseys mainly because companies wouldn’t pay for a logo that’s not seen 90% of the time, and certainly not when that player is the focus. 

1 hour ago, ror1997 said:

Nets going Gray with their statement jersey. 

Are we really, really, really sure about that considering the leak we saw a couple weeks ago? I guess we'll just have to wait until noon.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

21 minutes ago, kimball said:

Are we really, really, really sure about that considering the leak we saw a couple weeks ago? I guess we'll just have to wait until noon.

i don’t know, the end clearly shows a gray jersey with black piping. i like the jersey i hate the wordmark. 

Better than the leak. I like the side panels a lot. I like the color scheme. The number could use a black outline. Would still like a jersey that says NETS. Not bad for a 1 year alternate though. 

Also I have noticed that the Nets are using that B ball logo everywhere now. They are using that more than the Nets shield.

On 10/1/2019 at 4:46 PM, daniel75 said:

Is there any u.s. sports league that changes their team uniforms more than the NBA? 

I kind of love it though. Every year there's something to look forward to. Doesn't work for every sport, but for this and EPL I find it endearing

Brooklyn Nets Unveil New BKLYN Statement Uniform

October 3, 2019 - 16:26 PM

“Brooklyn isn’t just a place. It’s an identity.” The Brooklyn Nets unveiled their new Statement Edition uniforms this afternoon on Twitter, showing an almost graffiti-like abbreviated team name across the chest of a silver jersey. Designed in collaboration with Brooklyn-based […]

Read More...

17 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

Better than the leak. I like the side panels a lot. I like the color scheme. The number could use a black outline. Would still like a jersey that says NETS. Not bad for a 1 year alternate though. 

Also I have noticed that the Nets are using that B ball logo everywhere now. They are using that more than the Nets shield.

I agree with you 100%. It's soooo obvious why did they not do it..its head scratching!

@kimball YEAH! Definitely better than the leak! Side panels and shoans are A1!! Overall excellent job by Nets! Suns, Magic organization should take notes.

shado_logo.gif

45 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

I kind of love it though. Every year there's something to look forward to. Doesn't work for every sport, but for this and EPL I find it endearing

The problem is with everyone making changes yearly or almost yearly, it won't take long for good ideas to run out, and all you will see is crap.

Archived