NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

5 minutes ago, MattMill said:

It happened again. Neutral court. Red vs black

spacer.png

From a distance or watching from a bar, it’s taking way too long to figure how who is who. 

Red vs black and black vs white will be the most common matchups again this year. Sad times. 

I had the same issue last year when watching the Wizards vs the Pistons (or something like that) when both teams were in colored uniforms.

There's a reason we had white vs a colored uniform for centuries. Visibility really does matter.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Funny you mention the Lakers, since they stupidly wore gold against Golden State (in white) on Saturday:

Lakers-Warriors-Basketball-1.jpg?w=1400p

Each team is wearing its best uniform, but that doesn't change that the Lakers really shouldn't be in yellow on the road.

Maybe it makes them feel at home? I remember Clipps wore the blue alt in OKC for a playoff series and all the OKC fan shirts were the same color lol.

3 hours ago, bcon_731 said:

Lebron is on a mission to ruin another team. First was wearing yellow on the road, before that it was going from gold to bananas in pajamas yellow 

You really think this is Lebron’s fault. It’s been noted that Nike and the NBA create the uniform schedule for teams.

54 minutes ago, Teal said:

Anyone curious about the Wolves City set for this season?

I originally guessed it would be another Wolf Gray to honor the Minnesota Winters like the 2017-18 set. Then I guessed it would be Royal Blue to honor the 30th Anniversary of being in Minneapolis. Could it be Red to honor Prince "Little Red Corvette".

Also anyone know why the Memphis Grizzlies won't be wearing a City edition this year? Are they resisting NIKE and Silver? Looked on Lockervision and there is no "City" edition for the club.

2 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Then I guessed it would be Royal Blue to honor the 30th Anniversary of being in Minneapolis. Could it be Red to honor Prince "Little Red Corvette".

Ugh, I’m so tired of Minnesota being known for simply being where Prince was born.  Maybe they could do Mall of America themed jerseys while we’re at it.

Blazers are wearing throwbacks while playing in the Memorial Coliseum right now on ESPN. Pretty cool, brings me nostalgia of seeing old NBA highlights as a kid. The Memorial Coliseum is a cooler looking building than the Moda Center.

Also, Terry Stotts went all out.

EGZ0xgsVUAA9EJr?format=jpg&name=4096x409

bSLCtu2.png

53 minutes ago, ThunderCeltic said:

So any Memphis fans on here care to explain why the Grizzlies won't be getting a City uniform??

The grizzlies originally planned to have their city uniforms smothered in bbq sauce this year but the league said no sadly.

48 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Blazers are wearing throwbacks while playing in the Memorial Coliseum right now on ESPN. Pretty cool, brings me nostalgia of seeing old NBA highlights as a kid. The Memorial Coliseum is a cooler looking building than the Moda Center.

It's weird that they're in a different building, but the court still says Moda Center.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

29 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

It is pretty weird. I thought they would just leave that part blank or cover it with some kinda logo.

Easier to just leave it than try to cover it with some sort of floor decal or blank wood panel since they’re only playing in the VMC for one game (they also had their Fan Fest there this last Sunday, but still). 

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

Not the first time he’s worn retro-inspired garb, and certainly won’t be the last.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I was actually at the VMC tonight to see the Blazers’ preseason opener, and boy was it a surreal scene. I’m too young to have seen the Blazers play there before the Rose Garden (Moda Center) opened, and I wasn’t able to attend the preseason game at the VMC ten years ago, so this really was a once in a lifetime (or at least couple be depending on if they ever play there again) experience for me. Everything was perfect, from the throwback-inspired 50th anniversary court, to the gorgeous ‘77 throwbacks, to the entire coaching staff wearing retro-inspired outfits, to the incredible atmosphere inside the arena, etc. I’ll post some more photos tomorrow (some that I took, some that I found online), but it was a great night to be a Blazers fan and reminisce on the great history of the Blazers franchise.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived