NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

They still have the Hickory unis (this year it’s back to the white version they wore two years ago). The Hickory unis are considered a Classic Edition, meaning they can have those and a City Edition. It’s the same as the last two seasons, when the Pacers had the Hickory set but also a separate City Uniform.

Ah, thanks. For some reason I was under the impression Hickory was the City jersey.

Ok, here is my another rant on classic jerseys. This is NOB for Cavs. Nike made it using correct font, which is City BQ. My question is, if they can put proper font on Cavs, why the hell they can't use Rockwell Condensed for Hornets? How hard is that?! C'mon!

3_733.jpg

4r2eer.png

WTH is that Magic jersey lmaooo. We have to deal with Nike doing this ridiculousness for the next x amount of years.. a lot of these jerseys can be executed sooooo much better, 20 of the 30 of them seem like something you’d find at a Swap Meet. We have people all over the world who make concepts greater than the stuff we’re seeing. Is there a site that shows what the league is making from merchandise on the City uniforms..??

What makes it worse is that we have to see them 30x a year

They'd be so much better if they just said Orlando across the front. 

It's clear there's absolutely no reason for dark gray other than it's a modern Nike color. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, mzuern said:

I happened to stop at the Bucks pro shop today and asked about the release date of the city uniforms and the manager was very tight lipped.  She did however day they are "amazing".  Looking forward to seeing them

Can confirm.

As for the Magic unis...yeesh. Why "ORL"? Do people say that down there? Or use it as shorthand often? This one is conceptually reaching quite a bit. 

Also what's with the ORL typeface? I guess I can almost get "here's an Orlando uniform but it's orange because Florida oranges", stupid but sure. But why do they have to nuke the entire brand and try something wholly different, disconnected from the team except for the number font (if you're lucky)?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I know there are diehards who will buy every jersey a team puts out, but are there really that many of them? Enough to make all of this worthwhile?

I like the general idea of the Nike City program, but it's exhausting. As stale as some MLS looks can get, a two-year requirement to let them soak is more positive than negative. Nike and the NBA could stand to cool their jets a bit.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

I know there are diehards who will buy every jersey a team puts out, but are there really that many of them? Enough to make all of this worthwhile?

I like the general idea of the Nike City program, but it's exhausting. As stale as some MLS looks can get, a two-year requirement to let them soak is more positive than negative. Nike and the NBA could stand to cool their jets a bit.

Thats why I’m appreciating the Jazz’s approach of changing NOTHING the last three years outside the classic jerseys.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Green version of last year's earned jersey? I feel like this would be in the ballpark of amazing...

I wish but it's not green unfortunately because they're debuting their City kit against Charlotte on November 30 and Charlotte will be in their Teal Icon.

Pacers are going with a White version of the 2017-18 set honoring Nascar it looks like.

Orlando's is mehhhhh. Would have been better if they were Orange but they're honoring the Central Florida Orange groves.

They’re exactly what I imagined. Boring. Black. No details. If they’re gonna market based off of oranges then why is it so centered around the color black? It just looks like Halloween jerseys. Nothing about it feels Orlando to me. They could made an orange jersey with a design of palm trees somewhere and maybe a parquet design on the sides similar to what the Celtics did in 2017

IMG-7122.gif

Archived