NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

Milwaukee vs the Processors looked ok, the other games all looked like trash. This LA game is hard to watch

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, upperV03 said:
Spoiler

Here are the Christmas Day matchups:

Raptors/Celtics:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Sixers/Bucks:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Warriors/Rockets:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Lakers/Clippers:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Nuggets/Pelicans:

spacer.pngspacer.png

In addition, all of these teams (except the Lakers and Pelicans, who didn’t make the playoffs last year) are supposed to be wearing their Earned Edition warmups today. 

Those Earned warmups are for City uniforms as far as i know, as Milwaukee didnt wear theirs today being that they wore their Statement uniforms.  So why there arent Earned jerseys or these arent just City edition warmups seems dumb.

But that brings up another point..  Today was supposed to be the debut for those warmups but 2 teams dont have them and 1 team didnt even wear them because theyre City edition specific.  The matchups shouldve been Philly vs Boston and Toronto vs Milwaukee, but Nike and the NBA keep dropping the ball.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

10 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I think if less attentive and more casual fans are watching you should atleast wear team colors, not black, or any other colors that aren’t recognized within your brand

True. But I mean the only example of this are the nuggets warriors and raptors. Warriors have already made their black jerseys a championship tier icon. Raptors and ovo are hugely known together especially with drake which I’m sure plenty of casual fans have recognized. Only “weird” one here are the nuggets which do feel out of place. But everyone else wore their team’s colors (counting Celtics gold from their logo). 

IMG-7122.gif

I know I’ve been sounding like a suck up but for this LA match i think it actually looked really nice. It actually made sense. The clipper wore their street style jerseys versus the lakers Hollywood Star jerseys. Hollywood vs Compton is what I’ve heard people say. Sounds kinda messed up but at least it makes somewhat sense. Only problem is white as the away team... if they do this again next year I’m hoping the clippers wear a black version or get home court

IMG-7122.gif

9 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

True. But I mean the only example of this are the nuggets warriors and raptors. Warriors have already made their black jerseys a championship tier icon. Raptors and ovo are hugely known together especially with drake which I’m sure plenty of casual fans have recognized. Only “weird” one here are the nuggets which do feel out of place. But everyone else wore their team’s colors (counting Celtics gold from their logo). 

The warriors are known for bright blue and yellow, black is not a statement. Raptors are known for red purple and black, not gold, I don’t care how much drake matters. I don’t think there should be any forgiving or adjusting to Nike ridiculousness, it’s ruining NBA’s professionality and aesthetic.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

9 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

I know I’ve been sounding like a suck up but for this LA match i think it actually looked really nice. It actually made sense. The clipper wore their street style jerseys versus the lakers Hollywood Star jerseys. Hollywood vs Compton is what I’ve heard people say. Sounds kinda messed up but at least it makes somewhat sense. Only problem is white as the away team... if they do this again next year I’m hoping the clippers wear a black version or get home court

LOL What?  It "made sense"?  Hollywood vs Compton... for two teams that play in downtown LA?  The Lakers wearing uniforms a full shade of yellow lighter than their already too-light shade... with a wordmark illegible from any reasonable distance?  The Clippers wearing uniforms that have nothing at all to do with their overall identity or brand - on the biggest stage of the regular season?

You're playing in front of the largest audience you're likely to see until playoffs... if you even make it there.  Wear your best look - or at least one that an average person can use to figure out who you are.  At least with SIxers vs Bucks, while neither team was in their best uniform, the Sixers was still in their colors and said "Philadelphia" on it, while the Bucks literally had a buck on it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

LOL What?  It "made sense"?  Hollywood vs Compton... for two teams that play in downtown LA?  The Lakers wearing uniforms a full shade of yellow lighter than their already too-light shade... with a wordmark illegible from any reasonable distance?  The Clippers wearing uniforms that have nothing at all to do with their overall identity or brand - on the biggest stage of the regular season?

You're playing in front of the largest audience you're likely to see until playoffs... if you even make it there.  Wear your best look - or at least one that an average person can use to figure out who you are.  At least with SIxers vs Bucks, while neither team was in their best uniform, the Sixers was still in their colors and said "Philadelphia" on it, while the Bucks literally had a buck on it.

How exactly do the clippers jerseys not make sense? They’ve changed their court and marketing scheme to fit exactly those jerseys and have been pushing it ever since this offseason. They’ve been emphasizing on that black and white and using this big stage is exactly the opportunity they needed to show the world they’ve changed. It’s not like they weren’t wearing any unfamiliar colors. They’ve always had black white red and blue. As for the lakers anyone could have recognized them as the home team. Make the side panels purple and change the drop shadow in the front and those jerseys look almost just like how they used to in the past. With the obvious difference in shade like you pointed out.

IMG-7122.gif

3 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

How exactly do the clippers jerseys not make sense? They’ve changed their court and marketing scheme to fit exactly those jerseys and have been pushing it ever since this offseason. They’ve clearly been emphasizing on that black and white and using this big stage is exactly the opportunity they needed to show the world they’ve changed. It’s not like they weren’t wearing any unfamiliar colors. They’ve always had black white red and blue. As for the lakers anyone could have recognized them as the home team. Make the side panels purple and change the drop shadow in the front and those jerseys look almost just like how they used to in the past. With the obvious difference in shade like you pointed out.

How could you point out the home team? Both teams were wearing their home colors. And for the Clippers, they’ve been blue and red for 30 years. This is the first year they’ve emphasized the black and white. And it’s god awful, it’s such a jarring change from the solid brand they’ve had for since their move to LA. I’ll say it again, it’s awful. The clippers are the best they may have ever been but visually they’re brand is the worst it’s ever been. The marketing team deserves to be taken out and shot.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

4 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

How could you point out the home team? Both teams were wearing their home colors. And for the Clippers, they’ve been blue and red for 30 years. This is the first year they’ve emphasized the black and white. And it’s god awful, it’s such a jarring change from the solid brand they’ve had for since their move to LA. I’ll say it again, it’s awful. The clippers are the best they may have ever been but visually they’re brand is the worst it’s ever been. The marketing team deserves to be taken out and shot.

It’s pretty easy to point out the home team when the lakers are wearing matching colors to their court. And yes this is the first time they’ve emphasized on black and white like I said earlier but they’ve had black on their logo for some time now. My apologies for saying “always” as I meant for the last several years which have been an era of its own. Was it a good choice for the clippers to emphasize the black and white and be more “street” like? That’s subjective, I personally support it. But you can’t deny their marketing team has done a good job in pushing it to a point it that it only took a couple months to completely change their identity. 

IMG-7122.gif

3 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

How exactly do the clippers jerseys not make sense? They’ve changed their court and marketing scheme to fit exactly those jerseys and have been pushing it ever since this offseason. They’ve been emphasizing on that black and white and using this big stage is exactly the opportunity they needed to show the world they’ve changed. It’s not like they weren’t wearing any unfamiliar colors. They’ve always had black white red and blue. As for the lakers anyone could have recognized them as the home team. Make the side panels purple and change the drop shadow in the front and those jerseys look almost just like how they used to in the past. With the obvious difference in shade like you pointed out.

You mean the team that’s owned by the biggest dork in all of the NBA has been trying to brand themselves as GTA San Andreas lite? Or NWA? Or compton’s team. No they aren’t. They have a long history while pathetic it’s certainly better and more cohesive brand than what they currently are trying to pass off. 

On 12/23/2019 at 7:43 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Heat city vs Jazz city tonight!

Posting a couple days late but there are a few things I want to say about this particular matchup. First, photos:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And now, a few things to say:

1) We should appreciate (or not) these City uniforms since both uniforms are entering their last year (Year 3 for both teams). Of all the City Uniforms; Miami and Utah represent their city (and State very well). And the ads (although I don't like ads) do fit the uniform colors and are not so obtrusive.

2) Although the court is Miami's Vice court; the seats are actually still red and orange-yellow which fits the Jazz City uniform. I was thinking that it shows that this game is a somewhat "neutral site" with Miami as the home team so they brought their court with them. (Jazz did play in Miami actually!)

- And now a picture of the arena current seating:

spacer.png

This is the last year for the Jazz City jerseys, not sure about the Heat ... I’m sure the vice isn’t going away. They’re just exhausting their options rather quickly. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I'm pretty sure that Heat Pink Vice uniform would be a City in current or next season if we didn't have Earned edition last year. Maybe this is why Earned idea was moving to warmups? One Earned jersey is a One City jersey less and nike is already run out of ideas.

4r2eer.png

On 12/22/2019 at 11:38 AM, Shadojoker said:

For those that didnt grow up in the 80s-90s

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR37S-aOFZOuh9dpKXXeDs

Their old warmup jackets.

631u7mrr77cz.jpg

Drb2sKZVYAEBS8r.jpg

They can go full Miami Heat like the Vice uniforms.

If the collar and arm holes (?) had the same tricolor as the chest, then I’d like this more. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

8 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

How exactly do the clippers jerseys not make sense?

I believe I, and others, made the point months ago that the Clippers have never been Compton's "team," and that any attempt to claim the Lakers/Clippers dynamic has been about "Hollywood vs Compton" is engaging in revisionism. The Clippers were never what they've been trying to present themselves as. 

Archived