NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

The NBA has put out an apparent rendering of what games will look like when the season returns.  It does note that the setup is subject to change so the court you see here is definitely not the real one but this gives you an idea.

venue.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The NBA has put out an apparent rendering of what games will look like when the season returns.  It does note that the setup is subject to change so the court you see here is definitely not the real one but this gives you an idea.

venue.jpg

I love that they're social distancing the players from each other. If they do that on the court I'm sure we'll see some All-Star Game-esque record breaking numbers.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Report: NBA Players Can Include Social Justice Statement on Jerseys

June 28, 2020 - 04:22 AM

When the 2019-20 National Basketball Association season resumes next month, players will have the option to include a statement about social justice on their jerseys. This according to a Tweet made by The Athletic’s Shams Charania late Saturday night. It’s […]

Read More...

13 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

Here before it's locked lol

Same lol because SOMEONE will have a problem with it.

The NBA is giving the players a chance to use their platform because they know many are paying attention...even those that say “they don’t care” about the opinion of an athlete or entertainer.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

I don't have much of a problem with it, I just wish that they always replace the last names with the statements. It'll kind of be like the MLB Player's Weekend I feel like. It's annoying that the timing made it so this will last through the playoffs, I feel like this would be more of a regular season thing. Then again, it's frustrating that this is something that is done in the first place, can't we just treat everyone with respect.

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

38 minutes ago, Ben in LA said:

Same lol because SOMEONE will have a problem with it.

The NBA is giving the players a chance to use their platform because they know many are paying attention...even those that say “they don’t care” about the opinion of an athlete or entertainer.

This is a way to reel in some of the more vocal (and somewhat mercurial) players, like Kyrie Irvin who now has the ability to state his cause while playing basketball. He and others had stated they intended to sit out and focus on activism instead. The NBA still needs name brand players, now more than ever. 

11 hours ago, Captain Tsubasa said:

Could this be a ploy to ease in shirt sponsorships? I'm getting flashbacks of UNICEF on Barça jerseys... 🤔

They already have it on the front. I'd expect them to look like last weekend'd EPL jerseys with the statement in lieu of names. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, pelicanfan said:

Not sure if already addressed but what's the jersey schedule looking like now with the new schedules coming out?

Itll either go traditional home and away or a free for all. Evidently the players are going to be able to alter their names on their jerseys so who knows. 

My beef with Silver is he doesn't consistently consider the best interest of the game. Some will think this is a great idea politically, others will hate it. But he's trying to maintain credibility in a bubble tourney.

Everything that makes it seem like a gimmick is a bad idea.  The Association is trying to crown a champion under incredible circumstances, and this decision carries all the weight of allowing players to wear numbers with fractions

So Enes Kanter has posted a jersey saying “Erdogan Sucks”.

Spencer Dinwiddie has said he’s going to do “Trillion” which along with his number (26) represents the U.S. debt.

And Ja Morant has posted, and then apologized for an image that had his jersey saying f*** , with his number 12, which is a number commonly associated with cops.

Any others?

Excellent!

Archived