NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

Pacers going with white Hickory jerseys...

19NIKMNBPCRSWHTLDIND?wid=1400&fmt=jpg

Is this the forgettable one? Or is there another bad one?

ALL of them have been bad for the last 5 years this has been going on.  HOPEFULLY, this is the last year for it

There's a fine line between timeless simplicity and perfunctory mediocrity, and the Bullets were so far on the wrong side of the line that they had to be reimagined as presidential-seal magicians. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The only way Bullets could have revitalized their brand is if they fell into Blake Griffin, got Chris Paul rerouted their way, dumped them both, and then signed a Finals MVP with a degenerative leg and one of the least clutch SFs all time coming off of two shoulder surgeries.

The Pacers going back to the Hoosiers well once again is so corny. I want to see the return of the pinstripes set with the black socks. Rik Smits looking like Larry Bird's uglier cousin was a special kind of late-90s treat.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I actually kind of like the Hickory sets. I know there's no real tie to the Pacers' history outside of the Indiana connection, but they were nice change-of-pace uniforms. Still, they've been doing the Hickory theme for a handful of seasons already. They should try something else.

On 9/2/2019 at 4:26 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

It's silly how the wordmark is outlined in straight lines.  Look at the top of the "RS" - why is it connected like that?  The whole thing is a mess, and the not-copperplate-but-kinda number font doesn't mix.

It reminds me of lettering forged into a wrought iron gate. I’m not sure if that’s pertinent to anything you would see in Philadelphia, but either way, if the lettering had been simplified to a single outline instead of three, this would have been a pretty great uniform.

Also, the numbers are the same typeface as the lettering. How do they not mix?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

28 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

I actually kind of like the Hickory sets. I know there's no real tie to the Pacers' history outside of the Indiana connection, but they were nice change-of-pace uniforms. Still, they've been doing the Hickory theme for a handful of seasons already. They should try something else.

I'm fairly certain that the Pacers aren't doing the Hickory jerseys ... I can't remember where I read it (maybe a megathread), but I thought last year was the final year.

Still, with that said, I'd much rather see an Indiana Pacers inspired Hickory jersey in blue and gold.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

29 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Still the best threads the Pacers have ever worn:

2928347.jpg.0.jpg

miller-jersey.jpg

reggie-miller-of-the-indiana-pacers-shoo

That's the only other team aside from the Magic (and Hornets) that could make pinstripes work with their identity.

12 minutes ago, kimball said:

I'm fairly certain that the Pacers aren't doing the Hickory jerseys ... I can't remember where I read it (maybe a megathread), but I thought last year was the final year.

Still, with that said, I'd much rather see an Indiana Pacers inspired Hickory jersey in blue and gold.

I can actually get behind something like that if they give the Hickory theme a break for a few seasons.

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

I agree, but mostly because they're associated with winning and because they wore black socks.

The Paul George set was fine, but in a way that was not unique to the Pacers at all; that template could have been used for any team with any logo and any color combo.

636291729091115959-Pacers-RS-42.jpg

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

26 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I agree, but mostly because they're associated with winning and because they wore black socks.

The Paul George set was fine, but in a way that was not unique to the Pacers at all; that template could have been used for any team with any logo and any color combo.

636291729091115959-Pacers-RS-42.jpg

Meh.  That look wasn't horrible, but it was super, super bland.

The pinstripes and black socks were a killer look.  Has nothing to do with winning (although that was a great period of time for the franchise).  Loved the jerseys before I ever loved the team.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 9/3/2019 at 4:44 AM, Old School Fool said:

NBA 2K20 coming through with great things once again. Custom accessory colors and NEW throwbacks, including the Nets tie dye and the gradient Sixers stars.

aLd4URY.jpg

Do we know if users will finally be able to create a City uniform, or if legacy issues (poor color matching, small names, alternate uniforms not showing up, lousy templates) will be fixed?

2 hours ago, CS85 said:

2928347.jpg.0.jpg

miller-jersey.jpg

reggie-miller-of-the-indiana-pacers-shoo

These remind me of pajamas and feel very dated. I rarely like pinstripes in general, but it can work. This doesn't do it for me. Their current primaries (I've not bothered to learn Nike's BS vernacular) are maybe their best ever look. 

I can't dissociate the look from the winning, but on their own, those Pacers uniforms were pretty nice.

Pinstripes in the NBA at that point had only been used on the black Bulls jersey (right?) and they were a pretty logical fit for the Pacers full-time.

They hit at the same time the Pacers became an elite Eastern Conference team, and were boosted by the team's success and Larry Bird's stewardship, both as coach and as GM.

Yeah, they're a little old fashioned, but so too is Indianapolis, right?

14 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Yeah, they're a little old fashioned, but so too is Indianapolis, right?

That's kind of what I like about them. I think Milwaukee has done an amazing job with making their jerseys look modern yet still retain some of those very old-school traditional elements. I'd love to see the Pacers do something like that

3 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Do we know if users will finally be able to create a City uniform, or if legacy issues (poor color matching, small names, alternate uniforms not showing up, lousy templates) will be fixed?

I hope so. Also, will teams wearing created uniforms also have warmups on in game? That bugs me to no end!

Archived