NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Pinstripes in the NBA at that point had only been used on the black Bulls jersey (right?)

Orlando, Charlotte, Houston had pinstripes before the Pacers.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indianapolis doesn't really have that old feel that St. Louis, Milwaukee, and especially Detroit all have. Whenever people have to go there on business and end up cooing about it, it's always about how "modern" and "clean" it is. Maybe they just mean homeless people didn't bother them, I dunno.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

33 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Indianapolis doesn't really have that old feel that St. Louis, Milwaukee, and especially Detroit all have. Whenever people have to go there on business and end up cooing about it, it's always about how "modern" and "clean" it is. Maybe they just mean homeless people didn't bother them, I dunno.

I get that Indiana is a hotbed of traditional basketball but the Pacers have a name that invokes modernity and speed. They were even founded in a rebel, upstart league. I feel like both the Old Navy pinstriped look and the "We Grow Basketball" cornfield look miss the point.

That's why I like the Flo-Jo set. They were modern, but not nauseatingly so like so many other 90s NBA identities.

Just now, upperV03 said:

That was posted on here a week and a half ago when the Blazers unveiled the uniform.

this too?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

53 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I have never been able to form an opinion of Indianapolis.  It was mildly interesting going through their mall (but I mean, it's just a mall), and the Circle Court memorial is neat-ish, but nothing more.  There's a lot of quaint overpriced businesses that surround it, selling weird flavors of chocolate, marshmallows, popcorn, and other forms of corn byproduct. 

To the contrary of the "nice and clean" stuff, Indianapolis seems just as dumpy as other places.  Indy keeps the areas near Circle Court fairly tidy, but get a few blocks into Butler and askew of Lucas Oil and it's the typical low income modern Hoovervilles that are commonplace past a certain street in most cities. 

Contrastly I stayed in the loop of Chicago for a long weekend over 4th of July this past summer and was incredibly impressed with how clean they kept the area during my stay.  Obviously the loop, Millenium Park, and theater district are prime tourism areas that the city was putting their best foot forward with during peak season, but I fully anticipated running into at least a handful of sleepy heroin addicts shambling on and off the trains, beggars galore, and the typical mess that followed an influx of humanity for a major holiday.  Didn't happen.  Kudos to whoever handles that stuff, I guess.  I wish I would've stayed a few extra days to see how the area transformed post-tourist weekend. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It's a bit too loud as a full-time look, and the Warriors are basically stuck with royal blue and athletic gold forever now anyway. That being said? This should be a regular alternate. They can at least dress like the San Francisco Warriors on occasion if they refuse to change the name.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Orlando, Charlotte, Houston had pinstripes before the Pacers.

Duh -- obviously Charlotte and Orlando. Houston's were a little goofy and if you include them, you need to include Toronto too.

But yes, clearly, way many more teams with pinstripes before the Pacers.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

8 minutes ago, mgfoxx said:

spacer.png

Why only gripe is that it's white. I hate white colored throwbacks, especially considering they had this jersey in blue and gold as well.

954326966.jpeg&c=sc&w=3200&h=2133

warriors-wilt-chamberlain-nate-thurmond.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

...but the Pacers have a name that invokes modernity and speed...

Most people assume their name refers to an auto racing pace car, but pacer is actually a harness racing term. It’s a horse who runs at a specific gait (both legs on one side of the body move forward in unison) to pull the cart where the driver sits.

No matter which one they’re going for, though, I’m not sure either evokes modernity or speed without the complementary graphic language. A pace car’s function is to slow the cars down, and a pacer’s success is more about its ability to keep a steady gait over the course of the race than it is about pure speed.

That said, the FloJo was a pretty great uniform, though I wish the diagonal graphic connected from jersey to shorts.

I also really like the idea behind the lettering on the front of their current uniform. The “Circle City” look is a bit more distinctive and local than a simple arched or italic wordmark like they’ve previously used (I do love the 80s italic wordmark in the chest stripe, though).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived