NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

1 hour ago, StrongXStyle said:

I like it. I'm thrown off by the bottom silhouette not in the same position as the other logos. 

Same. It looks like a basketball player with Muggsy Bogues' legs and Manute Bol's arms.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, justin23iu said:

spacer.png

Mavs honoring Dirk on their court this season.

Hmm. I might be in the minority here, but does anyone else think the Mavs' court would've looked better with a much larger version of the Dirk silhouette at center court, no Dallas city scape, and the corner silhouettes replaced with the number 41?

26 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

Hmm. I might be in the minority here, but does anyone else think the Mavs' court would've looked better with a much larger version of the Dirk silhouette at center court, no Dallas city scape, and the corner silhouettes replaced with the number 41?

Better? Sure. Good? No. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

30 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

Would be a great court for Dirk to have in his mansion or wherever he wants. But no, it should not be the court of the Dallas Mavericks

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Well since Dallas has a Nowitzki logo on the court, Miami should add one for D-Wade.

Also will the Dallas "City" edition court have the Nowitzki logo as well?

Also with all the love Dirk is getting, you'd think the city edition set would be based on him as well but instead it's based on Dallas neighborhood artwork after the two previous sets were based on the Dallas Skyline and the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge which is seen in exterior shots in NBA 2k series and was featured in MLB the Show before they took out exterior/skyline shots.

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Looks like 2K Sports made the Hornets throwback way too dark. Also included Moses Malone wearing a garish jersey just because.

t9clHC1.png

Garish, yet historically true.  Inaccurate w/r/t number color, though.

moses-malone-of-the-philadelphia-76ers-s

Probably veers on "right team, wrong uniform" territory, too.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

23 minutes ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

Garish, yet historically true.  Inaccurate w/r/t number color, though.

moses-malone-of-the-philadelphia-76ers-s

Probably veers on "right team, wrong uniform" territory, too.

I vaguely remember reading about him playing into the 90's but I definitely didn't know this one.

We can get even weirder, here he is wearing the infamous PHILA throwback. Mutombo seems to be wearing a Denver Rockets ABA throwback too.

bd6208e9-b7a5-4147-add2-4fd292607631.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

7 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Actually I understand that, because I wouldn't be happy If I been slapped on face by the end of those headband or something, but on other hand nike could easily slap swoosh on it and earn money on that.

There is a swoosh on the Butler pic.

9 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

this is REALLY stupid. i loved these headbands and they looked so cool. and even then is there a direct reason for them to be banned? Is it because Ninja the gamer signed to Adidas? is it “dangerous”?  I thought it would be cool for Wizards rookie Rui Hachimura to be the “Nation’s Ninja” and rock one of these headbands. now that’s out the window. R.I.P ninja headbands 2018-2019

So I'm seeing these bands on tennis players, as well as football players. 

Are they too close to a du rag that the NBA is afraid it's looking too 'thuggish'? Anyone remember the strict dress code many years back. It's let up quite a bit. 

It's not even like the bands had sponsors or slogans or designs or names. They were bare bones. 

The NCAA used to have a undershirt rule years ago, which stated it had to match the jersey color. I hope the NBA gets in line with this Anthony Davis crap. It looks 100 times more tacky than these bands. 

Archived