NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, jmatt116 said:

Anyone know how to submit a picture via smartphone. Why does it make me type in the URL

Because this site doesn't host photos. You need to upload your photo to a host/photosharing site.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, O.C.D said:

My gut says that people complained that it didn't look professional or it looked sloppy. Personally my only contention with giving players so many uniform accessory options and flexibility is that it takes away from the uniform aspect of the team looking the same. Allowing the team to be individualists somewhat undermines the concept of not making your self a separate entity from the team (on the court). It's an aspect of ego expression

Nike and NBA know what they are doing with the whole "its not professional" aspect

also, damn I miss sleeved jerseys they really won me over towards the end. I thought they were ridiculous at first, but now I so dearly miss them. Here are some favorites

spacer.png

spacer.png

4 hours ago, O.C.D said:

My gut says that people complained that it didn't look professional or it looked sloppy.

The thing they bothers me about this argument is that these players literally wear shorts and a tank top to work in. I'll miss the ninja bands, not gonna lie. 

2 hours ago, andregunts said:

Nike and NBA know what they are doing with the whole "its not professional" aspect

also, damn I miss sleeved jerseys they really won me over towards the end. I thought they were ridiculous at first, but now I so dearly miss them. Here are some favorites

Here are some of my favorites ...

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

The thing they bothers me about this argument is that these players literally wear shorts and a tank top to work in. 

But that is the “professional” standard for basketball. 

7 hours ago, O.C.D said:

Allowing the team to be individualists somewhat undermines the concept of not making your self a separate entity from the team (on the court).

But not every player wears the exact same things on the court anyway. Yes, the jersey and shorts are the same, but not everyone wears a headband, not everyone wears compression sleeves, everyone wears their socks differently, not everyone wears the same brand of shoes...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 hour ago, ror1997 said:

spacer.png

Eh.....That's really not great.

The NBA decided to allow significant player individualism when Jordans blew up. That horse is waaaaaaay out of the barn and never coming back.

NBA fashions change quickly; I would expect players to move on from the ninja headband soon enough anyway.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Jimmy Butler was the first one I saw wearing the headband, and I thought it looked ridiculous.  It's similar to what the kids that I see fighting each other on courts every day wear - certainly not what I'd expect to see players at a professional level - let alone the highest professional level - wear.

The safety risk thing is a little bit of a stretch.  On one hand I can get how anything that flails could get caught on something/someone or be grabbed, but this isn't any different than a player with long hair that's tied back in a tail.

I'm not sure if they should have been outlawed, but I won't miss them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

Do the Dodgers still own the rights to "Brooklyn" in script? I'd rather see that on this jersey than this poor imitation graffiti font...

Sadly, they do. It's surprising to me that the Nets don't just make a "different but similar" script wordmark to use on uniforms, merch, etc. Would sell like hotcakes!

3 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

Sadly, they do. It's surprising to me that the Nets don't just make a "different but similar" script wordmark to use on uniforms, merch, etc. Would sell like hotcakes!

@andrewharrington designed gray Nets jerseys with blue Brooklyn like five years ago, right?

20 hours ago, ror1997 said:

spacer.png

as a Nets fan, if this is real this is the worst jersey we've had since the grey "dodger" sleeved jerseys. i hope this isn't replacing the statement jersey of the past 2 seasons as it's a ENORMOUS downgrade.

crazy how much difference a simple wordmark makes.

ap_19089836359049-e1554647222104.jpg?w=6

Archived