kimball

NBA Changes 2019-20

43 minutes ago, jmatt116 said:

Anyone know how to submit a picture via smartphone. Why does it make me type in the URL

Because this site doesn't host photos. You need to upload your photo to a host/photosharing site.  

4 hours ago, O.C.D said:

My gut says that people complained that it didn't look professional or it looked sloppy. Personally my only contention with giving players so many uniform accessory options and flexibility is that it takes away from the uniform aspect of the team looking the same. Allowing the team to be individualists somewhat undermines the concept of not making your self a separate entity from the team (on the court). It's an aspect of ego expression

Nike and NBA know what they are doing with the whole "its not professional" aspect

also, damn I miss sleeved jerseys they really won me over towards the end. I thought they were ridiculous at first, but now I so dearly miss them. Here are some favorites

spacer.png

spacer.png

4 hours ago, O.C.D said:

My gut says that people complained that it didn't look professional or it looked sloppy.

The thing they bothers me about this argument is that these players literally wear shorts and a tank top to work in. I'll miss the ninja bands, not gonna lie. 

As image conscious the NBA is....I agree....it also can be a safety hazard also 

2 hours ago, andregunts said:

Nike and NBA know what they are doing with the whole "its not professional" aspect

also, damn I miss sleeved jerseys they really won me over towards the end. I thought they were ridiculous at first, but now I so dearly miss them. Here are some favorites

Here are some of my favorites ...

2 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

The thing they bothers me about this argument is that these players literally wear shorts and a tank top to work in. 

But that is the “professional” standard for basketball. 

7 hours ago, O.C.D said:

Allowing the team to be individualists somewhat undermines the concept of not making your self a separate entity from the team (on the court).

But not every player wears the exact same things on the court anyway. Yes, the jersey and shorts are the same, but not everyone wears a headband, not everyone wears compression sleeves, everyone wears their socks differently, not everyone wears the same brand of shoes...

1 hour ago, ror1997 said:

spacer.png

Eh.....That's really not great.

The NBA decided to allow significant player individualism when Jordans blew up. That horse is waaaaaaay out of the barn and never coming back.

NBA fashions change quickly; I would expect players to move on from the ninja headband soon enough anyway.

Jimmy Butler was the first one I saw wearing the headband, and I thought it looked ridiculous.  It's similar to what the kids that I see fighting each other on courts every day wear - certainly not what I'd expect to see players at a professional level - let alone the highest professional level - wear.

The safety risk thing is a little bit of a stretch.  On one hand I can get how anything that flails could get caught on something/someone or be grabbed, but this isn't any different than a player with long hair that's tied back in a tail.

I'm not sure if they should have been outlawed, but I won't miss them.

New Brooklyn uniforms

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a0f632ec652672ba596

@kimball LMAO at your sleeved uniform "favorites".

Mine were..the following. These uniforms would work today if they only make them sleeveless. 09142016_mlk_uniform_jm005.jpg

los-angeles-clippers-short-sleeve-nba-je

buzzcity-uniteal-background*750xx750-100

JAZZ1617-Jersey-Pride-Front.png

And sadly i own one of the Bulls one but custom with my name. (It was on sale for $60). 

Chicago%20Bulls%201%20Derrick%20Rose%20S

Don't @ for buying one.

7 hours ago, ror1997 said:

spacer.png

New wordmark looks quite ok, maybe even better than previous. Remember this is cheap looking replica. I'm glad they kept general design, because I like it.

17 hours ago, ror1997 said:

spacer.png

Meh. Will wait to see the real version though because this looks like a :censored:ty replica. Would it kill them to have one jersey that says NETS?

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

Do the Dodgers still own the rights to "Brooklyn" in script? I'd rather see that on this jersey than this poor imitation graffiti font...

Sadly, they do. It's surprising to me that the Nets don't just make a "different but similar" script wordmark to use on uniforms, merch, etc. Would sell like hotcakes!

3 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

Sadly, they do. It's surprising to me that the Nets don't just make a "different but similar" script wordmark to use on uniforms, merch, etc. Would sell like hotcakes!

@andrewharrington designed gray Nets jerseys with blue Brooklyn like five years ago, right?

20 hours ago, ror1997 said:

spacer.png

as a Nets fan, if this is real this is the worst jersey we've had since the grey "dodger" sleeved jerseys. i hope this isn't replacing the statement jersey of the past 2 seasons as it's a ENORMOUS downgrade.

crazy how much difference a simple wordmark makes.

ap_19089836359049-e1554647222104.jpg?w=6