NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

15 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

New Brooklyn uniforms

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a0f632ec652672ba596

@kimball LMAO at your sleeved uniform "favorites".

Mine were..the following. These uniforms would work today if they only make them sleeveless. 09142016_mlk_uniform_jm005.jpg

los-angeles-clippers-short-sleeve-nba-je

buzzcity-uniteal-background*750xx750-100

JAZZ1617-Jersey-Pride-Front.png

And sadly i own one of the Bulls one but custom with my name. (It was on sale for $60). 

Chicago%20Bulls%201%20Derrick%20Rose%20S

Don't @ for buying one.

All of these would look great sleeveless, just a missed opportunity. But that nets uni, YIKES. 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TJKiddsHead said:

as a Nets fan, if this is real this is the worst jersey we've had since the grey "dodger" sleeved jerseys. i hope this isn't replacing the statement jersey of the past 2 seasons as it's a ENORMOUS downgrade.

crazy how much difference a simple wordmark makes.

ap_19089836359049-e1554647222104.jpg?w=6

I agree. Even that statement jersey is a downgrade from the original “Brooklyn Remix” which were ABA throwbacks in black and white. 

Just wish they could add some white trimmings or a design on the side. It seems like jerseys now are just becoming tank tops with a text. No art no passion or symbolism in the designs. Like I could buy me a black tank top from Walmart and iron press a Brooklyn template 

IMG-7122.gif

On 9/10/2019 at 11:14 AM, DG_Now said:

I think the player sweatshirts that Nike made when they first came into the league were really nice, and seemed like they could be something the casual fan could buy.

DMikn2mW0AAfvOd.jpg:large

However, as you can, they were just cut too narrow. Which looks great if you're in NBA shape. But if you don't, or at the wrong angle like Melo above, you look like trash.

The way to make playerwear marketable to the casual fan is to make it roomy; there's a reason you see more big party animals in hockey and football jerseys than soccer or basketball.

I don't know how you can make replica NBA jerseys work for guys who aren't in relatively good shape without adding sleeves. I get why Adidas tried, but if the 2016 championship Cavs jersey didn't take off as replica wear, nothing was going to.

Well if he stopped zipper at the top of the sternum like a normal person he’d look much better. Zipping it up all the way looks bad regardless of who you are

I'm sad there won't be any "Earned" uniforms this season. I like having more uniforms to use in NBA 2k.

Since NBA 2k20 Legends Edition has Dwyane Wade in last season's "Vice" set, will 2k add those in as well as other previous city/earned sets? Over on the 2k boards a lot of millenials are upset on YouTube that last season's Heat "Vice City and Earned" aren't in.

Also since the Kings are wearing the 1990-1994 Away set as a classic uniform, will they add a court to match those colors (i.e. Arco Arena Court before the switch to Purple and Black in 1994).

2 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Also since the Kings are wearing the 1990-1994 Away set as a classic uniform, will they add a court to match those colors (i.e. Arco Arena Court before the switch to Purple and Black in 1994).

I thought about this too, but it's not in NBA 2K20 and all the new courts are in so it's clearly not planned but you never know.

bSLCtu2.png

9 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

I'm sad there won't be any "Earned" uniforms this season. I like having more uniforms to use in NBA 2k.

Since NBA 2k20 Legends Edition has Dwyane Wade in last season's "Vice" set, will 2k add those in as well as other previous city/earned sets? Over on the 2k boards a lot of millenials are upset on YouTube that last season's Heat "Vice City and Earned" aren't in.

Im surprised that 2k didnt keep last years city uniforms in the game considering the fact that its literally the same game as last year.

On 9/10/2019 at 10:57 AM, VandyDelphia Mike said:

So, a fancier shirsey in jersey material?

Not the worst idea.  Essentially the difference between pro-cut NFL on-field jerseys, and the retail ones with actual sleeves.

Pretty much. Like a soccer jersey, basically. Would people pay premium prices if it had the performance style, but generous cut of your typical fan replica? Or would they balk if the sleeves took it too far from the on-court thing? I don't know for sure, but I'd give it a try if I was a merchandising exec.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

21 hours ago, TJKiddsHead said:

as a Nets fan, if this is real this is the worst jersey we've had since the grey "dodger" sleeved jerseys. i hope this isn't replacing the statement jersey of the past 2 seasons as it's a ENORMOUS downgrade.

the Nets are now trying to appeal to Hip-Hop Culture Brooklyn, Vintage New York Brooklyn, and Graphic Designer Yuppie Brooklyn all at the same time. It makes sense but it's not coming together as a unified brand, and this graffiti script feels particularly dated and "how do you do, fellow kids". Also 5 Pointz was in Queens.

The new Nets jersey isn't terrible, but it's so... bland. It's shocking that taking inspiration from graffiti and hip-hop culture in Brooklyn led to a gray jersey with white kind-of graffiti text and the usual number font. It'd be great if they actually used some graffiti-inspired patterns on it, but I guess this is as far as they'll take it. Unfortunate.

the user formerly known as cdclt

2 hours ago, Digby said:

the Nets are now trying to appeal to Hip-Hop Culture Brooklyn, Vintage New York Brooklyn, and Graphic Designer Yuppie Brooklyn all at the same time. It makes sense but it's not coming together as a unified brand, and this graffiti script feels particularly dated and "how do you do, fellow kids". Also 5 Pointz was in Queens.

You're exactly right, which is how you get experiences like sitting in Barclays on Coogi-uniform night drinking craft beer at halftime as the DJ Booth blasts Cardi B while Rabbi's play a 7v7 scrimmage against jewish school children. Their brand has been bizarro world for a while.

2 hours ago, TJKiddsHead said:

You're exactly right, which is how you get experiences like sitting in Barclays on Coogi-uniform night drinking craft beer at halftime as the DJ Booth blasts Cardi B while Rabbi's play a 7v7 scrimmage against jewish school children. Their brand has been bizarro world for a while.

Well you put it that way and it sounds like a fun bizarro world, haha.

in seriousness, I think that’s what made the Brooklyn Nets initial brand work so well, that it kinda unified those many constituencies that are now what we think of as culturally Brooklyn. As we often see, it gets watered down through the years, in this case resorting to the cliches like the Bridge and the 90s faux graffiti font.

7 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Actually the new Cavs court isn't in yet and I don't the Raptors one is either. They'll probably be patched in next update.

That's weird, I've had both since the game came out. Infact, I had a MyCareer game last night with the Raptors throwback jersey and court.

bSLCtu2.png

On 9/9/2019 at 11:33 PM, chakfu said:

Undershirts seemed like a better marketing solution than sleeved jerseys all along...why not allow undershirts for pros to "normalize" them for fans?

Yeah, why don't NBA players look like shlubs at the Y?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:02 PM, TJKiddsHead said:

ap_19089836359049-e1554647222104.jpg?w=6

It should be noted that Jared Dudley looks like a prime candidate for a Metamucil endorsement.

18 hours ago, TJKiddsHead said:

Hahahahahaha

Archived