NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, pepis21 said:

@Conrad., when you be able to tell us more?

Sadly, I can't come out and say anything that divulges anything concrete or leads to "lost hype" for products. Can't take the chance of jeopardizing corporate relationships. Curse this (awesome) job of mine! 😞

56 minutes ago, colortv said:

Anyone else think these are superior to the Knicks standard design?

1549428125-Grizzlies-Knicks-Basketball.j

The double outlines create a really muddled look. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Philadelphia, Golden State, San Antonio, Sacramento, Los Angeles, they’re all too long!

Sacramento has one more letter than Cleveland, so it won't be too bad.

10 minutes ago, MkDon said:

So we not getting any new logos next year? 

Possibly a secondary or tertiary here or there but if they didn't announce a major change by now, it's probably not happening. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

Possibly a secondary or tertiary here or there but if they didn't announce a major change by now, it's probably not happening. 

It's still early. Some years new logos come in fast right after start of the fiscal year. 

5 minutes ago, bowld said:

Looks like there is a small gold team logo inside the ball, on right side. Mavs appears to be a star? New logo coming? 

Mavs use stars on the apron of the court. 

2 hours ago, MkDon said:

So we not getting any new logos next year? 

Was coming to make a comment on that. Last night's lottery helped confirmed that none of those teams are getting new logos / wordmarks next season.

Also, in Zion news, unfortunately for NBA/Nike, the Pels aren't getting any new logos / uniforms next season. Whoops! That being said, I'm sure they'll still sell plenty of the City (and I guess the other 3 unis since Zion is so popular) unis. Those were one of the best in the league this year, imo.

Soooooo, everyone is wearing recolored Pistons logos on their draft caps? Bold.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

On 5/14/2019 at 10:10 PM, panthers_2012 said:

Ask and you shall receive. Don't like them at all.

I say this every year, but draft hats have gone downhill ever since 1993 ...

9aa65bc6e5156e2d5dd8db233f0f6d90.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, kimball said:

I say this every year, but draft hats have gone downhill ever since 1993 ...

9aa65bc6e5156e2d5dd8db233f0f6d90.jpg

Completely agree, and I think the same can be said for most draft caps across sports in general (the “since” year may vary, but you get it). Just keep it simple, nothing “different” just for the sake of new merch to sell. I think that kind of mentality is leading to some poor design these days.

Of course, if you can make a better design because it’s a better design then that’s cool, but I don’t think cranking out different just because it’s different is often a good thing.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

12 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Completely agree, and I think the same can be said for most draft caps across sports in general (the “since” year may vary, but you get it). Just keep it simple, nothing “different” just for the sake of new merch to sell. I think that kind of mentality is leading to some poor design these days.

Of course, if you can make a better design because it’s a better design then that’s cool, but I don’t think cranking out different just because it’s different is often a good thing.

I actually didn't mind the 2001 NBA Draft caps either. But, I love the simplicity of the old caps.

paugasol_draft.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Archived