kimball

NBA Changes 2019-20

13 minutes ago, Digby said:

As predicted, in comes chief NBA court reporter Zach Lowe with the scoop on Brooklyn's gray court. Plenty of interesting mockups and alternate ideas, as you'd imagine. I'm optimistic that this will look good, the court definitely looks unusual but it doesn't look too try-hard or stupid in playing with a different color.

One interesting detail: team admits it was a mistake to move away from the subway tile motif on baselines.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27683304/brooklyn-nets-going-gray-fresh-new-look

one other tidbit in here (even though we knew already via conrad), but official confirmation that the city jersey is a white version of the coogi design.

8 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

Would have liked the Nets shield at center court

i gotta say, from day 1 of the re-brand, i think the basketball logo has been stronger. the shield always felt a little forced and clunky to me.

White coogie aka “Brooklyn camo” confirmed. Told y’all. 

damn it feels good to be a gangsta 

4 minutes ago, joshey said:

White coogie aka “Brooklyn camo” confirmed. Told y’all. 

damn it feels good to be a gangsta 

wasn't that Geto Boys?

I love it so far, I'm really curious to see how it looks on TV and in person. The Barclays Center text looks a lot better here than in 2k20, and the weathered look is really nice:

NETSCLOSEUP.PNG&w=570&format=jpg

I just wish they were using this as the basis for their city or icon uniforms. I get that the Biggie look was a big seller last year and the design was well-executed, but something about honoring a local pop culture icon with a uniform still feels a little "minor league baseball promo night" to me.

16 minutes ago, Waffles said:

I love it so far, I'm really curious to see how it looks on TV and in person. The Barclays Center text looks a lot better here than in 2k20, and the weathered look is really nice:

I just wish they were using this as the basis for their city or icon uniforms. I get that the Biggie look was a big seller last year and the design was well-executed, but something about honoring a local pop culture icon with a uniform still feels a little "minor league baseball promo night" to me.

Reminds me of this ... 

5992.gif

1 hour ago, Digby said:

As predicted, in comes chief NBA court reporter Zach Lowe with the scoop on Brooklyn's gray court. Plenty of interesting mockups and alternate ideas, as you'd imagine. I'm optimistic that this will look good, the court definitely looks unusual but it doesn't look too try-hard or stupid in playing with a different color.

One interesting detail: team admits it was a mistake to move away from the subway tile motif on baselines.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27683304/brooklyn-nets-going-gray-fresh-new-look

“Biggie-inspired tilted-crown alternate logo?”

Is this new? I don’t recall a logo like this at all

On 9/21/2019 at 7:42 PM, Old School Fool said:

Once again NBA 2K20 gives us another court, this time showing us the Kings throwback court which seems to be an exact replica of the one used in the 1993/94 season.

NPk6nHY.png

general-view-of-arco-arena-circa-1994-at

Just updated the game and now have this beauty of a court. Also noting in this picture was the least season the Kings wore the Blue/Red set and their opponents in the picture are the Denver Nuggets and you can tell it's from the 1993-94 season as it was the first for the Nuggets in their generic 1993-2003 set replacing the beautiful Rocky Mountain Rainbow sets of the 80's-1993.

56 minutes ago, Waffles said:

I'm pretty relieved that the Barclays logo actually has more contrast than what was shown in the 2K screen cap. I had a feeling it was the in-game lighting anyway. Still think it would look better in black to round out the "minimalist" look of the court.

On 7/23/2019 at 8:25 AM, BJ Sands said:

All 2K cares about is VC. The creation suite has stagnated and probably gotten worse. 2K19 lost a lot of classic templates and striping patterns, the names on the back remained small, many colors were still needlessly hard to match, and there was a new issue with created Statement jerseys not showing up. And still no ability to create City uniforms or warmups. Users also cannot place logos on the waistband unless the waist has no design, even though a lot of templates have space for them. 

Watch, there will be a bunch of upgrades for 2K20 but you’ll have to use VC to create uniforms and courts. 

I haven't bought the game. Did anything change from 2K19?

I really, really like this court. It's unique but not over the top. I think it's going to look great live.

On 9/22/2019 at 12:36 PM, ror1997 said:

playing 2k, just noticed a Net fan courtside wearing a sleeveless version of the brooklyn dodger jerseys. but they aren’t in the game as throwbacks. weird. spacer.png

Nba 2k still has piston fans wearing red jerseys as well, so if that tells you anything about how outdated the crowds in that game are...

36 minutes ago, Delicate Genius said:

Years ago, one team proposed a black floor designed to recall darker asphalt courts. The league rejected it, arguing it would not play well on television.

Whoa. Who?

I might be wrong or going off of a fan concept I saw but I believe it was the hawks when they rebranded in 2015.

Wait a minute, does that mean city jerseys aren’t dead @Conrad. ? Maybe they scrapped the warm ups idea to bring back more jerseys  

Makes $ense to me

City jerseys were never dead. It was the Earned editions that were moving to just warm up and other off-court stuff.

1 hour ago, Delicate Genius said:

Years ago, one team proposed a black floor designed to recall darker asphalt courts. The league rejected it, arguing it would not play well on television.

Whoa. Who?

Wasn't it Memphis?