NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

1 hour ago, Delicate Genius said:

Years ago, one team proposed a black floor designed to recall darker asphalt courts. The league rejected it, arguing it would not play well on television.

Whoa. Who?

It was the Hawks I believe. There was some espn article about the rebranding years ago that said they were looking at doing it.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

“Biggie-inspired tilted-crown alternate logo?”

Is this new? I don’t recall a logo like this at all

8 hours ago, Delicate Genius said:

Years ago, one team proposed a black floor designed to recall darker asphalt courts. The league rejected it, arguing it would not play well on television.

Whoa. Who?

That was the Hawks. When we first had the rebranding, they proposed to have the court mirror the look of a blacktop. When it was rejected, they instead used the same proposed design to revitalize the city parks and rec center courts. There's pictures of what the design would look like if it was approved. Grant-park-Court-Complete.jpg?10566

49 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

That was the Hawks. When we first had the rebranding, they proposed to have the court mirror the look of a blacktop. So when it was rejected, they instead used the same proposed design to revitalize the city parks and rec center courts. There's pictures of what the design would look like if it was approved. Grant-park-Court-Complete.jpg?10566

Reminds me of this old tweet...

54 minutes ago, Colin_Pernett said:

It was the Hawks I believe. There was some espn article about the rebranding years ago that said they were looking at doing it.

Um, it was the Grizzlies ... maybe the Hawks did as well?

Looks like @TheFallenHaveRisen beat me too it.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I like the streetball vibes of it. I just wish it was an alternate court or something to match their statement jerseys. Because I really loved their original court. It was a top 5 in the league in my opinion. That dark wood with the black and white lines was just perfect. 

IMG-7122.gif

It'll be interested to see how this influences courts moving forward. Ever since the Bucks came out with their "Fear the Deer" black heavy court more and more teams having been getting alternate courts. I wonder if we'll see more courts like the Nets?  

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Awww man I'd love a black/blacktop style court

i like it but i also feel like only certain teams should do it. when you think of streetball, you don’t really think of Memphis or Atlanta. i feel like the Knicks and Nets are probably the only teams that can make a legit case for a streetball court. I would love to see the Knicks do something with the Green and Red courts you see in Parks Department courts. Maybe even shaded on trees with empty branches. as an alternate court of course. spacer.png

1 hour ago, ror1997 said:

i like it but i also feel like only certain teams should do it. when you think of streetball, you don’t really think of Memphis or Atlanta. i feel like the Knicks and Nets are probably the only teams that can make a legit case for a streetball court. I would love to see the Knicks do something with the Green and Red courts you see in Parks Department courts. Maybe even shaded on trees with empty branches. as an alternate court of course. 

And the Wizards

And the Sixers

And the Clippers

Maybe the Lakers

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Nets Go Grey With New Court, Biggie Jerseys to Return

September 24, 2019 - 14:33 PM

The Brooklyn Nets will roll out the NBA’s first-ever all-grey basketball court design according to a story from ESPN’s Zach Lowe. We’re not talking a traditionally coloured court with grey accents, not at all, we’re saying the floor will be […]

Read More...

Archived