NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

17 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

I do believe though that it's actually the Kings fault as they originally brought out an alternate court for the powder throwbacks prior to any other team going alternate court.

Nope, the Bucks unveiled the court in October 2015 and started playing on it that year. The Kings only announced and started playing on the ARCO court beginning in February 2016. I guess you could say both contributed to it with the Bucks introducing a secondary and the Kings introducing a throwback court.

But, the Bucks were the first ones to actually do it.

https://www.nba.com/kings/news/kings-use-retro-court 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2575205-milwaukee-bucks-unveil-fear-the-dear-alternate-uniforms-and-court-design 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/23/2019 at 6:30 PM, ror1997 said:

i like it but i also feel like only certain teams should do it. when you think of streetball, you don’t really think of Memphis or Atlanta. i feel like the Knicks and Nets are probably the only teams that can make a legit case for a streetball court.

Yes. Only New York has basketball courts outside.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

12 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Yes. Only New York has basketball courts outside.

that wasn’t what i was saying. no city has as rich of a streetball history as newyork. Rucker Park, The Cage, Dyckman... Kareem, PeeWee Kirkland, Joe Hammond. if you made a list of the top 50 street ballers, 30-35 are gonna be from NY and the next city closest would be Philly with like 5-10. That’s all i’m saying. there’s a reason street ball courts get compared to Rucker Park. 

23 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

But where will they put the ice cream bar? And where's Mr. Hendrickson going to set his record player for the chicken dance?

I thought Mormons can't gamble, how would they run a bingo hall out of their gym?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

18 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I thought Mormons can't gamble, how would they run a bingo hall out of their gym?

We may not play bingo for money, but we do play for candy bars every six months with a bingo card and handful of Cheerios.

0446357473f1befe9557582bf30ba5e7.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

22 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

Lol, that reminds me of this.spacer.png

I still don't understand why they didn't use that. It was before 14/15 season and instead they had those black sleeves jerseys.

Now I don't understand why they want to change their statement jersey, because it is great looking set, IMO their best alternate ever.

4r2eer.png

It really bothers me that the fanatics image shows the white Lakers jersey first. Everyone knows it's good/purple/white/weird.

Also, I just realized the T-Wolves are in Seahawks colors. Well take 'em.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

20 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

It really bothers me that the fanatics image shows the white Lakers jersey first. Everyone knows it's good/purple/white/weird.

Also, I just realized the T-Wolves are in Seahawks colors. Well take 'em.

Because that’s the association jersey and it’s alphabetical. 

56 minutes ago, Froob said:

Mavs consistently make the worst alternates in the league.

Very true. They haven't had a good alt since the green Mavs one and that was about a decade ago.

It's a skill to get it as wrong as often as they do.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

36 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

They haven't had a good alt since the green Mavs one and that was about a decade ago.

Wait, those were good?

Mavs_green.jpg

kimball banner.png

49 minutes ago, kimball said:

Wait, those were good?

Mavs_green.jpg

Clearly! Those colors and that font were terrific. Especially for that era, and especially compared to every other team and every other Mavs look. It was cool at a time when the Mavs were not cool.

Green and blue is still underused in sports; the Mavs could own it.

Archived