NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

9 hours ago, kimball said:

Wait, those were good?

Mavs_green.jpg

8 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Clearly! Those colors and that font were terrific. Especially for that era, and especially compared to every other team and every other Mavs look. It was cool at a time when the Mavs were not cool.

Green and blue is still underused in sports; the Mavs could own it.

flip the number and the wordmark, and those would look better. plus those jerseys were too baggy to have a wordmark on the stomach, it looks tacky. 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Los Angeles Lakers New City Uniform Details Leaked

September 26, 2019 - 14:49 PM

Details of the Los Angeles Lakers new City Edition uniform were posted prior to its official unveiling on multiple Chinese e-commerce websites. The websites show a gold t-shirt with the “Lakers” familar script across the front in white with a […]

Read More...

Originally the Lakers said their City unis would honor a legend every year...which is why we got the Kobe and Magic unis...is this supposed to honor a specific legend from the 60s/70s? Or just that era in general?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Originally the Lakers said their City unis would honor a legend every year...which is why we got the Kobe and Magic unis...is this supposed to honor a specific legend from the 60s/70s? Or just that era in general?

I’m betting on wilt or kareem

Excellent!

27 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

I’m betting on wilt or kareem

Or Kurt Rambis....but I digress.

That City edition for the Lakers looks just like a throwback so why didn't they just make it a classic edition and go with something different on the City set. So will this city set have pinstripes like last seasons?

Also did the "Earned" editions not sell well or have negative responses from the players? I actually liked the "Earned" sets.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Jerry West, especially since those look to be modeled after late 60s/early 70s jerseys.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

18 minutes ago, kimball said:

Jerry West, especially since those look to be modeled after late 60s/early 70s jerseys.

I was thinking there are several Lakers legends who wore that style, along with Jerry...didn't know if they were trying to single anyone out. 

kCfypyuomfOknyaL5Rmp2n3znMRaI61FAMUR2zn8

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

23 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

Here  are a couple of interesting finds on Twitter. spacer.png

So unoriginal.  Gee, how many ways can we recolor the The District of Columbia design

Honestly its hard to keep track now. I would have guessed a blue version already existed, but I guess we'll get blessed with these this season, yippee

90758391980.gif

4 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Or Kurt Rambis....but I digress.

That City edition for the Lakers looks just like a throwback so why didn't they just make it a classic edition and go with something different on the City set. So will this city set have pinstripes like last seasons?

Also did the "Earned" editions not sell well or have negative responses from the players? I actually liked the "Earned" sets.

Yeah. These jersey names/designations are laughable if a city set is simply a classic design. It’s all a bunch of crap at the end of the day. Home/away/alternate 1-2-3. That not will never change in my eyes.  They now need to institute percentage worn rules for jerseys. If one is to be designated as home, it actually needs to be worn a majority of time you know, at home. 

4 hours ago, MattMill said:

Yeah. These jersey names/designations are laughable if a city set is simply a classic design. It’s all a bunch of crap at the end of the day. Home/away/alternate 1-2-3. That not will never change in my eyes.  They now need to institute percentage worn rules for jerseys. If one is to be designated as home, it actually needs to be worn a majority of time you know, at home. 

I don’t mind four alts ... I am just not a big fan of a new city jersey EVERY YEAR. Three years in now and just feels like too much.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 hours ago, MattMill said:

Except the designations aren't home or away anymore. Association, Icon, Statement, City...all can be and are worn whenever and wherever 

Archived