kimball

NBA Changes 2019-20

190929_header_bridgesstatement.jpg?w=756

190929_header_statement_infographic.jpg

Not bad but how come they haven't incorporated a silhouetted honeycomb pattern yet on any of their jersey?!!

Shorts looks like a lazy job too!

Same with Orlando. Still better than Phoenix orange mess.

58 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The Hornets told everyone to download the app to see the new uni at 9am...and as of 9:15...there was nothing about the new unis in the app. 

Much like zoot suits, it kind of feels like the Charlotte Hornets brand should have died for good in 1999. It was cool and all when they switched from Bobcats, but what have they done since?

spacer.pngThe Jazz all but confirming that they're keeping the yellow statement. I'm bummed, I think the regular red rock city editions are going away. 

'CHA'? i'm not going to debate whether CHA is identifiable enough to put on the front of a uniform, or what people from the region call the city or whatever. all i know is that, to me, it looks incredibly dumb.

19 minutes ago, Brian E said:

'CHA'? i'm not going to debate whether CHA is identifiable enough to put on the front of a uniform, or what people from the region call the city or whatever. all i know is that, to me, it looks incredibly dumb.

I was questioning that decision, as well. If anything, isn't the trend to default to a city's airport code? In this case, CLT would've made more sense than CHA. Unless they're being just incredibly transparent about this being a blatant cash grab and using CHA as a shortener for "CHA-CHING!"

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Much like zoot suits, it kind of feels like the Charlotte Hornets brand should have died for good in 1999. It was cool and all when they switched from Bobcats, but what have they done since?

First of all, our team was stolen in 2002, not 1999. Keep in mind the team left because Charlotte Coliseum was only 15 years old and not brand new, not to mention the fact that George Shinn was wanted for sexual assault in the city of Charlotte. He has not returned to the city since the Hornets moved. He has since admitted that his personal issues with keeping it in his pants was one of the reasons the original team left.

Our terrible performance has nothing to do with the brand and everything to do with Jordan. Far and away one of the worst owners in the league.

At least our new jersey resembles what we put on the court: bland and uninspired. The Hornets now have only one (1) jersey that actually says "Charlotte" and it's the :censored:ing throwback. It might have been acceptable if it said CLT, the actual identifier for Charlotte, but it says "CHA", something that has pretty much nothing to do with the city. The paneling is boring, and the "silhouette hornet" logo sucks. This team has had every opportunity to actually look good, but choses instead to continue with the boring "aggro hornet" and awful "Buzz City" garbage that has plagued this team since Jordan took over. 

I swear, all the Hornets have to do is take the 2012 NO Hornets logo, recolor it, and use that. Update the classic jerseys, and, this is the most important part - actually put Charlotte on the :censored: jerseys. I don't care what Jordan thinks looks good, but he's wrong on every count. Sadly, he might be the only thing keeping the team in Charlotte, cause I'm sure if the NBA had their way, we'd have the Seattle SuperSonics in place of a certain southeastern city. 

Charlotte has been :censored:ed by the league way, way more than any other city, and it's not even close. As shady as Seattle's departure was, it doesn't even come close to the greed and vendetta that led to the Hornets moving. After that, we've been stuck with two awful owners, and the one time we have a chance to get a superstar for our team, the league :censored:s us and gift-wraps it to who else, but the :censored:ing New Orleans Hornets

This kind of got out of hand, but I wish more people understood why the team is as awful as it is. The city of Charlotte shows up for their teams, but not when the team is terrible. The original Hornets sold out something like 364 straight games while they were competitive, and in a much bigger arena that wasn't even downtown. Attendance only goes down when the fans are angry, like they were with Shinn back in the early 2000s, and now, with MJ's seeming lack of ability to run a competent franchise.

8 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

In this case, CLT would've made more sense than CHA.

I can think of one major reason why the Hornets or any team wouldn't ever think about put CLT on a uniform. lol

1 hour ago, Shadojoker said:

I like most of this jersey. I won't lie ... the stinger side panels are kinda cool. But, that CHA wordmark?! WOOF. They tried to hard at being lazy.

15 minutes ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

First of all, our team was stolen in 2002, not 1999. Keep in mind the team left because Charlotte Coliseum was only 15 years old and not brand new, not to mention the fact that George Shinn was wanted for sexual assault in the city of Charlotte. He has not returned to the city since the Hornets moved. He has since admitted that his personal issues with keeping it in his pants was one of the reasons the original team left.

Our terrible performance has nothing to do with the brand and everything to do with Jordan. Far and away one of the worst owners in the league.

At least our new jersey resembles what we put on the court: bland and uninspired. The Hornets now have only one (1) jersey that actually says "Charlotte" and it's the :censored:ing throwback. It might have been acceptable if it said CLT, the actual identifier for Charlotte, but it says "CHA", something that has pretty much nothing to do with the city. The paneling is boring, and the "silhouette hornet" logo sucks. This team has had every opportunity to actually look good, but choses instead to continue with the boring "aggro hornet" and awful "Buzz City" garbage that has plagued this team since Jordan took over. 

I swear, all the Hornets have to do is take the 2012 NO Hornets logo, recolor it, and use that. Update the classic jerseys, and, this is the most important part - actually put Charlotte on the :censored: jerseys. I don't care what Jordan thinks looks good, but he's wrong on every count. Sadly, he might be the only thing keeping the team in Charlotte, cause I'm sure if the NBA had their way, we'd have the Seattle SuperSonics in place of a certain southeastern city. 

Charlotte has been :censored:ed by the league way, way more than any other city, and it's not even close. As shady as Seattle's departure was, it doesn't even come close to the greed and vendetta that led to the Hornets moving. After that, we've been stuck with two awful owners, and the one time we have a chance to get a superstar for our team, the league :censored:s us and gift-wraps it to who else, but the :censored:ing New Orleans Hornets

This kind of got out of hand, but I wish more people understood why the team is as awful as it is. The city of Charlotte shows up for their teams, but not when the team is terrible. The original Hornets sold out something like 364 straight games while they were competitive, and in a much bigger arena that wasn't even downtown. Attendance only goes down when the fans are angry, like they were with Shinn back in the early 2000s, and now, with MJ's seeming lack of ability to run a competent franchise.

Wow, I was not ready to wake up to this rant. Should have had my coffee first.

18 minutes ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

After that, we've been stuck with two awful owners, and the one time we have a chance to get a superstar for our team, the league :censored:s us and gift-wraps it to who else, but the :censored:ing New Orleans Hornets

Charlotte was going to win the lottery but the league :censored:ed it up?

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

It's only been five seasons though. 

Changing a team name doesn't make your players better and doesn't result in championships right away. 

The Hornets brand will always be superior to the constantly-changing Bobcats era. 

1 hour ago, Shadojoker said:

Not bad but how come they haven't incorporated a silhouetted honeycomb pattern yet on any of their jersey?!!

I never thought I'd say this, but based on what I've seen with this reveal, I'd almost rather they throw back to a Bobcats' jersey.

2 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

MAKE A STATEMENT

Hornets' statement:  "No comment"

On 9/27/2019 at 2:47 PM, TheOatsMustFlow said:

Really bad. 
spacer.png

MAKE A STATEMENT

Suns' statement:  "(fart sound)"

6 minutes ago, DrAwesomeberry said:

Nike should stop giving teams multiple new alts every year. Most of these Statement uniforms are dull as hell.

It may be a bit on the bland side, but I honestly think this is one of the Mavs' best looks since the 2001 rebrand. Only the second jersey to say "Mavericks" aside from those Hefty bag atrocities, centered numbers and traditional striping are all pluses in my book. Maybe most of the designing efforts are being put towards a rebrand now with Luka/KP and the new buzz?

17 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Do all teams get Statement uniforms?

Are they all being unveiled today/in the near future?

Yes, and probably. 

Statements are the third jerseys (with City being 4th and Classics being 5th (and optional)). All teams have at least four jerseys. 

From LockerVision, here’s a look at the team-colored warmups and shooting shirts for this season:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

And the alternate grey versions:

spacer.pngspacer.png

And all of the Classic Edition shooting shirts:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

3 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Not good.  

I actually like the shorts, but holy crap, what were they thinking with that jersey? How could anyone think that side panel looks good?