kimball

NBA Changes 2019-20

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, JELKK said:

I can think of one major reason why the Hornets or any team wouldn't ever think about put CLT on a uniform. lol

 

If you are going to put "CLT" on a uniform, at least do it like the Knights did, and put it on a hat with a big, red button on top that hopefully just about any man could find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this CLT talk is just reminding me of the most disgusting and potentially lethal part of the Chris-Chan story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. How accurate is Locker vision? The Lakers home fans will see their classic banana yellow ICON jerseys a mere 12 times all season. They've all but replaces them with CITY and STATEMENT. We better hope Both of those are yellow too. 

 

With the CITY leak, they are shown to be worn 9 times at home. That leaves 20 for association and statement. 13 assocation white and 7  statement, color assumed to be purple, round out the Lakers home slate. 

 

HOME

Association white - 13

Icon yellow - 12

City yellow - 9

Statement purple - 7

 

 

And now, all of what is wrong with the NBA, and maybe my last rant on the topic. 

 

The Lakers are scheduled to wear their yellow ICON 14 times on the road. 9 times they will wear their yellow CITY on the road. 10 times their assumed Purple statements. 8 times, they will wear white. 

 

They will wear their classic err.... Banana yellow on the road more times than at home. They will wear white more times on the road than their classic purple. 

 

AWAY

Icon yellow - 14

Statement purple - 10

City yellow - 9

Association white - 8

 

 

What a crap fest 

 

-------

It is nice to see the grizzlies wearing their aqua classics on the road a mere four times. But at least one of those is against the raptors in their own classic getup. That's one memorable game all season for them. 

 

They actually play the raptors at home in the same classic combinations. Hows that for continuity? How often have teams worn the same combos against the same teams home and away? It screams of laziness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JELKK said:

I can think of one major reason why the Hornets or any team wouldn't ever think about put CLT on a uniform. lol

hqdefault.jpg

This is what i was thinking when people say they should put "CLT" on the jersey.

 

A HUGE NO! (Side note..funny ass scene)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

 

Not good.  

 

 

 

That's embarrassing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kimball said:

 

Wow, I was not ready to wake up to this rant. Should have had my coffee first.

Yeah, this kind of rant happens every so often. Part of being a Charlotte fan.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

 

Charlotte was going to win the lottery but the league :censored:ed it up?

Well, in 2011, the Bobcats went 7-51, literally the worst record in the history of the league, but on the bright side, this neat generational talent named Anthony Davis was in the next draft. You'd be thinking there's no way the Cats don't end up with this, right? Wrong. The league-owned Hornets (who the league was looking for an owner for) ended up with the first overall pick. It's the kind of stuff you just can't make up. New Orleans has gotten everything that Charlotte never did (several generational talents, league support, lottery rigging, and our team) while we Hornets fans have to look on in jealousy as New Orleans has everything handed to them on a silver platter and the Hornets struggle with making basic basketball decisions like 'should we acquire a fifth white center' or 'maybe we should lowball the best player this franchise has ever had'. By the way, the 2012 pick the Hornets ended up making was Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, when we could have had players like Bradley Beal, Damian Lillard, Andre Drummond, Draymond Green, or Khris Middleton. It's wild how often the Hornets fail to make even simple, easy decision. It's truly frustrating as a fan.

 

Back on topic, however, I'd rather have CLT on a jersey than CHA. It's the actual identifier for the region, unlike the NBA-created CHA. It actually acknowledges the area the team comes, instead of where the NBA and Nike think they come from. (City of Flight my ***)

Edited by QueenCitySwarm
Back on topic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the Magic home breakdown from Lockervision:

 

white association - 9
black icon - 10
blue statement - 8
city - 14 - Nov 29 is the debut

The road:

 

white association - 16
black icon - 15
blue statement - 8
city - 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, MattMill said:

Wow. How accurate is Locker vision? The Lakers home fans will see their classic banana yellow ICON jerseys a mere 12 times all season. They've all but replaces them with CITY and STATEMENT. We better hope Both of those are yellow too. 

 

With the CITY leak, they are shown to be worn 9 times at home. That leaves 20 for association and statement. 13 assocation white and 7  statement, color assumed to be purple, round out the Lakers home slate. 

 

HOME

Association white - 13

Icon yellow - 12

City yellow - 9

Statement purple - 7

 

 

And now, all of what is wrong with the NBA, and maybe my last rant on the topic. 

 

The Lakers are scheduled to wear their yellow ICON 14 times on the road. 9 times they will wear their yellow CITY on the road. 10 times their assumed Purple statements. 8 times, they will wear white. 

 

They will wear their classic err.... Banana yellow on the road more times than at home. They will wear white more times on the road than their classic purple. 

 

AWAY

Icon yellow - 14

Statement purple - 10

City yellow - 9

Association white - 8

 

 

What a crap fest 

 

I think you answered your own questions in your post. Clearly the Statement and City unis won't both be yellow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

First of all, our team was stolen in 2002, not 1999. Keep in mind the team left because Charlotte Coliseum was only 15 years old and not brand new, not to mention the fact that George Shinn was wanted for sexual assault in the city of Charlotte. He has not returned to the city since the Hornets moved. He has since admitted that his personal issues with keeping it in his pants was one of the reasons the original team left.

 

Our terrible performance has nothing to do with the brand and everything to do with Jordan. Far and away one of the worst owners in the league.

 

At least our new jersey resembles what we put on the court: bland and uninspired. The Hornets now have only one (1) jersey that actually says "Charlotte" and it's the :censored:ing throwback. It might have been acceptable if it said CLT, the actual identifier for Charlotte, but it says "CHA", something that has pretty much nothing to do with the city. The paneling is boring, and the "silhouette hornet" logo sucks. This team has had every opportunity to actually look good, but choses instead to continue with the boring "aggro hornet" and awful "Buzz City" garbage that has plagued this team since Jordan took over. 

 

I swear, all the Hornets have to do is take the 2012 NO Hornets logo, recolor it, and use that. Update the classic jerseys, and, this is the most important part - actually put Charlotte on the :censored: jerseys. I don't care what Jordan thinks looks good, but he's wrong on every count. Sadly, he might be the only thing keeping the team in Charlotte, cause I'm sure if the NBA had their way, we'd have the Seattle SuperSonics in place of a certain southeastern city. 

 

Charlotte has been :censored:ed by the league way, way more than any other city, and it's not even close. As shady as Seattle's departure was, it doesn't even come close to the greed and vendetta that led to the Hornets moving. After that, we've been stuck with two awful owners, and the one time we have a chance to get a superstar for our team, the league :censored:s us and gift-wraps it to who else, but the :censored:ing New Orleans Hornets

 

This kind of got out of hand, but I wish more people understood why the team is as awful as it is. The city of Charlotte shows up for their teams, but not when the team is terrible. The original Hornets sold out something like 364 straight games while they were competitive, and in a much bigger arena that wasn't even downtown. Attendance only goes down when the fans are angry, like they were with Shinn back in the early 2000s, and now, with MJ's seeming lack of ability to run a competent franchise.

Thanks for the history lesson.  Makes sense.

 

Yea I knew this place would rip the CHA CHA CHA haha.  CLT would have been better.  And what's with that giant curved font? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lakers shouldn't be wearing purple at home. I know I complain about traditionalists sometimes, but Lakers veering from yellow/white at home seems like change for the sake of change, which is the worst kind of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

From LockerVision, here’s a look at the team-colored warmups and shooting shirts for this season:

spacer.png

 

 

You can already buy it:

nike-nba-los-angeles-lakers-therma-flex-showtime-hood-p5279-14830_image.jpg

It will have wordmark on back:

nike-nba-los-angeles-lakers-therma-flex-showtime-hood-p5279-14831_image.jpg

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

 

Seriously?! C'mon stop that Hickory gimmick (no matter if it's nice or not) and bring back a real retro.

 

BTW Has anyone seen a photo of back of GSW "The Bay" jersey?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chicago Bulls Media day starts at 2:30pm..

 

🙏 please don't f*** up the Statement jersey...

 

🙏 Please don't f*** up the Statement Jersey... (repeat 10x)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

I think you answered your own questions in your post. Clearly the Statement and City unis won't both be yellow. 

Yeah I should’ve clarified. Once I looked at the lakers away schedule and saw WHITE association for many home teams, vs.  a blank STATEMENT for la, it only makes sense that that one is purple. I never edited above that point in my post. 
 

I should add. I’m a stickler against small unreadable wordmarks. The CHA is huge and I love that aspect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grizzlies vs Raptors Highlights 2019-20 NBA Throwback Uniform Schedule

September 30, 2019 - 20:46 PM

The National Basketball Association will see plenty of throwback uniforms, officially known as “Classic Edition”, during the upcoming 2019-20 season as twelve teams will wear thirteen throwbacks a total of 156 times across 142 games. We’ll see the return of […]

Read More...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

hqdefault.jpg

This is what i was thinking when people say they should put "CLT" on the jersey.

 

A HUGE NO! (Side note..funny ass scene)

Jay and Silent Bob reference...nice lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

All this CLT talk is just reminding me of the most disgusting and potentially lethal part of the Chris-Chan story. 

i agree and see where you’re coming from

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Grizzlies vs Raptors Highlights 2019-20 NBA Throwback Uniform Schedule

September 30, 2019 - 20:46 PM

The National Basketball Association will see plenty of throwback uniforms, officially known as “Classic Edition”, during the upcoming 2019-20 season as twelve teams will wear thirteen throwbacks a total of 156 times across 142 games. We’ll see the return of […]

Read More...

 

My only complaint of the schedule is soooooo many wrong era throwback matchups. I wish the NBA did it like MLB. 

 

With that said ... why in the hell did the Cavs go 90s throwback instead of 70s or original for their 50th? Odd choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, kimball said:

 

My only complaint of the schedule is soooooo many wrong era throwback matchups. I wish the NBA did it like MLB. 

 

With that said ... why in the hell did the Cavs go 90s throwback instead of 70s or original for their 50th? Odd choice.

It’s just about the only era they haven’t thrown back to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.