NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

12 hours ago, BShaw20 said:

Is this gonna be a uni combo?
spacer.png

Somebody needs to get fired.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Satomiblood said:

There are a lot of Magic fans on Twitter and Facebook that are praising this look...

They are objectively wrong.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Not that I expect the Magic to do it here, but every couple years it seems like teams try to bring back the mismatch, and every couple years they get shouted down by everyone because it doesn't work in professional basketball.

re: CHA, it's one of those things where the NBA boxscore-approved abbreviation doesn't match the cultural one. I still never like seeing POR for Portland, when everywhere else in the world uses PDX for that city and we manage just fine. Of course teams could just put on their city identifier or nickname and that solves a lot of problems at once. As usual this team is oblivious; "Charlotte Hornets" in purple and teal is one of the best brands this league has to offer, and everyone besides the team seems to recognize that. Buzz City Black!

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

16 hours ago, Haz_Matt said:

Interesting that the Jazz are playing the Bulls in their purple mountain jerseys. I would think there would be too many PTSD flashbacks 🤨

I'm going to feel the same way if Houston wears those red throwbacks in Orlando. Still chaps me that Orlando didn't net a single win in that series.

I don't like anything about the new Hornets design except for the hexagonal parquet court. The original design was one of those that should be preserved in amber if you're going to make a big show of bringing it back. It's not like the Winnipeg Jets, where besides the name and the sense of belonging, there wasn't a whole lot there. It was a groundbreaking identity that people fell in love with.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

11 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

It's either that or they're shills.  There are too many damn fire emojis to tell.

Just now, Digby said:

Not that I expect the Magic to do it here, but every couple years it seems like teams try to bring back the mismatch, and every couple years they get shouted down by everyone because it doesn't work in professional basketball.

re: CHA, it's one of those things where the NBA boxscore-approved abbreviation doesn't match the cultural one. I still never like seeing POR for Portland, when everywhere else in the world uses PDX for that city and we manage just fine. Of course teams could just put on their city identifier or nickname and that solves a lot of problems at once. As usual this team is oblivious; "Charlotte Hornets" in purple and teal is one of the best brands this league has to offer, and everyone besides the team seems to recognize that. Buzz City Black!

Maybe I'm having an old-man-yells-at-cloud moment, but the resolute squandering of great NBA looks disgusts me. 

~~ IN ORLANDO MAGIC HQ ~~

DESIGNER:  Gentlemen, the Magic brand has some great attributes I'd like to use:  Blue, silver, black, stars, pinstripes, unique non-animal name, perfect sponsor, obvious nostalgia inspiration to rely on.  I think we have a lot of room to be creative here.

EXECS:  Put the black stripey squares on the side and give the blue jersey the black shorts and stuff just mix em up and no stripes those didn't test well and no Disney ties at all because that's old and we're all about the new and just make it weird because kids are stupid

twitter

48 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Not as bad as, spacer.png

At least this hawks uniforms used the same template as each other. That Magic pic looks like they dug in the lost and found and pulled out the the first things they saw.

Orlando Magic Unveil New Blue Statement Uniform

October 1, 2019 - 16:07 PM

The Orlando Magic have unveiled a new blue “Statement” (alternate) uniform for the 2019-20 season. No pinstripes on the base of the jersey gives it a more clean look overall, the pinstripes aren’t forgotten entirely, making an appearance on a […]

Read More...

Orlando needs to drop the edgy cosplay and just look FUN again. They're trying so hard to look like a team not named "Magic" and it's just never worked. Combine this monstrosity with the coming orange nightmare and it really feels like they're hitting a full-on identity crisis. 

spacer.png

Here’s the Blazers’ uniform breakdown:

Home:

Association (White) : 13 times

Icon (Black): 2 times

Statement (TBD- likely red): 7 times

City (TBD- I’m guessing white): 13 times

Classic (red): 6 times

Away:

Association: 3 times

Icon: 12 times

Statement: 6 times

City: 7 times

Classic: 13 times

Assuming the Blazers’ City Edition will be white (which it seems like it will be based on some of their opponents’ uniform choices in the games they’re wearing the City set), the Blazers will be wearing white in 26 of their home games and only 10 times on the road. On the road they’ll either be in their Icon or Classic sets for 25 of the 41 road games. All told their City set will be worn the most, with 20 games, while their Classic Edition will be worn 19 times (and also for their first preseason game at the VMC). The Association set will be worn 15 times, and the Icon set will get 14 games. The new Statement set, which’ll likely be red again, will be worn 13 times. Based on all of this data, and especially how frequently it’ll be worn, I’m thinking the new City set will be somewhat similar to their original Rip City uniforms:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

16 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

Has there ever been a case in the NBA, or any other pro league for that matter, where players outright refused to play for their teams due to how awful the uniforms were? I feel like now would be a good start.

The average annual NBA salary is $6.4M. Which makes the average gameday pay at around $78K.

Nobody is going to refuse the opportunity to make $78K in one day because of not wearing a uniform for about 3 hours. 

Go A's!

9 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

The average annual NBA salary is $6.4M. Which makes the average gameday pay at around $78K.

Nobody is going to refuse the opportunity to make $78K in one day because of not wearing a uniform for about 3 hours. 

Tongue-in-cheek, my man. Tongue-in-cheek.

4 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

There are a lot of Magic fans on Twitter and Facebook that are praising this look...

They're not horrible. I think more than anything just a bit too creatively overdesigned.

2 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

I love that they brought the stars back to the shorts, but it looks like they forgot to drag them all the way to the bottom before clicking Save.

I wonder how much of that is because of that weird cut on the Nike shorts template? 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, kimball said:

They're not horrible. I think more than anything just a bit too creatively overdesigned.

I wonder how much of that is because of that weird cut on the Nike shorts template? 

Using the Bulls' primary shorts design as a barometer, I think the stars could survive the Nike cut. If anything, they might need to push them back slightly to work within the template, but I think that's the only adjustment that would be needed. This makes me want to pick up a more recent copy of NBA 2K. I've read that their jersey creator actually utilizes the Nike template now.

23 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

Using the Bulls primary shorts design as a barometer, I think the stars could survive the Nike cut. If anything, they might need to push them back slightly to work within the template, but I think that's the only adjustment that would be needed. This makes me want to pick up a more recent copy of NBA 2K. I've read that their jersey creator actually utilizes the Nike template now.

They did that last year with the blue Classics, right?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, phutmasterflex said:

Tell that to Chris Sale. 

Archived