NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

I'm going to feel the same way if Houston wears those red throwbacks in Orlando. Still chaps me that Orlando didn't net a single win in that series.

I just checked Lockervison and the Rockets are indeed wearing the classic in Orlando!

spacer.png

To piggyback off of @upperV03, here is the full Magic schedule:

Home:

Association (White): 9 times

Icon (Black): 10 times

Statement (Blue): 8 times

City (TBD, some combination of grey and/or orange): 14 times

Away:

Association: 16 times

Icon: 15 times

Statement: 8 times

City: 2 times

The Magic will wear both the home whites and away blacks (ugh) more times away than at home. The new blue trash will be worn 16 times too many, while the grey and orange City jersey will be the most frequent look at home. Houston will wear their classics against us, which is great for a good-looking matchup but sucks for fans old enough to remember the 94 Finals, a group which I am pretty clearly not a member of.

ExJworW.png

22 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

EFtmTXrXkAAuyP3?format=jpg&name=large

After seeing the shorts again. I like it. But the side panels on the jersey tho are like WTF??

It seems that Orlando is always on the verge of getting it right yet, they miss the mark time and time again. What's the point of the side panels on top? It's very random and it doesn't fit the shorts (which are great). They should have added more on the side or something...

30 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Nike's cut is dumb anyway. Shorts are a very old and simple concept but suddenly Nike decided they needed arbitrary tiny triangles cut out of them. 

The cuts in the short actually do allow for less restrictive movement of your legs. The short no longer gets caught on your knee. I own a pair of Oregon fan shorts but they have that same cut and I do notice that is different. From a design standpoint though they are restrictive and I dislike them for that.

1 hour ago, JPDesign said:

OKC would beg to differ.

Oh yeah, them. They get a pass too. I guess since it's their logo I don't think of it in the same light as the other abbreviated monstorities. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Celtics Breakdowns if anyone is keeping score at home:

Home:

Association-20

Icon-2

Statement-9

City-10

Home:

Association-11

Icon-15

Statement-8

City-7

Association total-31

Icon total-17

Statement total-17 (of jerseys released, they are wearing these vs. red twice and white 6 times)

City total- 17 (of jerseys released, they are wearing these vs. black once, gold once, and white 8 times)

Statement probably staying black. City won't be white, black, or gold, could be another green jersey. Hopefully nothing too wild.

Hornets Unveil New Purple Statement Uniform

October 1, 2019 - 20:35 PM

The Charlotte Hornets yesterday unveiled a new purple Statement uniform at their annual Media Day. With the team’s official abbreviation “CHA” across the chest in white, the uniform features teal striping around the collar and arms, as well as two […]

Read More...

That Magic jersey is a joke. Floating pinstripe boxes? Who thought that would look good?And the black pinstripes jerseys is much worse than the blue it’s replacing, especially since they made it so drab removing the blue side panels and white pinstripes.

The Hornets continue to disappoint in everything they do. You’d figure every once in a while they would make a good decision, but apparently not

07Giants.pngnyy.png

2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

The Magic already had a perfect jersey. Why not just make home/road versions of this?

os-sp-orlando-magic-space-jersey-1227

Well, for one, nothing but a logo on the front will always be terrible. Plus, while the galaxy print may look okay (at best) close up, it muddles from any distance and simply looks navy. 

ExJworW.png

43 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

Is there any u.s. sports league that changes their team uniforms more than the NBA? 

I would say MiLB does more, but nowadays ... I'm not sure?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

53 minutes ago, ror1997 said:

The Nets lockervision says their City + Statement jersey is white. So i guess we still don’t know what the Nets are doing there 

Every City and Statement jersey that hasn't been unveiled is a white box. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived