NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

So what ever happened to that mavs jersey with graffiti? When will we see it?

City Jerseys should be sometime in November I believe? 

16 minutes ago, jdthrillinger said:

Did Mizzou leak the new Spurs city Fiesta jersey?

Hide contents

EF4o593XkAADHQ0?format=jpg&name=large

Looks like fan art TBH. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Something I noticed on lockervision:

The Memphis Grizzlies won't be wearing a City edition this year???????????????

Gonna take another guess on the City Colors:

Boston Green (Red Auerbach inspired)

San Antonio Camouflage again (Military)

Indiana Gold (Honoring Reggie Miller)

Chicago Black & Blue (City Flag)

Charlotte White (Arena Nickname for Charlotte Coliseum)

Denver Claret (Honoring Denver Gold Strike in 1858)

Detroit White (Automobile Industry)

Houston White (50th Anniversary of NASA)

Sacramento Carolina Blue (Remixed version of previous sets)

Clippers Red (Straight Outta Compton)

Milwaukee Gold (Green Bay inspired)

Minnesota Royal Blue (30th Anniversary of Team Being in Minneapolis)

New Orleans White (Mardi Gras)

New York Navy w/Pinstripes (honoring the Yankees)

Philadelphia White (Ben Franklin inspired)

Phoenix Black (Arizona Desert Night Theme)

Portland Silver/Pabst Blue Ribbon Inspired (Honoring the Portland Hipsters)

Toronto Black (We The North but Red Instead of Gold)

Utah Red/Yellow/Orange (Utah Mountains but modified)

Washington White (Washington Monument Theme)

Ones for sure

Brooklyn White (Notorious B.I.G. version of last season)

Miami Crockett Blue (Miami Vice)

OKC Slate Gray (Oklahoma Memorial Museum)

Dallas Navy (Dallas neighborhood artwork)

Lakers Gold (Wilt Chamberlin inspired)

Golden State Black (Oakland the Town)

Cleveland Navy (50th Anniversary of Club)

Atlanta Peach (Georgia Peaches)

Orlando Orange (Florida Orange Groves)

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here it is:

Not a Nets Fan, but the Jersey is great except for two things.

1. The numbers should fit the font used. That's a minor gripe since it's a one year uni but I'm glad that they went to a local artist to do their uniform that also fits the current nets brand.

2. The bigger issue should be the "infor" ad patch. That ad patch in my opinion has always kept the Nets uniform sets from being great. I wish the Nets told infor to change their logo for their jerseys so that its less intrusive but will still pop out. At least its not as bad as the Love's patch for Oklahoma City...

I don't know ... I think the number font is fine. It ties it in with the Nets identity and restrains the design a bit whereas graffiti font and numbers would muddle it a bit?

I just wish there was black outline around the number to match the one around the wordmark. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I think the Nike experience is showing there's really only so much you can do with a basketball jersey. Like, I guess in the abstract the BKLYN jersey looks cool, but it feels more like it was done to do it rather than in response to a desire from the Nets fanbase.

Nike has created the expectation of new uniforms for each NBA team each season, which is good if they lead to something great (like the Utah Jazz), but bad if they lead to something bad (like forcing the Jazz to retire their clearly-beloved jersey).

I'd like the City and Statement program more if teams could opt out.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

30 minutes ago, cwilz305 said:

Not a Nets Fan, but the Jersey is great except for two things.

1. The numbers should fit the font used. That's a minor gripe since it's a one year uni but I'm glad that they went to a local artist to do their uniform that also fits the current nets brand.

2. The bigger issue should be the "infor" ad patch. That ad patch in my opinion has always kept the Nets uniform sets from being great. I wish the Nets told infor to change their logo for their jerseys so that its less intrusive but will still pop out. At least its not as bad as the Love's patch for Oklahoma City...

The Infor patch integration is one of the weakest parts of their uniforms. If they could just take that clunky box out and display the text by itself, it wouldn't be nearly as disruptive, but it looks like the box is a part of their logo. After a bit of Googling, I've seen more instances of the Infor logo with the box than without.

Looks like the Blazers may have prematurely posted a shot of their updated Statement jersey on this webpage:

https://www.nba.com/blazers/uniforms

spacer.png

It’s the same basic design but with the word mark and number switched from black to white (the latter having a thin black outline), and a thin white stripe added to the top of the sash. I’d say the addition of white makes this a slight improvement, but I’m a bit disappointed they didn’t change more of the design. At the very least I think they should’ve added some white to the collar and armhole trim, and made the swoosh white to match the Biofreeze ad.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

Is there a reason that Nike doesn't add borders to the team name wordmark to match the numbers?

So they can add the border the following year to pass it off as a new uniform?

kimball banner.png

58 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Looks like the Blazers may have prematurely posted a shot of their updated Statement jersey on this webpage:

https://www.nba.com/blazers/uniforms

spacer.png

It’s the same basic design but with the word mark and number switched from black to white (the latter having a thin black outline), and a thin white stripe added to the top of the sash. I’d say the addition of white makes this a slight improvement, but I’m a bit disappointed they didn’t change more of the design. At the very least I think they should’ve added some white to the collar and armhole trim, and made the swoosh white to match the Biofreeze ad.

Small but Huge upgrade!!

shado_logo.gif

Archived