NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

5 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

I hate every individual design element here. Hate the graffiti wordmark, hate the gray, hate the asterisk looking stars. Yet for some reason I love this uniform. Somehow it all works together. spacer.png

I really like everything they did here except for the wordmark. Obviously the graffiti-inspired art direction is a great idea but the execution makes it feel too corny to me. It reminds me of something that AND1 would have made in the 2000's. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, henburg said:

I really like everything they did here except for the wordmark. Obviously the graffiti-inspired art direction is a great idea but the execution makes it feel too corny to me. It reminds me of something that AND1 would have made in the 2000's. 

spacer.png

same. outlining the numbers and matching them to the wordmark (and a better graf style) would've sealed this for me. crazy thing is, i wrote graffiti before anything else and i so badly want this to work but the style is superrrrrrr generic. i get that it's easier to template / read for people unfamiliar with the form but it's so blah to me.

i like what Flatbush&Atlantic (dude who designs bootleg Nets fan merch) did in making the wordmark more intricate (not dissimilar theoretically to say, the dodgers script) and matching the numbers:

EF-2FjsXkAIVPD5?format=jpg&name=mediumEF-2FjqWkAoLe4Q?format=jpg&name=medium

overall, the original is still a nice uni. the handstyle stars and the herringbone layered underneath on the side panels is pretty damn beautiful. but there was more to be done there. the more i see it the more i thin this uni will look the best on the grey court. i could see this becoming their playoff uniform the way the grey alts did that first jason kidd year.

4 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Boston Green (Red Auerbach inspired)

San Antonio Camouflage again (Military)

Indiana Gold (Honoring Reggie Miller)

Chicago Black & Blue (City Flag)

Charlotte White (Arena Nickname for Charlotte Coliseum)

Denver Claret (Honoring Denver Gold Strike in 1858)

Detroit White (Automobile Industry)

Houston White (50th Anniversary of NASA)

Sacramento Carolina Blue (Remixed version of previous sets)

Clippers Red (Straight Outta Compton)

Milwaukee Gold (Green Bay inspired)

Minnesota Royal Blue (30th Anniversary of Team Being in Minneapolis)

New Orleans White (Mardi Gras)

New York Navy w/Pinstripes (honoring the Yankees)

Philadelphia White (Ben Franklin inspired)

Phoenix Black (Arizona Desert Night Theme)

Portland Silver/Pabst Blue Ribbon Inspired (Honoring the Portland Hipsters)

Toronto Black (We The North but Red Instead of Gold)

Utah Red/Yellow/Orange (Utah Mountains but modified)

Washington White (Washington Monument Theme)

Ones for sure

Brooklyn White (Notorious B.I.G. version of last season)

Miami Crockett Blue (Miami Vice)

OKC Slate Gray (Oklahoma Memorial Museum)

Dallas Navy (Dallas neighborhood artwork)

Lakers Gold (Wilt Chamberlin inspired)

Golden State Black (Oakland the Town)

Cleveland Navy (50th Anniversary of Club)

Atlanta Peach (Georgia Peaches)

Orlando Orange (Florida Orange Groves)

Of the "guesses," you've got 9 main colors correct and of the "for sure" section, you've got 6 correct.

53 minutes ago, TJKiddsHead said:

same. outlining the numbers and matching them to the wordmark (and a better graf style) would've sealed this for me. crazy thing is, i wrote graffiti before anything else and i so badly want this to work but the style is superrrrrrr generic. i get that it's easier to template / read for people unfamiliar with the form but it's so blah to me.

i like what Flatbush&Atlantic (dude who designs bootleg Nets fan merch) did in making the wordmark more intricate (not dissimilar theoretically to say, the dodgers script) and matching the numbers:

EF-2FjsXkAIVPD5?format=jpg&name=mediumEF-2FjqWkAoLe4Q?format=jpg&name=medium

overall, the original is still a nice uni. the handstyle stars and the herringbone layered underneath on the side panels is pretty damn beautiful. but there was more to be done there. the more i see it the more i thin this uni will look the best on the grey court. i could see this becoming their playoff uniform the way the grey alts did that first jason kidd year.

Yea man I was gonna say I'd love to see some full graffiti concepts for this.  That BKLYN text is a bit messy for me but something close to that.

I also discovered the Nets subway uniform concept someone did, I love that look too.  I'd like some Nets gear in the subway font.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

7 hours ago, andregunts said:

I dont give a damn what any of you think, I love it 

spacer.png

Jersey is uuughly. And I say that as native Brooklyander.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

So going through the Bucks jersey schedule, we wear our city jersey against blue, red, black, & purple uniforms so it can't be any of those colors and needs to clash so something like cream or yellow again? Maybe white, lime green, orange, grey? 

Also is it confirmed the NBA scrapped the earned jerseys this year? 

11 hours ago, cwilz305 said:

Not a Nets Fan, but the Jersey is great except for two things.

1. The numbers should fit the font used. That's a minor gripe since it's a one year uni but I'm glad that they went to a local artist to do their uniform that also fits the current nets brand.

2. The bigger issue should be the "infor" ad patch. That ad patch in my opinion has always kept the Nets uniform sets from being great. I wish the Nets told infor to change their logo for their jerseys so that its less intrusive but will still pop out. At least its not as bad as the Love's patch for Oklahoma City...

Statement jerseys are on 2 year rotations not 1 like city jerseys

8 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Less than a month until these get worn on a BLACK AND GREY STREET COURT DESIGN!!!  I can't wait. 

I'm a little worried the grey jerseys might get a little lost on that court, though the white and black jerseys should look great.

I don't mind the number font thing; in fact I prefer it this way. I think in this current era of a million different ideas being thrown against the wall, keeping a consistent number font across jerseys that otherwise don't look like a set is one way to make a team continue looking like themselves.

7 hours ago, dont care said:

Statement jerseys are on 2 year rotations not 1 like city jerseys

But everything we've heard suggests that many teams are keeping their Statement jerseys for at least a 3rd year this coming season, so that much is still TBD.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived