kimball

NBA Changes 2019-20

Recommended Posts

A lot of white uniforms for the home teams last night. Is white at home (at least some of the time) returning for a majority of NBA teams? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Brandon9485 said:

A lot of white uniforms for the home teams last night. Is white at home (at least some of the time) returning for a majority of NBA teams? 

 

No. The preseason uniform assignments, at least in my experience, have generally been more sensible than the mess we see during the regular season. It'll be business as usual once the season starts: Lakers and Bulls wearing gold and white, respectively, for a substantial chunk of their road games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Wizards’ new Statement set is just the old navy set with the District wordmark:

Nothing says DC quite like ‘Look at the new statement, it’s barely different from the old statement’. Appropriate, in a way 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

Nothing says DC quite like ‘Look at the new statement, it’s barely different from the old statement’. Appropriate, in a way 

Only if there was a pile of burning money behind it that was used for the change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dont care said:

Only if there was a pile of burning money behind it that was used for the change.

The money is being provided by the fans who will buy this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Wizards’ new Statement set is just the old navy set with the District wordmark:

 

ok, we officially now need a dislike button on this site 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wizards Unveil New, Blue “District” Statement Uniform

October 8, 2019 - 17:05 PM

The Washington Wizards today unveiled their new blue “Statement” uniforms via their official Twitter account. Like their “City” Edition uniform of the last couple of seasons, the uniform features their secondary “District” branding across the front rather than the actual […]

Read More...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Wizards need a complete visual overhaul. THIS is what they come up with when they are asked to think out of the box? They're lucky they're in the same league as the Mavs because otherwise they would have the most boring identity in the league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For as boring as these are, the City unis better be white and pink for the cherry blossoms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

I think the Wizards need a complete visual overhaul. THIS is what they come up with when they are asked to think out of the box? They're lucky they're in the same league as the Mavs because otherwise they would have the most boring identity in the league

I always thought Leonsis was purposely doing this to justify renaming the team back to the Bullets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love it if they went back to their Bullets moniker, but I'd be surprised if that even happened considering the current political climate. Even after 22 years, the Wizards nickname still hasn't caught on with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

669201132.jpg&w=1484

They need to bring these back. These were gold!

 

For as popular as these were I've been really surprised that they haven't returned either as is ... or in red or blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imo that’s the best jersey they’ve had since being Bullets. This should inspire their next set. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

 

No. The preseason uniform assignments, at least in my experience, have generally been more sensible than the mess we see during the regular season. It'll be business as usual once the season starts: Lakers and Bulls wearing gold and white, respectively, for a substantial chunk of their road games.

 

Funny you mention the Lakers, since they stupidly wore gold against Golden State (in white) on Saturday:

 

Lakers-Warriors-Basketball-1.jpg?w=1400p

 

Each team is wearing its best uniform, but that doesn't change that the Lakers really shouldn't be in yellow on the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wizards could improve the look by removing "of Columbia" on the bottom of the mark. 

 

Just go with "The District".....

 

Or even better...lol...Drop the "the". Just "District". It's cleaner.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

The ad patch is loud. Yikes. 

 

 

It's terribly distracting, but I can't even tell what it's supposed to say so that makes it easier to ignore for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lebron is on a mission to ruin another team. First was wearing yellow on the road, before that it was going from gold to bananas in pajamas yellow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It happened again. Neutral court. Red vs black

spacer.png

 

From a distance or watching from a bar, it’s taking way too long to figure how who is who. 
 

Red vs black and black vs white will be the most common matchups again this year. Sad times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.