NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

7 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

The black jerseys are beautiful and should be a regular in their rotation. 

I think this is my issue with it. Why not keep THAT jersey in the rotation why cycle through 3-4 differing colorings of the same template?

If Nike and the NBA are insistent on a rotating cycle of jerseys they need to slow it down a bit. Icon and Association should have a minimum and optional cycle of 5 years, Statement jerseys a minimum of 3 years with an opt in to keep the design (there's no need to change just to change) and City Jerseys should be a minimum of 2 years.

The current cycle of Statement jerseys changing every two and city every season is too much. It was KINDA fun at first ... but, why change something that works so quickly?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, kimball said:

I think this is my issue with it. Why not keep THAT jersey in the rotation why cycle through 3-4 differing colorings of the same template?

If Nike and the NBA are insistent on a rotating cycle of jerseys they need to slow it down a bit. Icon and Association should have a minimum and optional cycle of 5 years, Statement jerseys a minimum of 3 years with an opt in to keep the design (there's no need to change just to change) and City Jerseys should be a minimum of 2 years.

The current cycle of Statement jerseys changing every two and city every season is too much. It was KINDA fun at first ... but, why change something that works so quickly?

For Statement, I’m pretty sure you can change every 2 years, but you can keep it forever if you want to. But the City is forced to change every year, for some stupid reason.

da0Lbhs.png

49 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

For Statement, I’m pretty sure you can change every 2 years, but you can keep it forever if you want to. But the City is forced to change every year, for some stupid reason.

You can get an exception to wear city jerseys for 2 years like Utah did.

On 10/11/2019 at 10:33 AM, Shadojoker said:

Scroll back a few pages...it's been discussed fam. 

Pacers Statement jersey has been revealed 

pacers-19-20_statement_uni_760x480.png?c

pacers-19-20_statement_uni.jpg

Here is the press release. Don't know how to imbedd twitter. 

https://www.nba.com/pacers/news/refreshed-statement-uniform-showcases-pacers-history

Close.......... but no cigar? 🥴

So I like the direction; the Flo-Jos were cool. But I would makes some slights alterations:

1. The farm lines, prarie lines, sun rays whatever they are, are not needed. But it they do remain, the opacity of them should be lowered.

2. The number should be moved to all the way to the right like the original flo-jos.

3. The jersey font (Indiana, the number (perhaps)) should italicized.

All that to say, this and the other statement/pride (whatever its called) should be the basis of the uniforms not that old circular basketball hoosiers garbage they got now.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

1 hour ago, dont care said:

You can get an exception to wear city jerseys for 2 years like Utah did.

Is that from the league or Nike that you'd get an exception/waiver?

It blows my mind that teams can't just do what they want. Make a city an assocation or whatever the heck they want to call these things. Turn a really popular statement into an icon. They're boxing themselves in with these names.  Can earned designs not ever be used again? Why can't popular statements just STAY as statements?

Back in the late 90s, 4-5 teams had alternate or third jerseys. Some worked. Others didn't. Teams evolved. Now they have time limits on jersey sets? I don't get it. 

It feels like Nike has a new design quota they need to meet every years. It's a crappy situation. Change for change sake. 

1 minute ago, MattMill said:

Is that from the league or Nike that you'd get an exception/waiver?

It blows my mind that teams can't just do what they want. Make a city an assocation or whatever the heck they want to call these things. Turn a really popular statement into an icon. They're boxing themselves in with these names.  Can earned designs not ever be used again? Why can't popular statements just STAY as statements?

Back in the late 90s, 4-5 teams had alternate or third jerseys. Some worked. Others didn't. Teams evolved. Now they have time limits on jersey sets? I don't get it. 

It feels like Nike has a new design quota they need to meet every years. It's a crappy situation. 

I think they just go to Nike and go “we don’t want a new city jersey and liked the last one and want to keep it” and that’s it.

7 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Oh come on, you know what the reason is.  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

Loving the new Mavericks court. It’s definitely a lot sleeker and not as “in your face” from last year. The contrast between the inside arc and outside looks great too. Also like the big logo. And thank goodness they finally changed the lighting it looks so much better and even better on this new darker court. Surprisingly the American Airlines logo looks kinda good too 

IMG-7122.gif

17 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Exactly, I remember Jazz was probably the first team who informed about that and then.....they didn't changed anything.

Now after two seasons they might have a new "City".

4r2eer.png

23 hours ago, kimball said:

I hate to admit this ... but, the whole Miami Vice thing is growing stale. 

I think they should have rebranded completely to the vice look. They already have ready-to-go black/white/pink/blue shirts and people clearly love the look.

There have been other instances where an alt replaced the regular look; the Dallas Stars immediately come to mind but I'm sure there are others.

There's nothing inherently wrong with the red/yellow/black Heat. The Vice look is just better.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

52 minutes ago, mgfoxx said:

I'm always fascinated when teams do this. One that comes to mind is the sophomore Grizzlies set.spacer.png

The font, the color scheme of this black Grizzlies jersey is top 10 all time in my book. The collar color combination, the outline on the wordmark and numbers, the stripe and logo on the shorts.

And it looked good on TV!

antonio-daniels-the-vancouver-grizzlies-

giphy.gif

shado_logo.gif

Archived