NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Other side has the team logo and that's it.

eqPNcpe.png

Ah alright, thanks. I was mainly just curious to see if they were keeping that little stripe block on the left side or if they were switching to a full vertical stripe on the shorts. Not surprised to see them just keep the basic shorts design the same but add in the white like on the jersey.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 10/11/2019 at 7:33 AM, Shadojoker said:

Scroll back a few pages...it's been discussed fam. 

Pacers Statement jersey has been revealed 

pacers-19-20_statement_uni_760x480.png?c

pacers-19-20_statement_uni.jpg

Here is the press release. Don't know how to imbedd twitter. 

https://www.nba.com/pacers/news/refreshed-statement-uniform-showcases-pacers-history

Really hope the ‘earned’ version of this jersey is blue and yellow and not white cause this jersey is legit dope. They could make this a primary later on

4 hours ago, TheFallenHaveRisen said:

the Heat need to accept the superiority of the Vice color scheme and leave their previous branding behind, used for throwbacks when appropriate

Respectfully, no.  In my humble opinion this is a common fallacy. 

The Heat have an established brand and color scheme.  That brand and color scheme is strong, insomuch as Red and black with yellow is evocative of the Sun and fire in general.  In addition, they've won three titles in two different eras and were competitive in another earlier era with essentially the same look.  Recently they've developed another look that everyone appreciates and enjoys.  This is wonderful for them as a brand as they can roll out the Vice look on special occasions and not abandon their legacy, similar to Notre Dame wearing green and gold every once in a while.

What would happen if the Heat could magically change their uniforms to full time Vice starting tomorrow?

A. Their championship legacy would be cast aside

B. The Vice look would cease to be special

C. In very short order, they would tire of the Vice look and try something else.  Then five years would pass and they'd try something else with a new color scheme and new styling along the lines of whatever the design fad of the day happened to be.  And then after a decade, they'd consider going back to the original look for a while, but maybe with a new modern twist.  In the meantime, the Miami Heat who once had a strong brand recognition among NBA fans would've been transformed into one of those marginal teams who are always retooling their look like the Grizzlies or the Jazz or the Bucks.

1 hour ago, d11king said:

Really hope the ‘earned’ version of this jersey is blue and yellow and not white cause this jersey is legit dope. They could make this a primary later on

There aren’t earned jerseys for this season.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 10/11/2019 at 11:47 AM, ThunderCeltic said:

Also lets talk more about these City edition uniforms. Conrad says I keep getting better on the guesses:

Boston Green: Red Auerbach inspired

Philadelphia White: tribute to the baseline court of the Spectrum

Toronto: Gold and Black "We The North"

New York Navy: New York Skyline theme similar to last year but modified

Washington White: White House inspired

Charlotte: White Version of Buzz City

Atlanta Black and Peach: Georgia Peach Theme

Orlando Dark Gray and Orange: Florida Orange Grove Inspired

Chicago Black and Blue: Another City Flag edition

Milwaukee: Cream colored to again honor the breweries of Milwaukee

Cleveland Navy and Gold: 50th anniversary in Cleveland

Detroit Black: Bad Boy Inspired

Indiana Royal Blue: Reggie Miller inspired

San Antonio Black: Fiesta colors

Houston White: Honoring NASA

New Orelans: White Mardi Gras

Memphis: NONE WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denver: Gold Rainbow Fauxbacks similar to the ones worn from 2012-2017 pre NIKE

Utah: Modified Utah Mountain Range set

Portland: White honoring the Portland Hipsters/Millenials/Craft Beer crew

Minnesota: Sky Blue honoring the original Lakers

Sacramento Red: 80's style fauxback since red is one of the default colors on team accessories in 2k20

Phoenix Black: Arizona Nighttime Desert theme

Clippers White: Straight Outta Compton

Ones for sure

OKC Dark Gray: Oklahoma Memorial Museum and and honoring the victims of the 1995 Bombing

Lakers: Gold honoring Wilt Chamberlin

Dallas Royal and Navy Blue: Honoring Dallas neighborhood art work

Miami Crockett Blue Miami Vice

Brooklyn: White version of last years set honoring Notorious B.I.G.

Golden State Black: The Town Oakland inspired

lol, these city uniforms are starting to feel like second grade class project where the teacher asks all the kids to write about their families 

“For my project i made it gummy bear themed because my mommy’s favorite candy growing up was gummy bears” 

“for my project i drew a picture of a car because my grandpa was a mechanic”

7 hours ago, d11king said:

thats my other issue with them introducing new statement and city jerseys all the time. teams are wasting really good jerseys because they have to replace their alternates every year. 

for example The Nets black coogi jersey was awesome last year. i don’t think they can ever use it again though based off the NBA’s rule of going back to retired jerseys. 

3 hours ago, ror1997 said:

i don’t think they can ever use it again though based off the NBA’s rule of going back to retired jerseys. 

I wouldn’t say that’s necessarily a rule in today’s NBA when there’s money to be had. But, I agree with the sediment. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

14 minutes ago, Hoopskid said:

Put together a summary of what's been confirmed to date. I'm assuming Miami and Memphis will carry over from last year. There's probably a handful of other teams or even all the remaining TBD that will likely carry over from last year.

48891721898_795c7327af_o.png2019statement

You can add the Blazers’ updated Statement jersey to that:

spacer.png
The team hasn’t officially released it, but it’s on the team’s webpage and now in 2K20, so it’s definitely real.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 hours ago, Hoopskid said:

Put together a summary of what's been confirmed to date. I'm assuming Miami and Memphis will carry over from last year. There's probably a handful of other teams or even all the remaining TBD that will likely carry over from last year.

The Pistons already confirmed that the *sigh* chrome statement uniforms were coming back this year too. The Pelicans and Jazz are also bringing back last seasons statements.

8 hours ago, upperV03 said:

You can add the Blazers’ updated Statement jersey to that:

spacer.png
The team hasn’t officially released it, but it’s on the team’s webpage and now in 2K20, so it’s definitely real.

Ah lame, the one from the past few seasons is way better.

8 hours ago, Hoopskid said:

All of the ones listed TBD are not changing except for the Blazers as stated. They're all in NBA 2K20.

bSLCtu2.png

41 minutes ago, Froob said:

Ah lame, the one from the past few seasons is way better.

I disagree. The old ones badly needed some white to provide some contrast, and this updated version does just that. I just wish they went a step further and added some white to the collar and armhole trim to make it a more cohesive look overall.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I disagree. The old ones badly needed some white to provide some contrast, and this updated version does just that. I just wish they went a step further and added some white to the collar and armhole trim to make it a more cohesive look overall.

Old one was pretty unique, I thought it was a fun new look. The red is fine but nothing special.

On 10/11/2019 at 2:32 PM, Teal said:

Black. 

If the Celtics City jerseys were black then this matchup wouldn't make much sense-

spacer.png

I'm guessing the black jersey you've seen might be the statement? They're only slated to wear their statements vs white and red jerseys so far.

EDIT after more research- Black statement jersey from last year is available for purchase with new Celtic Kemba Walker's name & number, so I'm guessing they'll just be keeping that design.

1 hour ago, eRay said:

If the Celtics City jerseys were black then this matchup wouldn't make much sense-

spacer.png

I'm guessing the black jersey you've seen might be the statement? They're only slated to wear their statements vs white and red jerseys so far.

It's possible. I will double check and inform back. 

Jaguars

Archived