NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Because the Clippers aren't Compton. At best, the Clippers are Marina del Rey. You can say the Lakers are Hollywood, and they certainly are from their profile, but they're also Compton, Inglewood, the South Bay, Glendale, East LA, etc. The Clippers, by virtue of being the freaking Clippers for the last 30+ years, just aren't any of that.

Got it. The Clippers aren’t allowed to represent any part of the city they play for. Very smart logic. 

1 hour ago, Shadojoker said:

EG3sOG5XkAUWj9C?format=jpg&name=small

https://mobile.twitter.com/DetPistonsFR/status/1183862006954242048

According to Pistons France twitter.. the City uniform will be red Motor City.

Meh

I liked the Gray and Navy ones they had the past few seasons, but i like that they kept a motor city jersey. it’s better than another navy jersey. 

46 minutes ago, Froob said:

This is nice. Great to see red back.

Another one I got right. In one of my guesses I asked if Detroit would be red so this confirms it. I like it better than the previous two sets. All Pistons City editions (18/19/20) were done to honor the Automobile industry and blue collar ethic of Detroit. Similar to the 17-18 Cleveland Gray City set that honored Cleveland's blue collar ethic.

Also NBA 2k20 had an in game update that now has the Pacers Yellow Statement uniform. Only statement missing is New York's.

So another guess at some upcoming City edition sets:

Boston Green: For Red Auerbach

Philadelphia White: Honoring the Spectrum

New York Navy: New York Skyline modified from last season's set

Toronto Gold: We The North

Washington White: White House inspired similar to the Washington Monument 17-18 set

Charlotte White: Buzz City Charlotte Coliseum nickname

Atlanta Black & Peach: State nickname

Orlando Dark Gray & Orange: Florida Sun Grove

Chicago Black & Blue: City Flag modified

Cleveland Navy: 50th Anniversary of being in Cleveland

Milwaukee Cream: Honoring Schlitz/Pabst/Miller similar to 17-18 set but modiefied

Indian Royal Blue: Reggie Miller Rookie Year Fauxback

Denver Gold: Rocky Mountain Fauxback similar to 2012-2018 Statement set

Utah Gold: Mountain Range modified

Portland White: Hipster/Millenial/Craft Beer inspired similar to previous 18-19 sets

Minnesota Carolina Blue: Honoring original Lakers

Phoenix Black: Arizona Nighttime Desert theme

Sacramento Red: Fauxback from previous sets but Red

Dallas Royal & Navy: Honoring Dallas Neighborhood Artwork

San Antonio Black: Fiesta Colors

Houston White: Honoring NASA

New Orleans White: Mardis Gras

MEMPHIS NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ones for Sure

Brooklyn White version of last season's set honoring Notorious B.I.G.

Detroit Red: Motor City Automobile Industry (also many Pistons fans have been begging for Red)

Miami Crockett Blue Miami Vice

Oklahoma City Slate Gray: Honoring 25th Anniversary of OKC Bombing

Lakers Gold: Honoring Wilt Chamberlin

Clippers White: Straight Outta Compton honoring inner city L.A. and opposing Hollywood/Lakers

Golden State Black: The Town honoring Oakland

48 minutes ago, ror1997 said:

I liked the Gray and Navy ones they had the past few seasons, but i like that they kept a motor city jersey. it’s better than another navy jersey. 

Last season was brutal. The other non sleeved and the original chrome were nice tho.

3 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

EG3sOG5XkAUWj9C?format=jpg&name=small

https://mobile.twitter.com/DetPistonsFR/status/1183862006954242048

According to Pistons France twitter.. the City uniform will be red Motor City.

Meh

I don't know. As a piston fan who has been dying for the return of a red jersey, this almost seems too good to be true. No gray? No knock off Raiders logo?

4 hours ago, ror1997 said:

Got it. The Clippers aren’t allowed to represent any part of the city they play for. Very smart logic. 

Yup. That's exactly what I said. You got it. Nailed on the head. 🙄 Thanks for playing.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

9 hours ago, JELKK said:

I don't know. As a piston fan who has been dying for the return of a red jersey, this almost seems too good to be true. No gray? No knock off Raiders logo?

Lol it really is. I wish teams used their alts to use their full color palette instead of using black and weird colors (like the Celtics could use gold instead of black although I don’t have a problem with the Celtics black because we don’t have many colors).

I guess the Clippers must have two black jerseys now? I wish they’d get rid of the statement and make a red jersey.

10 hours ago, JELKK said:

I feel as if we're being teased. A red Pistons jersey that makes good use of the Motor City nickname? Check. The NBA logo back on the front where it belongs? Check. 

Pistons fans will probably just get a brown and gray jersey with Nike speak thrown in:

"The brown represents the grease that bleeds through the silver skin of Detroit's auto mechanics."

16 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

I feel as if we're being teased. A red Pistons jersey that makes good use of the Motor City nickname? Check. The NBA logo back on the front where it belongs? Check. 

You're correct to be wary. That image is not representative of the design.

Clippers Unveil New City Uniform for 2019-20

October 16, 2019 - 18:58 PM

The Los Angeles Clippers (or LA Clippers, as they prefer to be called) unveiled their new “City Edition” uniform yesterday via their appearance on the cover of Sports Illustrated’s 2019-20 NBA Preview magazine. With an overall black-and-white appearance designed in […]

Read More...

Archived