NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Denver_The_Sinaloa said:

why do the Lakers get to be both? I hope the Clippers succeed in making the Lakers the country club kids and the Clippers the urban city slickers

Will never happen.

The Clippers are more suburban than anything. 

EDIT: And the Lakers get to be both because that’s just how it is. Los Angeles is a Lakers and Dodgers town. Always will be. 

There is enough space for the Clippers to thrive, but they’ll never surpass the Lakers in any part of the city and surrounding county in terms of support. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

17 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Will never happen.

The Clippers are more suburban than anything. 

EDIT: And the Lakers get to be both because that’s just how it is. Los Angeles is a Lakers and Dodgers town. Always will be. 

There is enough space for the Clippers to thrive, but they’ll never surpass the Lakers in any part of the city and surrounding county in terms of support. 

this isn’t a conversation about who’s the bigger team in LA. it’s about people saying the clippers don’t have the right to in corporate their city into their...city jerseys...

how are people going to say the clippers are never going to be the lakers, WHILE criticizing the Clippers for trying to do something the Lakers haven’t done 

seems like people just want to bash the clippers regardless of what they do. 

The Angels will always be THE California Angels. Case closed. Just like the Nationals should be the Washington Senators but I digress.

Anyway....

So Memphis are being rebels this year and rebelling against NIKE and Silver and don't want a City edition? Are they plotting with Adidas?

The New York Knicks are the only club in 2k20 not to have their new statement in. It should be in soon (hopefully).

Of the new Statement sets OKC/New York/Brooklyn/Phoenix/Golden State/Orlando were the only ones to change colors. The other clubs Portland/Dallas/Chicago/Milwaukee/Philadelphia/Washington/Charlotte kept their previous colors but just modified them.

Some City Editions I'm almost positive on:

Orlando Dark Gray & Orange

Atlanta Black & Peach

Charlotte White

Washington White

Milwaukee Cream

Portland White

Chicago Black & Blue

Dallas Navy & Royal

33 minutes ago, ThunderCeltic said:

The Angels will always be THE California Angels. Case closed. Just like the Nationals should be the Washington Senators but I digress.

Anyway....

So Memphis are being rebels this year and rebelling against NIKE and Silver and don't want a City edition? Are they plotting with Adidas?

The New York Knicks are the only club in 2k20 not to have their new statement in. It should be in soon (hopefully).

Of the new Statement sets OKC/New York/Brooklyn/Phoenix/Golden State/Orlando were the only ones to change colors. The other clubs Portland/Dallas/Chicago/Milwaukee/Philadelphia/Washington/Charlotte kept their previous colors but just modified them.

Some City Editions I'm almost positive on:

Orlando Dark Gray & Orange

Atlanta Black & Peach

Charlotte White

Washington White

Milwaukee Cream

Portland White

Chicago Black & Blue

Dallas Navy & Royal

Wolves baby blue. 

Jaguars

47 minutes ago, dont care said:

Memphis isn’t conspiring with adidas. They just said they didn’t want a city jersey which is their right as the client.

If that’s the case, I wish more teams would opt out. I think the whole City/Pride program is a stupid gimmick and very few teams do anything worthwhile with it.

8 hours ago, NicDB said:

The Bucks tweaked their black statement jersey. It now features the "Cream City Rainbow" from their old city jerseys.

spacer.png

They should ditch the black for their cream city jersey. I’d rather see a cool cursive word mark than the Bucks logo on it.

17 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

They ditched the Knicks colors awhile back for the uniforms so they shouldn't seem too out of place in the Barclays Center.

DSC_5442-750x400.jpg

1161510199.jpeg&c=sc&w=736&h=485

Those black jerseys are ugly and the logo on the stomach is tacky,

but i love the color on the green home jerseys. did they always do that? seems like an obvious choice but i feel like the only times i’ve seen the liberty on tv they were in white. 

15 minutes ago, ror1997 said:

Those black jerseys are ugly and the logo on the stomach is tacky,

but i love the color on the green home jerseys. did they always do that? seems like an obvious choice but i feel like the only times i’ve seen the liberty on tv they were in white. 

Believe they started doing that last season, when one of the many uniform gimmicks to distract from the ad patches was that there were no more white jerseys in WNBA at all I don't think... just a light team color and a dark team color.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

15 hours ago, ror1997 said:

this isn’t a conversation about who’s the bigger team in LA. it’s about people saying the clippers don’t have the right to in corporate their city into their...city jerseys...

how are people going to say the clippers are never going to be the lakers, WHILE criticizing the Clippers for trying to do something the Lakers haven’t done 

seems like people just want to bash the clippers regardless of what they do. 

My hope (and dream) is that the Clippers will make the Lakers irrelevant. Probably wouldn't happen like the past 30-40 years ... but ... seeing the Lakers suck has been fun.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, kimball said:

My hope (and dream) is that the Clippers will make the Lakers irrelevant. Probably wouldn't happen like the past 30-40 years ... but ... seeing the Lakers suck has been fun.

It's not out of the realm of possibility. The Lakers did make some good moves this offseason, but we don't know how durable LeBron and AD will be throughout the year. They're also in a historically cutthroat conference where sometimes winning 45-48 games still isn't enough to net you the 8th seed.

25 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

It's not out of the realm of possibility. The Lakers did make some good moves this offseason, but we don't know how durable LeBron and AD will be throughout the year. They're also in a historically cutthroat conference where sometimes winning 45-48 games still isn't enough to net you the 8th seed.

They also gave up a lot of younger players and draft picks this off season so they don't have a very promising future if this doesn't pan out

1 hour ago, Haz_Matt said:

They also gave up a lot of younger players and draft picks this off season so they don't have a very promising future if this doesn't pan out

True, but so did the Clips with getting Paul George from OKC. But, I think the difference will be the ownership. Ballmer is all in and passionate, he trusts his basketball people and hires smart people. The Busses ... um ... this offseason speaks for itself. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 hours ago, kimball said:

True, but so did the Clips with getting Paul George from OKC. But, I think the difference will be the ownership. Ballmer is all in and passionate, he trusts his basketball people and hires smart people. The Busses ... um ... this offseason speaks for itself. 

Difference also being the Clips had/have depth, Lakers don't

4 minutes ago, Haz_Matt said:

Difference also being the Clips had/have depth, Lakers don't

I like Lou Will, Montrezl and Pat Beverly. Your mileage may vary on Mo Harkless, JaMychel Green, and Landry Shamet.

Yeah, the Lakers are screwed if anything happens to LeBron or AD, but Danny Green, Avery Bradley, Jared Dudley, KCP, Quinn Cook and JaVale are all good. Dwight can be good, and people say nice things about Troy Daniels.

Also, if anything happens to PG -- with two bad shoulders -- and Kawhi -- who has a degenerative thigh condition -- the Clips don't look so good.

Regardless, the roster each team starts with isn't what they'll end with, so who knows.

To be on topic, the Lakers have better uniforms.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived