NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Digby said:

Believe they started doing that last season, when one of the many uniform gimmicks to distract from the ad patches was that there were no more white jerseys in WNBA at all I don't think... just a light team color and a dark team color.

wow that’s pretty drastic. i still like the green, but that definitely makes it feel less special. that’s also pretty dumb

36 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

I'm still in disgust the Lakers been ALWAYS wearing their gold unis on the road against Golden State. The Purple pops out so much better on the gold floor.

I’d like to see the Lakers return to tradition. Those white jerseys are popping when they’re a rarity.

1 hour ago, Shadojoker said:

I'm still in disgust the Lakers been ALWAYS wearing their gold unis on the road against Golden State. The Purple pops out so much better on the gold floor.

They’ll be in purple for both of their regular season games at Golden State. The Warriors will actually be in gold for both of those games, wearing the gold Statement set on 2/8 and the gold Classics on 2/27.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

True! The Lakers though need to get rid of the black on their current purple jerseys since it's inconsistent with their gold and white sets.

4 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

The uniform is fine, but damn the marketing-speak is contrived. 

Exactly.

However those jerseys are unimaginative trash. Should have done something different. Like orange. Sure they went 0-7 in them back in 2012, but that shouldn’t be an issue with THIS team.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 10/16/2019 at 7:52 PM, NunsDupreAllDay said:

For what it's worth, in 1984 the Clippers branded themselves as "the peoples' team" and charged their ticket prices at about half of what the Lakers did. 

The owner was evicting or not renting to minorities, so it wasn't worth much

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

21 minutes ago, kimball said:

Exactly.

However those jerseys are unimaginative trash. Should have done something different. Like orange. Sure they went 0-7 in them back in 2012, but that shouldn’t be an issue with THIS team.

Agree with the unimaginative trash part. However no Knick fan would dare want an orange uniform. The team is 0-9 all time in orange uniforms, they’re a curse. What I at least really want is a 90s throwback and/or a black statement uniform

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

Did someone mention that this jersey was floating around nba live mobile for a bit?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

31 minutes ago, mattr1198 said:

Agree with the unimaginative trash part. However no Knick fan would dare want an orange uniform. The team is 0-9 all time in orange uniforms, they’re a curse. What I at least really want is a 90s throwback and/or a black statement uniform

Why not a jersey that says “Knicks?” The summer league jerseys were cool.

2 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

Does anyone else hate the current iteration of Knicks home and away uniforms? To me they're so associated with losing and mediocrity. I wish they'd take the City Edition branding and run with it. spacer.png

No. Sorry but that's stupid. It's silly to assert changing because they are "associated with losing", like it's the fault of the uniforms that the team is losing. New uniforms don't change losing ways. Imagine if every losing team decide to change they're uniforms, not to mention ones with history and tradition as the Knicks.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived