kimball

NBA Changes 2019-20

Posted in the NBA season thread, but TNT can dump that shot clock on the court right now.

19 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Posted in the NBA season thread, but TNT can dump that shot clock on the court right now.

Came here to say this, it’s so unnecessary.

I can’t believe how much I hate GSW using the sans-serif name on back typeface. 

15 hours ago, Digby said:

Believe they started doing that last season, when one of the many uniform gimmicks to distract from the ad patches was that there were no more white jerseys in WNBA at all I don't think... just a light team color and a dark team color.

wow that’s pretty drastic. i still like the green, but that definitely makes it feel less special. that’s also pretty dumb

11 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Came here to say this, it’s so unnecessary.

I can’t believe NBC still has the green zone...that idea shouldn’t have made it past the hall of fame game.

I'm still in disgust the Lakers been ALWAYS wearing their gold unis on the road against Golden State. The Purple pops out so much better on the gold floor.

36 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

I'm still in disgust the Lakers been ALWAYS wearing their gold unis on the road against Golden State. The Purple pops out so much better on the gold floor.

I’d like to see the Lakers return to tradition. Those white jerseys are popping when they’re a rarity.

1 hour ago, Shadojoker said:

They’ll be in purple for both of their regular season games at Golden State. The Warriors will actually be in gold for both of those games, wearing the gold Statement set on 2/8 and the gold Classics on 2/27.

9 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

True! The Lakers though need to get rid of the black on their current purple jerseys since it's inconsistent with their gold and white sets.

On 10/18/2019 at 6:19 PM, deltarich87 said:

First look at the Kings throwback court

If only they'd put ARCO on that floor.

24 minutes ago, mgfoxx said:

spacer.pngStill no official unveiling 🤷‍♂️

They unveiled it earlier this morning:

The uniform is fine, but damn the marketing-speak is contrived. 

4 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

The uniform is fine, but damn the marketing-speak is contrived. 

Exactly.

However those jerseys are unimaginative trash. Should have done something different. Like orange. Sure they went 0-7 in them back in 2012, but that shouldn’t be an issue with THIS team.

On 10/16/2019 at 7:52 PM, NunsDupreAllDay said:

For what it's worth, in 1984 the Clippers branded themselves as "the peoples' team" and charged their ticket prices at about half of what the Lakers did. 

The owner was evicting or not renting to minorities, so it wasn't worth much

21 minutes ago, kimball said:

Exactly.

However those jerseys are unimaginative trash. Should have done something different. Like orange. Sure they went 0-7 in them back in 2012, but that shouldn’t be an issue with THIS team.

Agree with the unimaginative trash part. However no Knick fan would dare want an orange uniform. The team is 0-9 all time in orange uniforms, they’re a curse. What I at least really want is a 90s throwback and/or a black statement uniform

31 minutes ago, mattr1198 said:

Agree with the unimaginative trash part. However no Knick fan would dare want an orange uniform. The team is 0-9 all time in orange uniforms, they’re a curse. What I at least really want is a 90s throwback and/or a black statement uniform

Why not a jersey that says “Knicks?” The summer league jerseys were cool.

Does anyone else hate the current iteration of Knicks home and away uniforms? To me they're so associated with losing and mediocrity. I wish they'd take the City Edition branding and run with it. spacer.png

2 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

Does anyone else hate the current iteration of Knicks home and away uniforms? To me they're so associated with losing and mediocrity. I wish they'd take the City Edition branding and run with it. spacer.png

No. Sorry but that's stupid. It's silly to assert changing because they are "associated with losing", like it's the fault of the uniforms that the team is losing. New uniforms don't change losing ways. Imagine if every losing team decide to change they're uniforms, not to mention ones with history and tradition as the Knicks.