NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jus2damcrazey219 said:

No. Sorry but that's stupid. It's silly to assert changing because they are "associated with losing", like it's the fault of the uniforms that the team is losing. New uniforms don't change losing ways. Imagine if every losing team decide to change they're uniforms, not to mention ones with history and tradition as the Knicks.

But it's OK to NOT change uniforms because they're associated with winning a championship??? To me that's just as stupid.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

6 hours ago, jus2damcrazey219 said:

No. Sorry but that's stupid. It's silly to assert changing because they are "associated with losing", like it's the fault of the uniforms that the team is losing. New uniforms don't change losing ways. Imagine if every losing team decide to change they're uniforms, not to mention ones with history and tradition as the Knicks.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and you definitely don't have to agree with mine. But it's completely subjective to say your view is more valid than someone else's. 

The Knicks have updated their uniforms 9 times since their early 70's championships. The "history" and "tradition" of their current iteration (2012-present) include one single playoff appearance where they were bounced in the second round by Indiana.

They currently have one of my least favorite looks in the league. If they changed their shorts stripes and design, that would be a good place to start. But again, that's just what I think; and at the end of the day it doesn't matter all that much. 

On 10/20/2019 at 5:48 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

But it's OK to NOT change uniforms because they're associated with winning a championship??? To me that's just as stupid.

Change for change sake doesn't make any sense especially if the fanbase is ok with the traditional look, especially when you've built a brand for a long time. Minor adjustments? Sure, fine. But should a team like the Raiders change their look because they've been losing for years? Hahaha. Tell that to their fanbase. If its not broke, don't go fixing it.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

12 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

Does anyone else hate the current iteration of Knicks home and away uniforms? To me they're so associated with losing and mediocrity. I wish they'd take the City Edition branding and run with it. spacer.png

Only things I would want changed are the front font returning to the classic font they used from the 60s-00s, the removal of the silver from the color scheme, and the darkening of the colors to the old colors. A logo change would be more than welcome though. Something like this concept I did a while back would be absolutely perfect in my mind.

spacer.png

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

Raptors Adding a Little Extra Gold to Opening Night Outfits

October 21, 2019 - 14:08 PM

The Toronto Raptors are all set to tip-off the 2019-20 NBA season tomorrow night, but first, they’ll take one last opportunity to bask in the golden glow of their 2018-19 championship. For their home opener on Tuesday against the Zion […]

Read More...

Guys I want your honest opinions 

What do you think about all the jerseys nike is pulling out? I like em

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

1 hour ago, Blindsay said:

They could be better, could be worse, some are great, some aren't. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Blindsay said:

The best unveils this offseason have been throwbacks.

Take that as you will.

20 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

The best unveils this offseason have been throwbacks.

Take that as you will.

That's been my take as well. Though I like the Nets' gray graffiti and Bulls' pinstripes jerseys.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

37 minutes ago, SuperNerdToTheRescue said:

spacer.png

Spotted this on Twitter. Does this suggest an Elgin Baylor-era throwback for next season?

Edit: The image comes from this video that the Lakers tweeted out:

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1186405674223202304

Good catch. I can envision this 

spacer.png

but what about the above with a LAKERS wordmark?

or reverse the blue and powder blue? Powder blue is in and I can see the Lakers twisting those colors up. Powder blue primary with royal blue drop shadow, piping, and outlines. 

2 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Anyone got more "Leaks" on the City edition sets??

I love these guesses, I'm getting better😁

Philadelphia White

Washington White

Indiana Royal Blue

Denver Royal Blue

Sacramento Red

Houston White

Philadelphia is Navy

2 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Anyone got more "Leaks" on the City edition sets??

I love these guesses, I'm getting better😁

Philadelphia White

Washington White

Indiana Royal Blue

Denver Royal Blue

Sacramento Red

Houston White

The Nuggets one is a navy version of their white City unis from last year (and why would they wear another royal blue jersey when the Statement jersey is royal?)

Not to be rude...but the only ones you get correct are the ones that have leaked. You're not really that close on any of the questionable ones. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, MattMill said:

Good catch. I can envision this 

spacer.png

but what about the above with a LAKERS wordmark?

or reverse the blue and powder blue? Powder blue is in and I can see the Lakers twisting those colors up. Powder blue primary with royal blue drop shadow, piping, and outlines. 

Imagine Lakers wearing these playing against Clippers wearing their "Los Angeles" jerseys.

Archived