NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

lakers wearing yellow on the road with black accessories

Actually i think the Black accessories are a good thing, because many players wear black under shirts. The result is that the banana yellow looks a bit more like gold.

10 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

CALIFORNIA ANGELS but that's another story:

So the Sixers Navy "City" that leaked is legit? Some claim it was fake on Twitter/Facebook etc. So if it's legit it's to honor the William Penn Statue?

Stop, just stop. Jerseys will be unveiled in time and you will find out things as they are posted. There are people here who do know but if they let it out could lose there jobs. Stop trying to force the issue.

Beyond all the bad design critiques we've already gone over for the 2019 Clippers... looking at the court last night it was hard to shake the feeling that they had just been beaten to the punch already with all of this stuff. A lifelong laughing-stock team, second banana in its metro, rebranding to a modern utilitarian black-and-white look in an attempt to stake its claim... where have we seen this before...

Of course the actual jerseys playing atop this court, neither related to it at all. But that's another story.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

8 hours ago, truepg said:

They wore white accessories during preseason. Just how hard is it to wear yellow or purple accessories?

I hate the black accessories, BUT, if they do it only when they wear yellow on the road, i'll hate it slightly less. 

15 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

CALIFORNIA ANGELS but that's another story:

So the Sixers Navy "City" that leaked is legit? Some claim it was fake on Twitter/Facebook etc. So if it's legit it's to honor the William Penn Statue?

Chris Heck, the head honcho of Sixers Marketing and all things brand for them, tweeted that they were not jerseys that would be worn this year. If it was actually a leak I think he wouldn't want to call attention to it.

"Uncalled for" feels a little breathless, but I would agree that it's not a very good addition to their ever-worsening identity. I only know there's a map of Los Angeles in the paint because I read about it here. Otherwise it would just look like random lines. 

I had no problem with the bones of the old Clippers stuff. The primary logo was obviously derivative, but I dug the scripts, and thought classic cursive in red/white/blue was a good no-nonsense identity for a major-market team. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think the new clippers court is a great idea. Last years court had too much red. The black paint is just so clean. The lines are a good idea but they are a bit too busy and stick out too much. I like the lakers one better but not because of how timeless they are because I like them more color wise rather than liking them due to history

IMG-7122.gif

6 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

I think the new clippers court is a great idea. Last years court had too much red. The black paint is just so clean. The lines are a good idea but they are a bit too busy and stick out too much. I like the lakers one better but not because of how timeless they are because I like them more color wise rather than liking them due to history

I just wished the uniforms that they will wear most games at home matched the court better. The white city and black statements look great paired with that court while the blue and normal white uniforms that have no black at all just feel weird.

44 minutes ago, JELKK said:

I just wished the uniforms that they will wear most games at home matched the court better. The white city and black statements look great paired with that court while the blue and normal white uniforms that have no black at all just feel weird.

When they unveiled the new logo and colors, the black always felt forced. It still feels forced. But, with that said I really don't mind the new cour ... by itself.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Archived