kimball

NBA Changes 2019-20

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Watching the Kings at Suns game. It's nice to see the home team in white and the road team in color.

 

same with spurs vs. knicks (although NYK is wearing their "statement" uniforms)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jazz are also in white and OKC in blue tonight.

 

They've also been advertising the new 5 for the fight ad all game. It says 5 jerseys and shows the city edition they've had the last two seasons.

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bucky_bleichert said:

 

same with spurs vs. knicks (although NYK is wearing their "statement" uniforms)

What statement are they trying to make? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, bowld said:

Loving the Blazers new court

Agreed.

 

You all might want to make note of the off-white color of the paint area for future reference. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

Agreed.

 

You all might want to make note of the off-white color of the paint area for future reference. 😉

I’ve heard a couple rumors about that on twitter and reddit, so this seemingly all but confirms that as the base color of the City Edition. The team’s beat reporter, Casey Holdahl, has already said on twitter that fans will love the new City Edition, so I can’t wait to see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Haz_Matt said:

Jazz are also in white and OKC in blue tonight.

 

They've also been advertising the new 5 for the fight ad all game. It says 5 jerseys and shows the city edition they've had the last two seasons.

spacer.png

 

Literally every color of the rainbow is represented here, and with the different contrasting styles of the main set, the gradients, and the throwbacks there is no real sense of cohesion. The brand just feels like its all over the place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

NBA all star weekend has become a black oriented event weekend, Utah just isn't the place for that, time and time again their fans have proven that.

 

I'm generally for keeping All-Star Weekend to a tight rotation of destination cities (New Orleans, Los Angeles, Miami, et al) but the league would really be playing with fire if it declared one of its markets to be Not Black Enough for its marquee event, because at that point you may as well Sterling them out of the league altogether. Though I am intrigued by the postulated twelve-dimensional chess of Adam Silver killing All-Star Weekend by making black people feel unwelcome. Suspicions will be undeniable when the 2024 game is awarded to "just a neighborhood with Koreans and Jews." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad Utah got the nod to host All-Star Weekend 2023. I wasn't a fan of New Orleans and Los Angeles getting it a combined 5 times in a 10-year span, destination popularity notwithstanding. While I'm on the subject, I'm surprised it's taken over 30 years for Chicago to host it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

While I'm on the subject, I'm surprised it's taken over 30 years for Chicago to host it again.

It comes down to team/arena ownership. The NBA takes over your venue for the event and gets the majority of the profits from ticket/suite/concession sales. Some owners just dont like the deal and have no interest in letting the league take over their venue for 2-3 nights when they could make money for themselves by hosting a hockey game or a concert those nights. Mark Cuban was staunchly against hosting an all-star game and it never came to the DFW Metroplex until Jerry Jones welcomed the league into his stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

While I'm on the subject, I'm surprised it's taken over 30 years for Chicago to host it again.

 

Reinsdorf never wanted it because he felt he wouldn't get enough money out of it. He didn't own the Stadium, only the Wirtzes did, so maybe it wasn't as much of an issue then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, the admiral said:

 

I'm generally for keeping All-Star Weekend to a tight rotation of destination cities (New Orleans, Los Angeles, Miami, et al) but the league would really be playing with fire if it declared one of its markets to be Not Black Enough for its marquee event, because at that point you may as well Sterling them out of the league altogether. Though I am intrigued by the postulated twelve-dimensional chess of Adam Silver killing All-Star Weekend by making black people feel unwelcome. Suspicions will be undeniable when the 2024 game is awarded to "just a neighborhood with Koreans and Jews." 

 

Milwaukee should still be in line with their new arena, so it better be 2025.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the admiral said:

 

Reinsdorf never wanted it because he felt he wouldn't get enough money out of it. He didn't own the Stadium, only the Wirtzes did, so maybe it wasn't as much of an issue then.

 

Now that you mention Reinsdorf, I shouldn't be surprised with the long gap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2019 at 8:04 PM, axiom20xx said:

 

and some people wonder why Laker fans are so hated.

 

I can't imagine why people hate Laker fans...

LDN-L-LAKERS-1021-32-kjs_27291233_6537561.jpg?w=620

ShrillAfraidFlatcoatretriever-size_restricted.gif

 

tenor.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Laker Sunglasses Guy is just a pale imitation of Fat Nets Guy:

 

ParchedFlickeringFlatcoatretriever-size_

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Weekend said:

 

I can't imagine why people hate Laker fans...

 

 

 

tenor.gif

 

I wonder how much blow this guy does on a nightly basis?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Laker Sunglasses Guy is just a pale imitation of Fat Nets Guy:

 

ParchedFlickeringFlatcoatretriever-size_

 

 

That's just adorable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.