NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Nod to the Irish culture in Boston. By the way take a note on that Celtic knot pattern on trims.

Yes, and I still don't understand why nike got problem to make outlines NOB on regular jerseys. I guess it might be related to "lightweight" gibberish just like Sharks no-hem stripes, but it's only my guessing.

Why is it blue tho lol? Is there an Irish tie in with that color I’m unaware of?

6 minutes ago, Froob said:

Why is it blue tho lol? Is there an Irish tie in with that color I’m unaware of?

It doesn't look blue to me at all. Either a teal or very pale kelly green.

EH-6hS-XYAAdkk0?format=jpg&name=large

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

This is the most rebellious jersey design the celts ever came up with 

and I kinda like it.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Guys. A survey. What’s the best statement/city jersey that has come up from Nike ever since the deal with the nba? And do you want the same for baseball?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

1 hour ago, Froob said:

Is not blue, for me this is the same green they're using on regular jerseys, but in different lighting. Not sure about outlines, but they look more like black instead of navy.

4r2eer.png

30 minutes ago, Blindsay said:

Guys. A survey. What’s the best statement/city jersey that has come up from Nike ever since the deal with the nba? And do you want the same for baseball?

Miami, and Christ Almighty No.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

Is not blue, for me this is the same green they're using on regular jerseys, but in different lighting. Not sure about outlines, but they look more like black instead of navy.

Yep, if you watch the video it looks like the jersey is the same green color as the other green gear hanging in his locker. And the accent color definitely looks black instead of navy. Here’s the video for reference:

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Woof. 

It screams, "You'll never get ahold a me Lucky Charms!" 

Pretty much. Yeah. These are so G-ddamn tacky, so cartoony faux-Irish that it's almost offensive. This is the Boston G-ddamn Celtics. Dress like it.

Just now, Ice_Cap said:

Pretty much. Yeah. These are so G-ddamn tacky, so cartoony faux-Irish that it's almost offensive. This is the Boston G-ddamn Celtics. Dress like it.

I like it. It isn’t faux Irish to me, I like the celtic knots on the trim and the font is good, people don’t say the same about the Red Sox st Patrick’s day alts, or the old gold Celtics uniforms. 

6 minutes ago, dont care said:

I like it.

Cool.

It isn’t faux Irish to me

Ok? 🤷‍♂️ You couldn't find a more stereotypical hackneyed "Irish" style font.

I like the celtic knots on the trim

It's gaudy.

people don’t say the same about the Red Sox st Patrick’s day alts, or the old gold Celtics uniforms. 

Who's "people"? Are you assuming I speak for everyone? Or assuming we all have a hive mind? I, personally, dislike the other two uniforms you've mentioned. Though at least they didn't go with an awful font you'd find on the signage of every Irish pub on the continent. This uniform did, so it's worse.

Archived