NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The major online store where I found the Peachtree jersey (it rhymes with Stanatics) has taken the jersey out of its search results...lol whoops.

I was very curious and antsy, but oh well.

39 minutes ago, keynote said:

That Peachtree uni would look better if it were peach with black/white trim.

Give it until next year.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 hours ago, Colin_Pernett said:

I’d imagine that the rebrand will probably be the Skyhawks font and colors with this side striping. Making it a recolor of the blue throwbacks from last year.

I'd be MAJORLY disappointed if they used ANYTHING from the Skyhawks identity.

Clipart.

Default Microsoft Font.

Cheap AF look altogether. 

CPSkyhawks.png

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Just putting PEACHTREE on the front is so stupid. Peachtree is the name of a lot of things in the city, but it's not a moniker for the city nor is it something people identify with. And, for a peach themed uniform, you use white piping to basically wash the peach out of the uniform -- you won't be able to see it from far away, they will look black and white. 

Font reads terrible, the striping is uninspired and not identifiable with the Hawks' brand history. These are an absolute dud. The more the Hawks whiff on things, the more terrified I am of their upcoming rebrand. 

18 minutes ago, kimball said:

I'd be MAJORLY disappointed if they used ANYTHING from the Skyhawks identity.

Clipart.

Default Microsoft Font.

Cheap AF look altogether. 

CPSkyhawks.png

When I first saw this logo, I thought "this has to be a placeholder" only for my thought to switch to "U gotta be kidding me?" when I found the logo to be official. Looks like they handed their graphic design work to one of the owner's kids, smh.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

19 hours ago, Conrad. said:

smart work, here 

fwiw, 9ish (not including the legit leaks/unveils, of course) of those main color + wordmark color "guesses" are correct 👍

So that Navy Philly  leak is for next season or for this season? A lot of people claiming Philly gets Navy while others are saying it will be White to honor the Snake and Liberty Bell.

Washington and Minnesota are turning the clock back two years ago to their first City editions but tweaking 'em a bit with Minnesota adding a splash of Green to again honor the cold Minnesota Winters and the Bullets/Wizards will again be honoring the White House.

Indiana is tweaking last year's set as it's gray again but will have modifications and it's to honor the early to mid 90's uniforms pre 1997-98 makeover.

Sacramento's will be Dark Gray and will have the throwback woodmark to honor the team's 35 years in Sacramento with a tribute to Arco Arena.

Pelicans again going with a White Mardi Gras theme but it will be similar to the 2017-18 set.

Spurs again going with Camo for third year in a row.

Utah honoring the Utah Mountains for the third year in a row (Didn't the NBA say you can keep a City set for no more than Two years?)

Phoenix honoring the Hispanic Community of Phoenix but going with Slate gray instead of purple for the first two installments.

Portland going with a White "RIP City" to honor the Portland Hipsters/Millenials/Craft Beer crew

Milwaukee turning it back to the inaugural City set to honor the Milwaukee Breweries.

Detroit listened to their fans and released a red City edition honoring the Detroit Automobile Industry.

Chicago going with a red version of the City flag with Columbia blue thrown in (CM Punk Inspired)

Toronto going to go with a Red and Purple "We the North"

Dallas going with Lime Green to honor the City's neighborhood artwork instead of honoring the Dallas Skyline and Margaret Hunt Bridge like the two previous sets.

Denver Going with a Navy Rocky Mountain Skyline Fauxback?

Houston going with a sleeveless version of the gray Clutch City honoring the City nickname. Previously it was rumored that Houston would honor the 50th Anniversary of NASA

Charlotte going with a Gray version of the Buzz City set from last season honoring the Charlotte Coliseum's nickname for the upper deck.

Memphis decided to be rebels and nor partake in a City edition. They must prefer Adidas over Nike. Anyway since Memphis won't have a City set this season, NBA 2k needs to add their set from last season.

@ThunderCeltic:

Did you really just take time to repeat a spreadsheet of guesses in which 9 were correct?

What was Charlotte Coliseum's nickname for the upper deck? 

It was rumored that Houston would honor NASA? Did you create that rumor in one of your 40 prediction posts?

Phoenix is going with slate gray? Are you sure? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The hawks city edition jerseys are nice I guess but the main issue is how the peach color and the white touch. It creates a blur effect. That’s one of the things that bothers me in nba jerseys. How some colors combine to create this weird blur effect which end up looking like one color from a distance.  

for example: the wordmark on these pacers jerseys. There’s little contrast between the yellow and white 

usa_today_12045696.0.jpg

IMG-7122.gif

Well I said red a while back based on red being a default accessory for the Kings in NBA 2k20. Previously I thought it would Carolina Blue but on Lockervision the Kings are wearing City against the Thunder who would be in Blue (ICON).

Also wished NIKE was doing EARNED uniforms this season. A gold Celtics Earned of this year's city edition and a red Clippers Earned this year would have been a nice touch.

14 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Don’t like the Colors, but this would be a good template for a future Red/Yellow rebrand soon.

I think that's the same template of the powder blue throwback from last season. I think the new uniforms next year, may be a recolor of those throwbacks, with a different wordmark. 

Archived