NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

The peach gets totally lost and looks like a light tan anywhere but up close, as expected.

I do really like the shorts and side panels design, someone should use it with better colors. And looking at that website I remain completely baffled why they keep using that awful stretched version of the font on the uniforms when they use the far superior shorter version everywhere else. Even the Peachtree is stretched for no good reason. They even have an arched version of the Hawks wordmark theyuse on warmups! Just put this on the jersey!

spacer.png

07Giants.pngnyy.png

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I agree. If you're gonna go that route, wouldn't 'Peach State' or something like that work better?

City jersey. 

Pistons don't wear "Wolverine State" on their City jerseys. 

Peachtree is very city-centric, very Atlanta. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

27 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I agree. If you're gonna go that route, wouldn't 'Peach State' or something like that work better?

I would, but it doesn't it should.

Honestly, having ATLANTA in a peach color would work much better. You don't need to have PEACHTREE in front of the jersey for us to get it, it's a PEACH colored jersey and Georgia is the Peach State.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

26 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

City jersey. 

Pistons don't wear "Wolverine State" on their City jerseys. 

Peachtree is very city-centric, very Atlanta. 

That's a bad example, because the Jazz celebrates Southern Utah not Salt Lake City for their City Jersey. The point of the City Jersey is to celebrate the community not so much the specific city. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

12 minutes ago, kimball said:

That's a bad example, because the Jazz celebrates Southern Utah not Salt Lake City for their City Jersey. The point of the City Jersey is to celebrate the community not so much the specific city. 

Many City unis are very city-specific though (Bulls, Nets, Knicks, Pelicans, Pistons, Wizards, Clippers, The Land, et al) so it's not really wrong to make it city-specific. I'm not sure how the Atlanta community isn't connected to "Peachtree".

The Jazz unis (and maybe Toronto) are really the only ones that are nature-related to areas outside of the main city. 

31 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Many City unis are very city-specific though (Bulls, Nets, Knicks, Pelicans, Pistons, Wizards, Clippers, The Land, et al) so it's not really wrong to make it city-specific. I'm not sure how the Atlanta community isn't connected to "Peachtree".

The Jazz unis (and maybe Toronto) are really the only ones that are nature-related to areas outside of the main city. 

Well I’d say oranges, and space don’t have anything to do with Orlando, Orlando isn’t known for its orange groves and the Kennedy space center is a good 1.5-2 hour drive from orlando

1 minute ago, dont care said:

Well I’d say oranges, and space don’t have anything to do with Orlando, Orlando isn’t known for its orange groves and the Kennedy space center is a good 1.5-2 hour drive from orlando

Orlando is in Orange County, named after the fruit that was once the county's main crop.

Atlanta Hawks Unveil New Peachtree “City Edition” Uniform

November 1, 2019 - 15:57 PM

The Atlanta Hawks unveiled a new uniform today, and it’s a real peach… Inspired by Peachtree Street, the main road that runs through Atlanta, the Hawks new “City Edition” jerseys feature the name of the street right across the chest […]

Read More...

4 minutes ago, dont care said:

Was Once

So they can't celebrate their city/county's history? Interesting. Should just throw away the Bucks' city jersey because that was inspired by what was once their court design. Or the Warriors' statement jersey because Oakland was once their hometown. Or any throwback uniform, for that matter, that was once a team's primary look.

59 minutes ago, dont care said:

Suburbs of Orlando have a large amount of orange groves. Drive up Highway 27 north/west of Kissimmee and there are thousands of orange/citrus trees - Showcase of Citrus is 2,500 acres of citrus. 

10 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Suburbs of Orlando have a large amount of orange groves. Drive up Highway 27 west of Kissimmee and there are thousands of orange/citrus trees. 

That isn’t a suburb of Orlando. That’s Polk county. That’s it’s own area. I’m sure there are peaches groves around atlanta too is the point.

26 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

So they can't celebrate their city/county's history? Interesting. Should just throw away the Bucks' city jersey because that was inspired by what was once their court design. Or the Warriors' statement jersey because Oakland was once their hometown. Or any throwback uniform, for that matter, that was once a team's primary look.

I’m saying why can’t they when Atlanta supposedly can’t celebrate theirs

15 minutes ago, dont care said:

That isn’t a suburb of Orlando. That’s Polk county. That’s it’s own area. I’m sure there are peaches groves around atlanta too is the point.

DiSnEy WoRlD iSn'T iN OrLaNdO eItHeR.

Suburbs can exist in different counties. Clermont (where Showcase of Citrus is located) is pretty damn close to Orlando. 

8 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

DiSnEy WoRlD iSn'T iN OrLaNdO eItHeR.

Suburbs can exist in different counties, there, guy. Clermont (where Showcase of Citrus is located) is pretty damn close to Orlando. 

And I’m sure peachtree city just south of Atlanta has a peach festival. All I’m saying is why are people putting up a stink about Atlanta doing a peach jersey and not Orlando doing the same thing.

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Well, you also had Houston the last couple of years with their Chinese jerseys (probably won't see those happen again), Lakers with their Legends jerseys and even the Kings' with their baby blue and red City Jerseys representing their past? Who knows?

I think more than anything it's a great illustration how muddled the NBA is getting with Nike.

2 hours ago, dont care said:

And I’m sure peachtree city just south of Atlanta has a peach festival. All I’m saying is why are people putting up a stink about Atlanta doing a peach jersey and not Orlando doing the same thing.

I don't think it's the color that people are hating it's the wordmark PEACHTREE and muddled design with the white and peach. I don't mind the peach. I like it.

As far as the Magic's orange goes ... I'm guessing it'll be space gray or whatever shade of gray or black with orange accents along with the ORL (dumb) wordmark from the leaked courts we got a couple months ago. I don't mind the orange, but gosh stop it with the abbreviations! 

ice_screenshot_20190823-131512.png

kimball banner.png

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Props to the Hawks for using an underused color.  It should have been black on peach though.

They can just invert it next year. That's all Miami has done so far.

Black and peach is a great looking color combination. If the references that city jerseys make are meaningful to that area's residents and no one else, that's not inherently a bad thing. They're better off celebrating neighborhoods or local culture than stupid :censored: that other people would recognize. I imagine a Buckhead, Midtown, or MLK Hawks jersey would do a lot better than "Peach State."

PJU85JF.png

I’ve already posted a breakdown of the Blazers’ uniform schedule for this season, but here it is in graphic form:

Right off the bat the thing that strikes me most is the sheer number of times that the new City Edition will be worn. All of the rumors I’ve heard about it suggest that it’ll be a fan favorite, so I really can’t wait for it to be unveiled. I also love that they’re wearing the Classic Edition so many times on the road, but wish they were wearing it a couple more times at home.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived