NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

3 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

Hey Rockets fans its flashback friday, we'll give you uniforms but changing the court is too much to ask. Come on... literally every team in the league has had a matching throwback court for the classic unis.

Utah didn't for theirs last season

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

Educated guess is that it's this but with a white base instead of navy?

I could have sworn I read somewhere that they were bringing back the cream "Parchment" color

Also potentially of note, the art exhibition at which the Sixers will unveil the city uniforms includes artists creating designs on leftover blank 2017 City edition jerseys

I actually had this idea that I had seen somewhere else," Dorset said. "It was taking blank jerseys — and the NBA now has the City Edition program that are one-year uniforms authentic to your city — and we had a handful of uniforms left over from our 2017-18 campaign that provided for a nice canvas. We could've shipped them all over the world and received them back, but I wanted that to be local to Philadelphia. So we have 20 Philadelphia artists creating art on these City Edition jerseys, and it was important for us to keep that piece, specifically, local to Philadelphia."

https://www.phillyvoice.com/philadelphia-76ers-crossover-art-exhibit-reebok-sixers-matisse-thybulle-josh-richardson-dj-auction/

7 hours ago, Pyromania1983 said:

@Conrad. I am not the best uniform editor, but are either of my edits close to what the Sixers will be unveiling Tuesday?

6wc3l3qgizy31.jpg

p5EmnMa.jpg

Unpopular opinion but I actually love the name spelled out instead of "Phila". 

Phila = ORL to me. Only teams that should EVEN DARE to have abbreviated jerseys are ATL, New York (NYC) and maybe Chicago (CHI). Cities that go by shortened names. PHX works too even though i hated those PHX unis. Philly is more appropriate but i know the history.

No one walks around Orlando like how's life in the ORL?? Or I love it here in DAL (at Dallas), etc.

shado_logo.gif

17 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The early/mid 2000s had some pretty horrid alternates. 

Mavericks trashbags

Wizards two-tones

Kings faux-robes

Suns bland PHX

I thought these were all fine jerseys, mainly because they were not over-worn.  I know the Wizards would only wear their gold jerseys like maybe 8 times per season.  If they had worn them like 20 or more times per season, then yes, they would have worn out their novelty and I would have wanted them to be mothballed.   But the fact that they showed some restraint in terms of how often they wore them is part of why I liked them.  They felt like a treat.  A garish jersey is not necessarily a bad jersey.  It becomes a bad jersey when teams overuse it, because it loses its novelty and doesn't seem special. Oh, and, it helps that gold was a team color of theirs and not just a random color that they shoehorned in.

I feel like back in those days, alternates were meant to be an exotic, interesting, occasional, alternative to the ho-hum of the standard home/road jersey matchups people were getting tired of seeing.  They allowed teams to experiment with and "stretch" their identities, without losing their core identities.  Watching the Wizards play 41 games per season wearing blue gets a little bit old.  But sprinkle in a few (key word: few) games here and there where they are wearing these garish gold jerseys... it definitely catches your attention.  I can tell you, from memory, several specific games in which they wore the gold jerseys because those games stand out to me so much, because there weren't many of them.  I remember a west-coast road trip in 2006 in which the Wizards beat both LAL and PHX in overtime games and Gilbert Arenas scored 60 and 54 points in those games, respectively.  The Wizards wore gold jerseys in both of those games and I don't think those games would have stood out in my memory as much if the Wizards were wearing their regular blue uniforms.

Anyway, now I hate alternate jerseys (or whatever they are called these days) because I feel like they are getting out of hand.  There are too many to keep track of and they change too often and it is causing teams to lose their identities.  I didn't mind garish or wacky alternate jerseys in the 90s and 2000s because most teams wouldn't go overboard with wearing them too often, but they would still retain them for several seasons and not add more alternates, so they still felt special.  Now they don't really have any meaning because teams wear them and change them so much.

18 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The early/mid 2000s had some pretty horrid alternates. 

Mavericks trashbags

Wizards two-tones

Kings faux-robes

Suns bland PHX

I don't mind any of the PHX sets they've had, although the early 2000s set for the Suns was just pretty bad in general.  The shades of purple and orange they used were too light, and on top of it they decided to mix in gray, only making it worse.  That set had to be one of the biggest downgrades in NBA history.

11 hours ago, Pyromania1983 said:

@Conrad. I am not the best uniform editor, but are either of my edits close to what the Sixers will be unveiling Tuesday?

6wc3l3qgizy31.jpg

p5EmnMa.jpg

@Conrad. liked my post. Last time he did was when I (correctly) predicted the Sixers revised red statement uni (seems to confirm at least one of these then). Now the question is which one do you guys think it will be? The white or the cream?

On 11/12/2019 at 12:25 PM, upperV03 said:

This is pretty cool from the Blazers; they're asking fans to submit photos of themselves to be part of a generated mosaic eventually revealing their new City jersey:

Update #2. Starting to fill in, especially on the sides.

spacer.png

19 hours ago, DG_Now said:

New courts probably cost about $20 million. Ask Daryl Morey for where to find that kind of cash.

So I checked each lockervision for each 'classic' game and stumbled upon this gem:

Friday, January 31st vs Dallas:

spacer.png

What's that court? Let's take a closer look:

spacer.png

The Rockets are too cheap to have a throwback court, but willing to have a special Chinese new year court... lol. This court is scheduled for a few home games after Jan 25.  I wonder if this is will be axed after the Morey debacle.

Translated: "We have the first image of the new Houston Rockets uniform. The official release will take place on the 20th". Available at the store Nov 30; jersey is a tribute to first trip to the moon. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

You know what. At least they’re not Chinese jerseys. Those actually look kind of solid for me mainly because I’m kind of a space fan and love the font. It’s nothing tacky. It’s simple. It’s a fresh breath of air from what the rockets had for the last two years. Just wish they incorporated blue to be inspired by nasa

edit: forgot to mention the name. H-town is definitely a stretch. That I’m not okay with. It should have been rockets since yknow space 

IMG-7122.gif

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Translated: "We have the first image of the new Houston Rockets uniform. The official release will take place on the 20th". Available at the store Nov 30; jersey is a tribute to first trip to the moon. 

seriously? “H-Town“ for a SPACE themed jersey? that’s so corny and unnecessary. maybe if it said Houston or something i would consider purchasing it. i’m starting to see what you guys are saying with this ridiculous nickname problem

Archived