kimball

NBA Changes 2019-20

21 hours ago, scouserduke said:

I'll just leave this here...

spacer.png

♫ In west DFW born and raised ... On the playground was where I spent most of my days

On 11/16/2019 at 8:11 PM, Denver_The_Sinaloa said:

seriously? “H-Town“ for a SPACE themed jersey? that’s so corny and unnecessary. maybe if it said Houston or something i would consider purchasing it. i’m starting to see what you guys are saying with this ridiculous nickname problem

8 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air did not invent graffiti. Please stop.

But that word mark is in a font similar to the fresh prince of bel-air no?

Premature Launch: Rockets New City Uniform Leaked

November 18, 2019 - 14:49 PM

The Houston Rockets new “City Edition” jersey for the 2019-20 season was leaked yesterday afternoon, posted to a fan-run Instagram account known as NBA Worldwide Coverage. Showing a white jersey with red and silver striping around the collar, the leaked […]

Read More...

While I'm not a big fan of pairing H-town with a NASA theme, it is a nice change from the usual mandarin font "city edition" jersey (aka going after the chinese market) that the rockets have been wearing for a few years now. Now that they have burned that bridge perhaps they can finally remember that they play in Houston.

1 hour ago, insert name said:

Do people from Houston actually refer to it as "H-Town"?

Yeah, especially in the hip hop community. You see it everywhere nowadays.

Interesting that this appears to use the 90s style letters like this year’s throwback, but the court that leaked earlier in the year featured a feathered “CLE” based on their 70s wordmark.

Nuggets' navy jersey is better than the white one.

Cavs' jersey could be really cool or just a complete mashup. 

City might have leaked. Looks like a black or super dark navy version of last years. Personally never felt like the rainbow jersey worked in any color other than white, the doubly so because the stripes are in small lines and end up in just a big white blob

spacer.png

As the trim was navy for last year's Nuggets City, I'm guessing they are reusing it for the full jersey this year.  The Nuggets' City court is still navy. 

7 hours ago, dont care said:

But that word mark is in a font similar to the fresh prince of bel-air no?

Imagine if it was a Banksy.

1 hour ago, anythinglogos said:

City might have leaked. Looks like a black or super dark navy version of last years. Personally never felt like the rainbow jersey worked in any color other than white, the doubly so because the stripes are in small lines and end up in just a big white blob

spacer.png

The trim and wordmark needed to been gold. White makes it look rather ummmm..plain